Share
Go down
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 2:50 am
Ok i will simply show u how i made a forward moving ground. i pretty much used ShadowmanX125's tut. but i will go through it step by step how i did it.

Requirements: Flash 8 and paint.net and possibly a v cam

First heres the ground i used:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Smw_fl11

Next, Open Paint.net and the floor i gave u. Your screen should look like this:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Post_111

Highlight the whole thing and go to effects>Blur>Zoom Blur and set your settings to look like this:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Post_211


Press Ok and save it as watever u want to call it. Undo the zoom blur after saving it and copy the floor (unblurred). Move the ground up about 7 times. it should look like this by now if u followed along:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Post_310

Paste the picture u copied and move it down until it covers the grey and white spots:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Post_410

Blur it again with the same settings and continue to use this process until u have a total of 3 blurred floors saved.

Go to Flash and import all three of the saved floors to the library:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Post_510

Drag them to the stage starting with the last going to the first and convert it to a graphic symbol:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Post_610

Align them and add a background to the stage in a new layer under the layer with the floor.

Heres the background i used:

Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Shroom11

take the background and make it big. Also add the vcam in another layer. To make it look real just keep the Background's base the same but make size big. if u do it right it should come out like this:

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/810796round2.swf
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13
Location : Massachusetts

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 4:56 am
Mission sort of accomplished


Ground movement moving forward (my way) Cleanf10


http://www.truploader.com/view/990190

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 2lax69
Ground movement moving forward (my way) TZmdW
dabestbrawler
dabestbrawler
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 27
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-06-20
Location : Providence, Rhode Island

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 5:35 am
ok now that lookz good

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Photobucket
"Wut can I say im talented"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Im down for a battle if anyone iz up to it Cool
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 25
Number of posts : 4867
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 9:24 am
Oh...this looks NICE...

Awesome tutorial bro!
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 26
Number of posts : 6081
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 9:37 am
Not bad Very Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 11:02 am
thnx Wink
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 20
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 1:20 pm
IT doesn't necessarily need to be Paint.NET. Pretty much most image software can do it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground movement moving forward (my way) UZ3PNb5
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 12947
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 1:24 pm
Why did you delete the entire topic last night? you coulda just edited the post

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 1:45 pm
@Granadico wrote:Why did you delete the entire topic last night? you coulda just edited the post

it had alot of mistakes in it and plus it wasnt finshed,but yea i try to post it yet
SX8Leon
SX8Leon
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-01-03
Location : Fantasy Island

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 2:24 pm
This is very helpful
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13
Location : Massachusetts

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 2:39 pm
It feels like u missed A step idk maybe its just me

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 2lax69
Ground movement moving forward (my way) TZmdW
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 2:52 pm
i dont think i missed a step. ill check
Average Spr1ter
Average Spr1ter
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 34
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-02-27
Location : Sprite Village

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 3:39 pm
thats pretty cool

___________________________________________________________________________________________

http://sinhra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=175
Link is to the one who made this awesome sig and avatar.
Ground movement moving forward (my way) Megaman_3
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13
Location : Massachusetts

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/27/2011, 4:42 pm
ur still gunna do a video tut right? I could help u find a rec studio

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 2lax69
Ground movement moving forward (my way) TZmdW
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 20163
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 12:03 pm
Luigiman I TEACHED YOU THIS ALREADY WTF. The notion of Yoshi's way of doing it is NO different than the way I told you. He basically used in art principle to make it 3D. In a way, he just used the Zoom Blur in paint.net in another way than Alvin Dirtworm did. Luigiman. C'mon.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13
Location : Massachusetts

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 1:41 pm
Pingboy wrote:Luigiman I TEACHED YOU THIS ALREADY WTF. The notion of Yoshi's way of doing it is NO different than the way I told you. He basically used in art principle to make it 3D. In a way, he just used the Zoom Blur in paint.net in another way than Alvin Dirtworm did. Luigiman. C'mon.

Im srry Pingboy But I still dont get the illusion(how I see it) its seems so complicated but at least I get the hang of it

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 2lax69
Ground movement moving forward (my way) TZmdW
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 20163
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 5:00 pm
Oh. Sorry Luigiboy. Well, study art. Artists use illusions to make they're drawings good. Eric stated that art is essential to spriting. You oughta learn it, boy. The elements of art. Learn Form and Space, boy. You'll understand it more. If you want me to elaborate that, or dumb it down, just say.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13
Location : Massachusetts

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 5:03 pm
Like This is from a recent book I read and flash animation popped in my head when reading set book




Ground movement moving forward (my way) Demotivational-posters-dance-with-the-brain


___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Ground movement moving forward (my way) 2lax69
Ground movement moving forward (my way) TZmdW
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 5:08 pm
i tried to make a vid for him but camstudio tweaked and started flashing green so i deleted it from my computer.
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 20163
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 5:10 pm
Yea, well, overall, this is just another level of taking advantage of illusions.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 5:20 pm
yea pretty much i was just trying to show how its done
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 10:05 pm
srry to double post but pingboy do u think i missed a step?
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 23
Number of posts : 12947
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 2/28/2011, 11:19 pm
Can't you guys edit your own posts?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 20163
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 3/1/2011, 2:11 am
yoshifanatic2595 wrote:srry to double post but pingboy do u think i missed a step?

The way you mentioned how to unblur and blur the background was hard to understand, but you know the concept of how to do it, and others SOMEHOW understand it.


lolwhydidisaydathasnotintodowiththequesitonyouasked


I can't see the animation, buddy. Mind uploading it to swfcabin or megaswf?

Well, just incase you two have seen Eric's 2.5D (if you're wondering why it isn't called 3D, it's because Eric used techniques, or illusions which cause a series of images or scenes to fake or APPEAR 3D when in fact they are not), I will tell you his case with it. The problem with Eric had in his animation was that Anime Studios, which is the program he used to animate, isn't GREAT with depth. Things get really glitchy. Especially in an open space, so he pushed the limit into making most of animation SEEM 3D.
Some people aren't able to do that. You know...3D, so they TRICK people with illusions. Eric has said that people who THINK they used 3D in their Flash animation, which they didn't, used illusions. By that, he means they use some techniques like linear perspective, size changes, overlapping, placement and detail. A LOT use those techniques in Flash. YoshiFanatic used a technique. He tricked ppl lmao. I haven't seen the video, so I can't really elaborate WHICH technique he used to trick Luigiman into thinking it was actually 3D omglmaorotfl.

But I hope you two get the big picture. If you read about 3D, which I HIGHLY recommend on a scale that is beyond 1-10 so that your next animation that involves the use of "DEPTH", or "3D", may be the actual REAL thing.

But learning art and shit... You will make your animations twice as good. I admire Fluidasses with their use of ingenuity in which they emphasize that in their animations very well. Hopefully I can execute creativity and 2.5D in my animations in the future. But I am still trying to improve physics, smoothness, easing, fluidity in my animations. I aint perfect. I'm shit. Hopefully you will master those principles before you go buh-zonkers on your animations.

Good luck. Peace to the world. Eric's tities are enormous.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
PsychoDino
PsychoDino
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2010-12-03
Location : DiscordForTheMostPart
http://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

on 3/1/2011, 6:24 am
Pingboy wrote:
yoshifanatic2595 wrote:srry to double post but pingboy do u think i missed a step?

The way you mentioned how to unblur and blur the background was hard to understand, but you know the concept of how to do it, and others SOMEHOW understand it.


lolwhydidisaydathasnotintodowiththequesitonyouasked


I can't see the animation, buddy. Mind uploading it to swfcabin or megaswf?

Well, just incase you two have seen Eric's 2.5D (if you're wondering why it isn't called 3D, it's because Eric used techniques, or illusions which cause a series of images or scenes to fake or APPEAR 3D when in fact they are not), I will tell you his case with it. The problem with Eric had in his animation was that Anime Studios, which is the program he used to animate, isn't GREAT with depth. Things get really glitchy. Especially in an open space, so he pushed the limit into making most of animation SEEM 3D.
Some people aren't able to do that. You know...3D, so they TRICK people with illusions. Eric has said that people who THINK they used 3D in their Flash animation, which they didn't, used illusions. By that, he means they use some techniques like linear perspective, size changes, overlapping, placement and detail. A LOT use those techniques in Flash. YoshiFanatic used a technique. He tricked ppl lmao. I haven't seen the video, so I can't really elaborate WHICH technique he used to trick Luigiman into thinking it was actually 3D omglmaorotfl.

But I hope you two get the big picture. If you read about 3D, which I HIGHLY recommend on a scale that is beyond 1-10 so that your next animation that involves the use of "DEPTH", or "3D", may be the actual REAL thing.

But learning art and shit... You will make your animations twice as good. I admire Fluidasses with their use of ingenuity in which they emphasize that in their animations very well. Hopefully I can execute creativity and 2.5D in my animations in the future. But I am still trying to improve physics, smoothness, easing, fluidity in my animations. I aint perfect. I'm shit. Hopefully you will master those principles before you go buh-zonkers on your animations.

Good luck. Peace to the world. Eric's tities are enormous.


Thnx for the explaination, i dont why u cant see it so i will try to upload it to mega swf for okay.
Sponsored content

Ground movement moving forward (my way) Empty Re: Ground movement moving forward (my way)

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum