SmackaDerp
SmackaDerp
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Sora VS Neku Empty Sora VS Neku

6/12/2016, 3:34 am

I liked making this one even though the sprites felt limited. Do the thing where you teach me where I messed up and what can improve please.
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

Sora VS Neku Empty Re: Sora VS Neku

6/12/2016, 7:26 am
that was pretty good. the majority of your effects looked nice too but that meteor was horrible.

and why was there no explosion sound effect at the end?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sora VS Neku Ichigo10
SmackaDerp
SmackaDerp
Spritan
Spritan

6/12/2016, 11:21 am
@5h0ck wrote:that was pretty good. the majority of your effects looked nice too but that meteor was horrible.

and why was there no explosion sound effect at the end?
I seriously couldn't find a good meteor lol, the lack of an explosion sound effect is something that I thought was ok when I finished it but I don't know how to feel about it now, at the time I thought that the song ending along to the explosion was enough to not warrant one, now I see how stupid it is.
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

6/12/2016, 5:31 pm
going along with the song is all well and good. the real issue is consistency. since the video consistently had sounds you expect sounds throughout the entire thing.

now if the entire vid went along with the song then not having sounds would be acceptable and if done right very entertaining. here's an example.

sounds aren't always necessary but inconsistencies can be irritating.

as for the meteor effect, well if you can't find the effect you want don't be afraid to ask. and if you still can't find one after that. then you can always make it, granted I know making a sprite is hard, but sometimes the solution is just a matter of perspective. in this particular case, you could have just taken a boulder or rock and blended a fireball on top of it. that's basically what a meteor is anyway. and as far as the audience knows it was a legit meteor sprite lol.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sora VS Neku Ichigo10
SmackaDerp
SmackaDerp
Spritan
Spritan

6/12/2016, 6:42 pm
@5h0ck wrote:going along with the song is all well and good. the real issue is consistency. since the video consistently had sounds you expect sounds throughout the entire thing.

now if the entire vid went along with the song then not having sounds would be acceptable and if done right very entertaining. here's an example.

sounds aren't always necessary but inconsistencies can be irritating.

as for the meteor effect, well if you can't find the effect you want don't be afraid to ask. and if you still can't find one after that. then you can always make it, granted I know making a sprite is hard, but sometimes the solution is just a matter of perspective. in this particular case, you could have just taken a boulder or rock and blended a fireball on top of it. that's basically what a meteor is anyway. and as far as the audience knows it was a legit meteor sprite lol.

Thanks for the feedback. Off topic question but how do people do those super smooth camera angle effects where the background looks like it has depth and characters jump in and out of it, I've been trying it out with my animations recently but quickly abort it because of how choppy and bad it looks, it can also be seen when Neku and Sora take the fight to the sky where I kind of tried it again but it still didn't look good.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum