Go down
twinsplaywarrior
twinsplaywarrior
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2013-09-03

The Home Run Collab (my entry) Empty The Home Run Collab (my entry)

1/27/2014, 12:39 am

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Home Run Collab (my entry) <a href=The Home Run Collab (my entry) Untitl10" />
Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-11-03
https://twitter.com/tjcallwoodhttps://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood

The Home Run Collab (my entry) Empty Re: The Home Run Collab (my entry)

1/27/2014, 1:16 am
Only 13 seconds, short collab entry there.

Anyway background is set up nicely your sprites look good, no jpegyness the overall flow of the animation is nice. It isn't choppy and the Kirby moves naturally. The animation itself just felt...lacking. Maybe it was due to no music or maybe it was because there was no voice effects for the character being used. It was also kind of stale, as a home run themed collab I expected some sort of.....well homerun. All kirby did was toss it around with his feet and a sword (points for using the Master Sword though Very Happy) and even when it reached its end there was no strong impact. No strong fx hit sound or even a homerun sound for that matter. The sandbag in the end didn't seem like a sandbag at all just air :/. Camera was center angled the whole time despite some shakes here and there but that also made the animation seem overall stiff. You did good but it could've been so much better.

Few things that I think could spice up the animation.
-Add a total ft. count, after the kirby knocks the sandbag away do a high speed type scene showing just how far it goes.
-More dynamic camera angles, don't be afraid to make use of some zooms and stuff.
-Home Run sound, it just feels more natural to have one as a end result. Otherwise all this feels like is a sandbag beat em' up rather than a Home Run.
-Some type of hit effects, I noticed that you used none here. Nothing too big or flashy but maybe some dusty type effects would've been great to show just how hard he was actually knocking this sandbag around.
-Lastly and I may just be nitpicking here but it really bothered me after the fact that you even used swords. Sword+sandbag does not = knockback, that thing should've been sliced in half or something :/ use a bat!.

I hope I wasn't TOO critical but recently there has been a lot of debating around here whether or not this place truly offers criticism so there it is. Take nothing said here personal, I am not out to insult anyone's animation or belittle what they felt was right. I simply critique from a fellow Animator's standpoint.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Home Run Collab (my entry) Tumblr_mcsjijhAEW1qzd219o1_500
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

1/28/2014, 1:50 am
SimiLuo wrapped it up, but here's my input;
Sound usage was applied decently, but could have been more organized. Not much of a visual appeal here.
Good animation. I liked it.

The Home Run Collab (my entry) Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

1/28/2014, 2:45 pm
The Animation was All Smooth and whatnot,It was short but It severs its purpose...But that Char Hair! I just can not get past that. Man if you don't take A weekend And Work on that hair...

The Home Run Collab (my entry) Untitl15
Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan

1/28/2014, 7:55 pm
I agree, it definitely needs some touching up or a complete redo.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

1/29/2014, 2:17 pm
@Similuo wrote:I agree, it definitely needs some touching up or a complete redo.
Doesn't it seem like the actual sprites animators use nowadays are just downgraded with quality? Like, what they do with them?

The Home Run Collab (my entry) Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan

1/29/2014, 4:54 pm
@Ping wrote:
@Similuo wrote:I agree, it definitely needs some touching up or a complete redo.
Doesn't it seem like the actual sprites animators use nowadays are just downgraded with quality? Like, what they do with them?

I think its more that everyone is obsessed with fan characters and using original material that they're not realizing that the "original" material is just overall....for lack of better words bad.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum