SmackaDerp
SmackaDerp
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Link VS Zero Empty Link VS Zero

5/5/2016, 12:22 am

I made another animation and put it here to get it torn a new one. I had fun making it but ran out of ideas at the end so it's pretty abrupt.
Alex303
Alex303
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-03-26
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-6oEH3ZD5CFNtHm5hyvEcg

Link VS Zero Empty Re: Link VS Zero

5/7/2016, 7:04 pm
I see a lot of improvement in this fight. I love the depth of field thing you did with zero at the beginning. this animation over all was all right. I didnt like how at the beginning you could see the bottom of the map. you should have either moved the map up or the characters to stop that problem. Another thing that really didnt look appealing was when they fell. If you need some more effects i can send them. I really like the animation keep up the great work dude.
SmackaDerp
SmackaDerp
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-06-14

5/7/2016, 7:14 pm
@Alex303 wrote:I see a lot of improvement in this fight. I love the depth of field thing you did with zero at the beginning. this animation over all was all right. I didnt like how at the beginning you could see the bottom of the map. you should have either moved the map up or the characters to stop that problem. Another thing that really didnt look appealing was when they fell. If you need some more effects i can send them. I really like the animation keep up the great work dude.
I loved the lighting stuff you gave so I'd appreciate the extra effects, thanks for the feedback.
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

5/9/2016, 12:36 pm
Its not bad, definitely not bad, buuut it could use some work.

For starters theres this constant shift between slow and fast, all of which were choppy.

Some of the movie clips/graphics (whichever you go with) werent properly aligned, go back and fix those.

The BG. While I get the pic was small, simply mirroring it is rather unsightly, a possible fix would be making it bigger and using the cam so that the entire thing isnt shown. Also, the transition between stages was horrid. They start in the middle of a huge forest and end up in a desert cliff just because. NO. Get more bg sprites (I suggest mugen stages), and create a smoother transition between stages like slowly have less and less foliage and green to show that the edge of the forest is being approached.

Speaking of the cam, use it better, dont just follow the sprites, use zooms for moving between different part of the bg.

Lastly, FX. If I ever see you draw lines, not even straight ones at that and sloppily use then for a fall effect, I will hunt you down and castrate your puppy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Link VS Zero Untitl11
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

5/12/2016, 11:57 am
It appears no one has really honed on the biggest issue here, and that's the actual animation quality. It seems like there are some great ideas here, the choreography is actually decent, but it seems like you quickly animated it. I suggest you take your time with animating, and make sure you are picturing this out in your head, and putting them into the animation as accurately as possible.

This seems very rushed, very poor animation-wise.

Also, as the person above me stated, your camera work needs some serious improvement. I would suggest watching some tutorials online on how movie directors discuss camera movement, remember that the camera is the one that chooses what we see. Keeping us honed in on the details is great, but there's also a ton of other space outside of that. There's the background too, keep that in there, the more controlled items on the screen, the better the illusion can appear.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum