Go down
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

How to plan out a fight scene w/effects Empty How to plan out a fight scene w/effects

on 4/18/2014, 8:19 pm
So before I end up cracking my ass and not produce a full and good animation, I would like I hear some tips on how to plan fights with consideration for effects. I'm par of this bash collab and want to make sure I plan it thoroughly so that I don't run into a wall or don't finish my animation. Pls help nd Ty!
MrCreepingTom
MrCreepingTom
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-06-28

How to plan out a fight scene w/effects Empty Re: How to plan out a fight scene w/effects

on 4/18/2014, 8:21 pm
You could try making a comic of the animation first that way you have almost everything planned out

___________________________________________________________________________________________

lol! Its fun cuz your dead
Foxboy9
Foxboy9
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2014-04-02
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNdrO1KtMjZzG_v04csk5Fg

How to plan out a fight scene w/effects Empty Re: How to plan out a fight scene w/effects

on 4/18/2014, 8:39 pm
In my experience, ive found that looking at the work of animators who create works that lean towards my target animation "style" is what gives me the most inspiration. Now first of there isnt anything wrong with picking up a tip or two from theyre own fight scenes. Originality comes in the presentation more than the execution of a fight (though always try to put ur own spin on things). Another tip that kind of goes in tangent with the last one is to try and picture your animation being watched by you in its finished format. Just picture the kinds of movements that would keep you as the viewer GLUED to the screen, then proceed to past that image to your canvas. This will not only keep your excitement and help you finish your production, but since it from your perspective everyone will clearly see the mark youve left on the spriting world as your very own. Lastly enjoy and love your progress. Always look to improve it. For instance with the effects, I would finish the meat and potatoes of the animation, no effects (unless its mandatory for a part obviously) then go back and insert your effects, with this not only will you find the appropriate effect for the moment (since you know whats coming next so your timing will work out) but you'll also see other little edits you may have to make. Boom, contribution of wisdom to the willing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Best Wishes
The2ndnaruto
How to plan out a fight scene w/effects D4isib10
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/18/2014, 8:57 pm
@Foxboy9 wrote:In my experience, ive found that looking at the work of animators who create works that lean towards my target animation "style" is what gives me the most inspiration. Now first of there isnt anything wrong with picking up a tip or two from theyre own fight scenes. Originality comes in the presentation more than the execution of a fight (though always try to put ur own spin on things). Another tip that kind of goes in tangent with the last one is to try and picture your animation being watched by you in its finished format. Just picture the kinds of movements that would keep you as the viewer GLUED to the screen, then proceed to past that image to your canvas. This will not only keep your excitement and help you finish your production, but since it from your perspective everyone will clearly see the mark youve left on the spriting world as your very own. Lastly enjoy and love your progress. Always look to improve it. For instance with the effects, I would finish the meat and potatoes of the animation, no effects (unless its mandatory for a part obviously) then go back and insert your effects, with this not only will you find the appropriate effect for the moment (since you know whats coming next so your timing will work out) but you'll also see other little edits you may have to make. Boom, contribution of wisdom to the willing.

Yeah this makes lots of sense, but sometimes I'm not sure whether I should find effects that look cool to me and use them for a part, because if I want to storyboard an animation, how do I imagine the kind of skill/effect I want to use? But thanks so much, your advice helps me much more with the approach to fighting animations.
Foxboy9
Foxboy9
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/18/2014, 9:22 pm
Picking an effect is like.... ehhhh picking out clothes, yes. A majority of the clothes in your closet will just be there because they fit your style in some way. However a small few will be for specific situations (i.e a formal event or party) in which case these will look significantly different. On the imagination bit all I can say is to just play out the scene in your mind. Alot, like over and over. And just picture different effects every time. The effect that gives you the best/smoothest transition to the next moment/scene will be your go to. Now of course this is not the end all be all way to do it, but itll definitely get your foot in the door.

Best Wishes
The2ndnaruto
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/18/2014, 10:04 pm
@Foxboy9 wrote:Picking an effect is like.... ehhhh picking out clothes, yes. A majority of the clothes in your closet will just be there because they fit your style in some way. However a small few will be for specific situations (i.e a formal event or party) in which case these will look significantly different. On the imagination bit all I can say is to just play out the scene in your mind. Alot, like over and over. And just picture different effects every time. The effect that gives you the best/smoothest transition to the next moment/scene will be your go to. Now of course this is not the end all be all way to do it, but itll definitely get your foot in the door.

Thanks, I get what you mean by that analogy. TY for the advice!
Foxboy9
Foxboy9
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/20/2014, 5:06 pm
No worries bro, happy spriting ^^

Best Wishes
The2ndnaruto
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum