Jontiways
Jontiways
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-30

3D objects with sprites Empty 3D objects with sprites

1/27/2014, 5:22 pm
So after a month or so of on and off work, I have created this piece.

I have seen a small number of animations that have been implementing 3D, but none of the ones I have seen so far have used proper 3D objects. So I thought to give it a go and see what I made. I currently have another idea that I will be doing soon which will be entirely in Maya. Also Iv noticed that those who have used 3D have only used blender too.

These were created with Maya, After effects and a plugin known as element 3D. Due to it being in after effects, you can see that a number of parts of the tracking are off. I believe this a problem with after effects and how the 3D works inside of that.

Enjoy.

-Jonti

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Jontiways. I am my own creation.
BDB
BDB
Number of posts : 3517
Registration date : 2008-11-04

3D objects with sprites Empty Re: 3D objects with sprites

1/27/2014, 8:36 pm
Awesome! I didn't get lost which is pretty common in 3D stuff, so good job with that. I guess there were some issues with keeping characters consistent with the ground because it looked a bit weird at some parts, but for the most part, everything was kept in tact. The only thing I could really point out is the pacing, especially near the end when he's running across the hall to do something, it took a while for him to just get there which is kinda boring to show. Awesome work overall and keep doing stuff! Very Happy

I've been meaning to do stuff with sprites and 3D environments if I ever got back into spriting, so thanks for the inspiration!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

1/28/2014, 1:44 am
I didn't realize you had such skill 0:

3D objects with sprites Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Jontiways
Jontiways
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-30

1/28/2014, 4:15 am
@Ping wrote:I didn't realize you had such skill 0:

I'v been using Maya for quite a while now. I just wanted to see if it was possible to combine the two together through using after effects, which in this case has sorta worked. I have a plan I want to try at some point but that will have to wait for the time being.

Jontiways. I am my own creation.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum