Amin196
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2013-04-07

Animated Background Empty Animated Background

4/1/2014, 1:40 pm
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/a1744d36ec88ed46f5309ff802cd7b3a

So since im still learning about flash and already have a character, I thought why not work on making backgrounds. Not just any background but a background that looks more alive and things are happening all the time. Of course this my first background EVER so...yeah

Im wonder on what you think of it. As usual, tell what i can do to make it better and tips.

Thanks Y'all!

PS:If you watch this use the headset cuz i have some effect on the video.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

Animated Background Empty Re: Animated Background

4/1/2014, 1:41 pm
[quote="Amin196"]http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/a1744d36ec88ed46f5309ff802cd7b3a

So since im still learning about flash and already have a character, I thought why not work on making backgrounds. Not just any background but a background that looks more alive and things are happening all the time. Of course this my first background EVER so...yeah

Im wonder on what you think of it. As usual, tell what i can do to make it better and tips.

Thanks Y'all!

PS:If you watch this use the headset cuz i have some effect on the sound

___________________________________________________________________________________________

YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05

4/1/2014, 2:34 pm
I've never used, made, or found a moving background before, geez they are so hard to find. Especially water induced backgrounds. I can't really help you, but the water looks nice to me. A little fast though.

Animated Background Dancing-happy-yoshi Animated Background 259ab217
AlexTGS
AlexTGS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05

4/1/2014, 3:38 pm
Damn I should start making shit like this it gives me a ton of ideas.

As for yours since this is a cave I suggest bats hanging from the ceiling or flying across.
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

4/2/2014, 3:49 pm
Great idea!

Glad I inspired you (AlexTGS) to make animated backgrounds! ^^

Thanks YoshiSonic for telling me the problem!

Glad you all enjoyed it!

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

4/2/2014, 5:28 pm
while i think there's a little too much activity going on in the background (it'd draw people's attention away from the actual foregroudn of the animation), it'd be really good to see stuff like this in an animation. It really livens it up and adds a layer of immersion you can't get with just a still picture background. It'd be great to see a larger BG so the characters could actually run around in a scrolling background withh it being alive aroudn them. Nice job

Animated Background Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

4/2/2014, 6:32 pm
I really like it, especially the music. Just try to imagine more things to add in to there like bats and stuff Alex said and when using animated backgrounds, don't focus your camera on them too much in the animation. Also, I would tone down the sound of that rock rolling down when doing a scene in that map because then it can get really distracting. Nice!
spritefan2
spritefan2
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-01-10

4/3/2014, 3:48 am
It's just kinda strange that the objects are bluring more and more in the back, but the water layer, furthest in the back, isn't blurred at all.

So it was mainly the water that irked me, blur it, and it may look better if you adjust the color to be darker.

Spoiler:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum