Go down
shinobidef
shinobidef
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Newbie - Graphics Gale/Photoshop help Empty Newbie - Graphics Gale/Photoshop help

on 3/19/2015, 8:50 am
Hi all

I'm completely new to spriting and animation but I've started off with Graphics Gale/Photshop and am having a few problems copying layers.

In my first frame, I imported my character from Photoshop (as a GIF) and then split it up into movable body parts, all in separate layers. When I create a new frame and paste each image within each layer, I end up with a rougher edge appear on the pasted image along with a few additional pixels. I can only think this is something to do with me importing from Photoshop - if so, does anyone know what the best format to export from PS? I'm making 24bit colour game sprites. It's not a major issue as can just create straight in Graphics Gale but wanted to use an image I'd made in PS as the base.

The other question is: is there any easy way in GG to paste all my layers from one frame into another at once to save me having to create individual layers per frame and then paste in all the individual bits?

The way I'm doing it at the moment feels a bit cumbersome!

Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Newbie - Graphics Gale/Photoshop help Empty Re: Newbie - Graphics Gale/Photoshop help

on 3/19/2015, 5:15 pm
hello

@shinobidef wrote:In my first frame, I imported my character from Photoshop (as a GIF) and then split it up into movable body parts, all in separate layers. When I create a new frame and paste each image within each layer, I end up with a rougher edge appear on the pasted image along with a few additional pixels. I can only think this is something to do with me importing from Photoshop - if so, does anyone know what the best format to export from PS? I'm making 24bit colour game sprites. It's not a major issue as can just create straight in Graphics Gale but wanted to use an image I'd made in PS as the base.

try exporting as PNG if it isn't animated, i don't see much of a reason to export it as a GIF (even though sprites usually have less than 256 colors and just require one color for transparency, since they're supposed to be crisp).
the rough edge idk about, you'd have to show an image so i know exactly what you mean, but if i'm getting it right then you probably have non-transparent pixels around the edges. but again, no idea really.

@shinobidef wrote:
The other question is: is there any easy way in GG to paste all my layers from one frame into another at once to save me having to create individual layers per frame and then paste in all the individual bits?

is there any reason you can't just duplicate a frame? you will retain all the content of the frame you duplicate, and all the stuff within the layers will be kept. otherwise there's no way to really duplicate layers across frames.

you also shouldn't be posting here haha, the new forum is here . this one is supposed to be an archive of sorts.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum