Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2825
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Spritas Mascot Empty Spritas Mascot

3/27/2014, 10:22 pm
So, after the failed attempt at trying to create a mascot nearly a year ago, we're going to try it again.
As a gallery mod I literally do nothing, so I feel like this is something I CAN do to contribute, and I'd say I'm qualified to make it happen. This will be a community effort, everyone that posts will have their idea considered and potentially used. Nothing will be private and if I ever decide to make any changes I'll bring it up here first to keep everyone on the same page.
We don't have much to start with, other than a suggestion from patt, and a drawing from me.

"I think a male human character could be nice, it would be cool if he used weapons that were Flash tools.
He would be more like a Batman type of character, since he wouldn't have powers, just a lot of cool gadgets."

My drawing: (unrelated to patt's suggestion)
Spritas Mascot Zoey_wielding_the_happy_pencil_by_knuxelton-d6ossiu
So lets try and make this happen.

Last edited by Knux on 3/27/2014, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Spritas Mascot Empty Re: Spritas Mascot

3/27/2014, 10:24 pm
isn't that your signature person?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Spritas Mascot Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/27/2014, 10:26 pm
@Granadico wrote:isn't that your signature person?
Yeah, she is more now than when that was drawn though, which is why I offered her. We can use it as a base or start from scratch, I just salvaged everything from the discussion lol
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

3/27/2014, 10:36 pm
OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooh snap.

Does are mascot have to be male?? I'd much prefer a sexy female lmao all joking aside (for the most part) I think it would be pretty hilarious if the guy was a nerdy kinda character, but not in a shy/timid way... more like a nerdy kinda guy who's confident but still really nerdy.
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/27/2014, 10:47 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooh snap.

Does are mascot have to be male?? I'd much prefer a sexy female lmao all joking aside (for the most part) I think it would be pretty hilarious if the guy was a nerdy kinda character, but not in a shy/timid way... more like a nerdy kinda guy who's confident but still really nerdy.
Nope, it can be male or female, whatever is the most suggested I suppose.
And a nerdy character could definitely work, since it would be relatable.
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

3/27/2014, 10:51 pm
@Knux wrote:And a nerdy character could definitely work, since it would be relatable.
speak for urself
im a proud internet jock who wrecks nerds

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Spritas Mascot Lorde
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/27/2014, 10:53 pm
sieghart wrote:
@Knux wrote:And a nerdy character could definitely work, since it would be relatable.
speak for urself
im a proud internet jock who wrecks nerds
Spritas Mascot Lorde
AlexTGS
AlexTGS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05

3/27/2014, 11:16 pm
I feel it should be something pixelated since thats the only thing pretty much everybody on this website does is pixel shit
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

3/27/2014, 11:34 pm
It should be a male that has an apparel representing some of the popular sprite media of the site, like a shirt of sonic or a Megaman helmet, something like that.
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/27/2014, 11:37 pm
@AlexTGS wrote:I feel it should be something pixelated since thats the only thing pretty much everybody on this website does is pixel shit
We can do pixel art or sprites after we have a character designed first.
Trust me it's much harder to come up with something good if you're doing it in sprites first.

WholenewWorld2000 wrote:It should be a male that has an apparel representing some of the popular sprite media of the site, like a shirt of sonic or a Megaman helmet, something like that.
Having sprite apparel is a good idea, I feel like we should probably try and steer clear of anything copyrighted though.
For originality's sake.
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13011
Registration date : 2010-04-29

3/27/2014, 11:48 pm
@Knux wrote:

LOL nice touch with the Smiley pencil...

If we could get rid of the Jacket maybe? the freckles Are awesome! Also the Hair is kinda girly. But All And All I like it, I like it Alot Can we get some one to Sprite him? Also Should his name be Sprita? If so then it should be A girl.

Spritas Mascot Untitl15
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/28/2014, 12:08 am
@Face wrote:
@Knux wrote:

LOL nice touch with the Smiley pencil...

If we could get rid of the Jacket maybe?  the freckles Are awesome! Also the Hair is kinda girly. But All And All I like it, I like it Alot Can we get some one to Sprite him? Also Should his name be Sprita? If so then it should be A girl.  
Well she is a girl LOL
Not your fault thought, not my best drawing of her. I think we can do better with the name though lol
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/28/2014, 1:45 am
Ok, I sketched a male and female version of the picture above (easily distinguishable this time)
Don't pay too much attention to the sloppy drawing or anatomy issues, just look at the characters for what they are.
Spritas Mascot 2kt6pNg
So we have a sassy female and a cocky male. I removed the jackets as face suggested also.
Should we continue with this or start over?
Also don't feel bad telling me you don't like a design. We won't get anywhere if people don't speak their mind.
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

3/28/2014, 6:03 am
In case you all forgot, me and Eric have already started a mascot design.

Spritas Mascot Fzero%20death%20race
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

3/28/2014, 8:39 am
@Knux wrote:Ok, I sketched a male and female version of the picture above (easily distinguishable this time)
Don't pay too much attention to the sloppy drawing or anatomy issues, just look at the characters for what they are.
So we have a sassy female and a cocky male. I removed the jackets as face suggested also.
Also don't feel bad telling me you don't like a design. We won't get anywhere if people don't speak their mind.
I like it, there give off A Megamab ZX vibe Spritas Mascot Vent_aile_6161
I Say give them A bit more detail, But I like the track you're on.

@Mr Lange wrote:In case you all forgot, me and Eric have already started a mascot design.
Psssh Man We've been waiting forever for you two with no REAL progress Knux is Actually DOING something. At least get with knux And work together,hell Show him your design or give him the specs of what you guys want,Maybe he can merge the ideas. We need results,this whole Wait And see bullshit you fools been doing just Aint gonna cut man.

Spritas Mascot Untitl15
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

3/28/2014, 9:57 am
@Face wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:In case you all forgot, me and Eric have already started a mascot design.
Psssh Man We've been waiting forever for you two with no REAL progress Knux is Actually DOING something. At least get with knux And work together,hell Show him your design or give him the specs of what you guys want,Maybe he can merge the ideas. We need results,this whole Wait And see bullshit you fools been doing just Aint gonna cut man.
Tell that to Eric, who I've needed around to finish the concept and he's been 95% absent. I'm not saying I'm against a community effort but don't just fly at it with total disregard of what we've done. This is Eric's site after all. Speaking of which, the tumblr tier character design won't fly. I guarantee you Eric will hate that shit. No offense to you Knux that ain't personal, you draw great, but you can bet that is the last thing Eric will want representing the site.

The idea we've come up with is a Spartan type of design, based on the pun "Spritan", because the name of this site was an accidental typo of "Sprita" which was supposed to be a pun of "Sparta". Coincidentally however, the word "spritan" can also mean "Spritas tan", as in a site mascot. Either way works, but I prefer to respect... uh... Spritas canon... yeah that is a thing.
The idea was that he has weapons and powers based on animation software. The exact nature of these hadn't been determined, but some ideas we had were using a keyframe as a shield and arrow cursor as a sword, being able to clone himself using movieclips, terraforming with transform tools, and some other stupid shit.

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

3/28/2014, 10:34 am
@Mr Lange wrote:

The idea we've come up with is a Spartan type of design, based on the pun "Spritan", because the name of this site was an accidental typo of "Sprita" which was supposed to be a pun of "Sparta". Coincidentally however, the word "spritan" can also mean "Spritas tan", as in a site mascot. Either way works, but I prefer to respect... uh... Spritas canon... yeah that is a thing.
The idea was that he has weapons and powers based on animation software. The exact nature of these hadn't been determined, but some ideas we had were using a keyframe as a shield and arrow cursor as a sword, being able to clone himself using movieclips, terraforming with transform tools, and some other stupid shit.

Well Shit man that sounds great, Drag Eric Ass back here we need to get this shit going, I get he got personal shit going on right now (He gonna pop his ass in here drop A vid Afew comments And ninja poof Away) GET YO ASS BACK HERE! This is his Baby,he need to take care of it!If not hell He needs to Appoint Someone in charge of this, get the community evolved like Knux here, We can Start dropping some Designs And he can pop in Every Week or so to give The Yah or Nah. We need to get this Shit Together *Barry White* "Got to get it together baby"  COME ON PEOPLE RAISE YOUR VOICES IN THIS BITCH! ARE WE GONNA DO THIS OR JUST TALK ABOUT DOING THIS?

Spritas Mascot Untitl15
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

3/28/2014, 10:40 am
Let's get Leo to draw it. His style would be perfect for this idea.
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

3/28/2014, 10:46 am
I don't understand three fourths of what you said Face but ok then.

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

3/28/2014, 11:16 am
WholenewWorld2000 wrote:Let's get Leo to draw it. His style would be perfect for this idea.

Whoa whoa What is Knux, Chop liver? He has the drive here,give him A chance.

Spritas Mascot Untitl15
AlexTGS
AlexTGS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05

3/28/2014, 11:39 am
@Knux wrote:Ok, I sketched a male and female version of the picture above (easily distinguishable this time)
Spritas Mascot 2kt6pNg

I like it personally the girl design not so much the male lol
She need a bigger booty though.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4283
Registration date : 2008-10-20

3/28/2014, 1:05 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:
Tell that to Eric, who I've needed around to finish the concept and he's been 95% absent. I'm not saying I'm against a community effort but don't just fly at it with total disregard of what we've done. This is Eric's site after all. Speaking of which, the tumblr tier character design won't fly. I guarantee you Eric will hate that shit. No offense to you Knux that ain't personal, you draw great, but you can bet that is the last thing Eric will want representing the site.
Yea, sorry Knux but Lange was spot on about that. I'd prefer 0% cute uguu weaboo animumu influence. And like Lange said this isn't an insult to you or your art, just the style. But I do like how you've incorporated the happy pencil.

@Face wrote:

Well Shit man that sounds great, Drag Eric Ass back here we need to get this shit going, I get he got personal shit going on right now (He gonna pop his ass in here drop A vid Afew comments And ninja poof Away) GET YO ASS BACK HERE! This is his Baby,he need to take care of it!If not hell He needs to Appoint Someone in charge of this, get the community evolved like Knux here, We can Start dropping some Designs And he can pop in Every Week or so to give The Yah or Nah. We need to get this Shit Together *Barry White* "Got to get it together baby"  COME ON PEOPLE RAISE YOUR VOICES IN THIS BITCH! ARE WE GONNA DO THIS OR JUST TALK ABOUT DOING THIS?
Yea I know I've been absent. I've also had bursts where I'm very active. Those moments where I'm suddenly very active is when I don't have a million pieces of bullshit to deal with it. I did want to create a rough drawing for you guys to use as a start. But I guess you guys took initiative, something I like to see.
So yea, I basically want these key elements.
Based on a spartan because of the whole joke behind spritas, uses animation elements for his arsenal/powers and stuff.
You guys can get to drawing and we'll give as much feed back as possible to try to get this to be an iconic mascot.

Watch your ass.
Spritas Mascot Banned1a7c7e438gif
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/28/2014, 4:27 pm
k.
Lock the topic.
And demote me, I don't want to work for either of you.
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator

3/28/2014, 4:47 pm
You can be demoted if you really want to but I see no reason to lock the topic.

Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan

3/28/2014, 4:51 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:You can be demoted if you really want to but I see no reason to lock the topic.
You two obviously have everything under control.
I see no reason to keep it open.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum