Eric
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Eric Animates DeathBattles Empty Eric Animates DeathBattles

3/22/2014, 2:41 pm
Well, here's my Death Battle debut.
I did the animation and effects, Ben did the audio. I'll explain why below.
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/luigi-vs-tails-death-battle

Well, I must say. This was not at all how I wanted it to be. Ben did not email me about the episode for a bit, when he finally did it was during a horrible time. Finals week of my first semester in College, then Holidays, and then school started again with a MUCH more brutal schedule that I did not anticipate at all. Basically I ended up biting more than I could chew, and most of the DeathBattle was made during weekend late nights, trying to desperately catch up lost time before having to go to school again, WHILE also trying to keep up with school. Considering all the classes I was taking were art related, they also had deadlines and projects that kept me up at night working on them with time I should have spent on the Death Battle. I'm personally not really happy with the result, what i liked most about it is the background and the blender animation itself.

Ben did the audio because among the things that delayed the episode were computer crashes, one of which made me lose 2 days of progress. I could've have spent it polishing the video, fixing up those bad effects and finishing the sounds but I failed to do so on time. Ben had to do a rush job himself and uploaded the video anyway. So there you go guys.

I seriously need to sleep.

Last edited by Eric on 3/22/2014, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch your ass.
Eric Animates DeathBattles Banned1a7c7e438gif
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Eric Animates DeathBattles Empty Re: Eric Animates DeathBattles

3/22/2014, 3:25 pm
All in all I think it was really good.
You made good use of the 3 dimensional space you were working in and the impacts felt real.
The camera got a bit wild and over dramatic at some points, and there were a few sections that felt a bit stally.
But my only real complaint is that some of the effects covered up most of the action. As you said though, all of this would have been remedied with more time to work on it.
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

3/22/2014, 3:35 pm
Considering your tight time schedule, I think that was absolutely superb! Like knux said, your use of 3D space was outstanding. I completely forgot that I was watching 2D sprites. I think one of the best examples of this is when Luigi uses his vacuum to collect all of Tails' bombs. That was really well done in terms of 3D space and camera control. Honestly there isn't much that see wrong with this animation.

also
Spoiler:
FUCK YEAH TAILS TOTALLY KICKED HIS ASS! TAILS DEFINITELY DESERVED THAT WIN
SᗡN
SᗡN
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2011-07-19

3/22/2014, 3:55 pm
Nah, Luigi was dumbed down. He's far more capable than what was shown.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Eric Animates DeathBattles Tumblr_n56t8i_Q2_Ct1qbwudjo1_500
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

3/22/2014, 4:23 pm
@Knux wrote:All in all I think it was really good.
You made good use of the 3 dimensional space you were working in and the impacts felt real.
The camera got a bit wild and over dramatic at some points, and there were a few sections that felt a bit stally.
But my only real complaint is that some of the effects covered up most of the action. As you said though, all of this would have been remedied with more time to work on it.
I animated it based on Ben's script. With so little time I didn't have much room to make every part interesting, I had to nail his specifications. This is if you were talking about the pacing being "stally", unless you meant the fight scenes themselves felt stally?

Watch your ass.
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17

3/22/2014, 4:33 pm
@Eric wrote:
@Knux wrote:All in all I think it was really good.
I animated it based on Ben's script. With so little time I didn't have much room to make every part interesting, I had to nail his specifications. This is if you were talking about the pacing being "stally", unless you meant the fight scenes themselves felt stally?
I meant the actual pacing itself. Most of that was when they were in the air though.
AlexTGS
AlexTGS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05

3/22/2014, 4:38 pm
They gave you a bad script lol to top it off I don't think many people wanted to see a fight between luigi and tails. Nice anim though.
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

3/22/2014, 5:31 pm
@AlexTGS wrote:They gave you a bad script lol to top it off I don't think many people wanted to see a fight between luigi and tails. Nice anim though.
Yea a lot of people aren't happy about this episode being Luigi vs Tails. It wasn't very requested, at least I don't think.

Watch your ass.
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

3/22/2014, 6:48 pm
Seriously? I thought this would be really requested considering it's luigi and tails.

Eric Animates DeathBattles Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

3/22/2014, 7:40 pm
Luigi vs Tails was highly requested. The issue is probably the limitations imposed on the fight concerning powerups/arsenal, and I agree Luigi's capabilities were quite undervalued, regardless if that would've changed the outcome.

Eric Animates DeathBattles Fzero%20death%20race
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05

3/23/2014, 12:50 am
Couldn't Luigi just shock Tails out of the sky? (and Luigi's mega uppercut didn't seem to phase Tails at all) Meh, I just cringe at the end of these fights with the "theories" of the causing succession said by those two. It could go both ways. But at least the animation was nice (even though some parts had slow startups, but I guess you were stripped of time to fix them). I especially loved the upward shot of Tails from Luigi's point of view.

Eric Animates DeathBattles Dancing-happy-yoshi Eric Animates DeathBattles 259ab217
AlexTGS
AlexTGS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05

3/23/2014, 1:00 am
The thing I just don't like about death battles if why they have to use ALL the weapons they have. If they gave damage with something wouldn't you keep doing it? Don't just say fuck it after they slap the weapon out of your hand. And technically I don't remember tails ever surviving a strike of lightning so wouldn't it be instant death when luigi used it?
Eric
Eric
Administrator
Administrator

3/23/2014, 1:15 am
The animations are not accurate representations of the fight at all, they're literally just for entertainment. The only thing that matters is the stats of the character, the animation is just there as a fun fight to build up to who they announce the winner is. So don't look at the animation and think this is how they concluded the fight to happen.

Watch your ass.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum