Go down
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2013-04-07

Do you even review animations?  Empty Do you even review animations?

1/24/2014, 2:12 pm
Hello..  Sad 

So recently I have posted my animations here and on Youtube. The way it looked like (and it often happens) wa that nobody gives a FUCK about my work. And when I need a review from Youtube and MOSTLY HERE, nobody even tells me about it at all (only 1 if i'm lucky).
I looked around in others animation and I saw only the people who stayed here for a long time such as SRX, Face and them get all the reviews (good one and bad one) and I don't like the way it looks, it's not fair to the other animators such as me and other new animators.

Here is what I want (Mostly of people who knows animation better that other newbies like me):

1. For starters, GIVE FUCKING REVIEW and tell them what they did good and wrong. Tell them what they should do to make it better. And tell them that they are GREAT so they have the motivation to make another video.

2. Respect each other, this site is somehow little too aggressive. I mean it's ok to aggressive in other threads but NOT in the "Complete Animation" and in "WIP Animation"

3. Help some new newbie when he/she want to become an animation, don't just tell them to watch a tutorial or something like that.

And finally if you think this thread is bad then i'm sorry because THIS IS TRUE!
Me for example I liked this site before because i had people who wanted to help me out, but now nobody wants to help anyone and are ignoring the site anyway. I think now it is the time we make a change!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Do you even review animations?  Empty Re: Do you even review animations?

1/24/2014, 2:23 pm
This is actually pretty depressing. I'm partially to blame too (since i rarely go to the anim. sections) but when i did i seen this happen sometimes. This really should change and its great that you brought it up like this (and super bluntly in true spritas assholery).

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you even review animations?  Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2014, 2:28 pm
I know, And that is why I want to make this to a better site :)

Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

1/24/2014, 9:43 pm
@Amin196 wrote:Hello..  Sad
Hi.

@Amin196 wrote:So recently I have posted my animations here and on Youtube. The way it looked like (and it often happens) wa that nobody gives a FUCK about my work. And when I need a review from Youtube and MOSTLY HERE, nobody even tells me about it at all (only 1 if i'm lucky).
I looked around in others animation and I saw only the people who stayed here for a long time such as SRX, Face and them get all the reviews (good one and bad one) and I don't like the way it looks, it's not fair to the other animators such as me and other new animators.
Nobody is going to give a fuck about your work if you're new and what you've made is not outstanding, not sure what you expected. So far I've seen no particular bias in who gets more reviews, other than longer and more substantial animations having more to give feedback on.

@Amin196 wrote:Here is what I want (Mostly of people who knows animation better that other newbies like me):
Hm ok what's that.

@Amin196 wrote:1. For starters, GIVE FUCKING REVIEW and tell them what they did good and wrong. Tell them what they should do to make it better.
Ok, we do give fucking reviews, and we do tell them what they should do to make it better.

@Amin196 wrote:And tell them that they are GREAT so they have the motivation to make another video.
No. We will tell them they are great when they are great. Your motivation is to earn that title. Telling you you're great when you're not is not only false criticism, it is not a motivator. We give reviews here.

@Amin196 wrote:2. Respect each other, this site is somehow little too aggressive. I mean it's ok to aggressive in other threads but NOT in the "Complete Animation" and in "WIP Animation"

This stems from my philosophy of work ethic and criticism. Even so, the forum's reviews are not often all that aggressive, but for that which is, belongs. We are aggressive about our work and the criticism of others' work because we are passionate and strive for great results. We create a competitive environment that fosters quality work, achievement that has real value, and strong bonds. If you don't like it, perhaps you're better off here:
Spoiler:
Do you even review animations?  31qzkq10

@Amin196 wrote:3. Help some new newbie when he/she want to become an animation, don't just tell them to watch a tutorial or something like that.
We do help (although I'm afraid we can't help anyone "become an animation" so I'm sorry to disappoint you there). And if your problem has a complex answer that's already well covered by a tutorial, we will most certainly link you to a tutorial. Repeating that information is redundant when it's already been said with better presentation, as in with pictures or video. In that case, it's up to you, the help is already there.

@Amin196 wrote:And finally if you think this thread is bad then i'm sorry because THIS IS TRUE!
Me for example I liked this site before because i had people who wanted to help me out, but now nobody wants to help anyone and are ignoring the site anyway. I think now it is the time we make a change!
I think this is a problem you're having as an individual and dramatizing it as everyone's problem. So far I've seen very helpful response in the animation forums even when the site isn't very active. Right now we're in a strange time because we're making preparations to move to a new site, which will see more activity, but otherwise things are decent here.

Last edited by Mr Lange on 1/24/2014, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Do you even review animations?  Fzero%20death%20race
Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-11-03
https://twitter.com/tjcallwoodhttps://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood

1/24/2014, 9:57 pm
I believe for those that actually DO review and offer up criticism here do a good job at it. Most people upload animations like 5 seconds long and expect a whole article review upon it, like no. I respect you for making a post about this but like its said above if you're work isn't something pretty good and you're new then the harsh reality is people just won't care. I think a lot of these guys have seen animators come and go and just don't think it worth it anymore to spend time on critiquing an animation. Just my view on it I guess.

Do you even review animations?  Tumblr_mcsjijhAEW1qzd219o1_500
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

1/25/2014, 1:53 am
Pretty much what lange says. I try my best to look at animations and give a thoughtful review. I'm trying to be less of an ass when I give the reviews but how you take criticism depends totally on you.

If you can't handle criticism then it's best you stop being an animator. Because if you're taking what we say personally, you're pretty much screwed.

Do you even review animations?  Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

1/25/2014, 6:02 am
yeah uh
the problem is that a lot of times, people post up 5 seconds long anims and expect 10 paragraphs of criticism. that's not possible.

on the whole "tell people they r awesome", yeahhh that's not really going to help, at least in my case it never did.
you see, if you just wait for motivation/inspiration to come so you can work on something, you'll never work on anything. i mean, people think i can do things rather well, and say things like "oh you're great" (i dont want to brag, btw. just giving an example here). but that never helps me because i don't feel like animating, even after hearing that. i have to go and really make an effort to just work, no amount of inspiration/compliments get me going. you just start working and shut up. if you don't feel like working, sure, don't do anything. no one is forcing you.
just saying that, if you're waiting for people to tell you you're great or waiting for that moment where you're really inspired, maybe it will work in the first 4 times. but that's it. eventually, nothing will make you want to animate, except yourself. the solution? just go do stuff. shut up, stop making excuses, just go do your stuff and don't work for compliments or else you're going to get sad because - especially if you're starting out - you'll never get any. at least not if your work isn't great.

so yeah.

i didn't get a lot of reviews either when i used to animate more.
well, actually, i never would post much, so it's not really their fault. thing is, you have to become good at self-critique as well. try to notice flaws on your own, as you animate, and after you finish an animation.
look at other people's work and pay attention. look at what they are doing, compare with what you are doing, and see where your work is lacking (just don't get caught up in being better than those people, that will fuck you up). then combat those problems on your own. at least this seems to have helped me a lot. don't depend on other people to always tell you where your work is flawed. if you wanna become good, you need to notice your own flaws. not always you can do that, that's why you post here or anywhere else. for additional feedback.
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/25/2014, 7:59 am
Ok, I see what your trying to say. Maybe I was wrong about myself as an animator and this site.

I see now why this site is aggressive. I will continue on what I'm doing and maybe one day my animations will be more splendid than ever.

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13141
Registration date : 2009-03-28

1/25/2014, 11:50 pm
I try my hardest to give reviews out to any animation that is posted, if I did not review, it is because it is literally not worth reviewing. Meaning, it was too short to say anything about, or it was so plain and there was literally nothing too interesting or nothing too horrifying I could comment on. It's either those, or I haven't even seen it yet. I'm sure the rest of the people here would agree.

Do you even review animations?  Purple11

[The Return]
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

1/26/2014, 11:16 am
no

Do you even review animations?  Lorde
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2014, 2:25 pm
So what do you think think Sieghart?

Last edited by Amin196 on 1/26/2014, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Leo
Leo

1/26/2014, 2:48 pm
joey doesn't really animate or post more indepth feedback about animation these days so i doubt he cares about any of this
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

1/26/2014, 2:49 pm
@Amin196 wrote:So what do you think think "Sieghart"?
sieghart wrote:no

Do you even review animations?  Fzero%20death%20race
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2014, 3:04 pm
Who is this joey anyway?
If this "Joey" was supposed to give feedback to the animations, why dont we replace him with someone else who is as good or better than him?

Leo
Leo

1/26/2014, 3:09 pm
@Amin196 wrote:Who is this joey anyway?
sieghart
@Amin196 wrote:If this "Joey" was supposed to give feedback to the animations, why dont we replace him with someone else who is as good or better than him?
no, he's not supposed to give feedback but oh my god LMAO
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2014, 3:14 pm
oh shit!

Sorry Sieghart, if you see this I didn't mean to offend you and i didn't know you real name was joey. Sad

Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2014, 3:17 pm
Anyway, all of you guys....I see you are an important part of this site. I say it's both good and bad. The good thing is that when people wants to be an animator you know how to do that job. But the bad thing is that your not the best reviewers.

Are you guys tryin to make a better site or is it supposed to be like it is?

SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

1/26/2014, 3:24 pm
@Amin196 wrote:your not the best reviewers.

No, we're not the best but we do what we can. What we don't like is when we give criticism and someone tells us

"yeah I noticed that, i'mma fix it later" or "lol my animation style srry." "no no see... *Proceeds to explain*"

If you want criticism then listen to what we tell you and take it into account. Either that or give a reasonable explanation of what you're trying to do so we can help. Don't throw what we say in our face and tell us some bullshit excuse. Don't come here show off an animation and point out an error that you can easily fix yourself but don't because you're lazy.

Do you even review animations?  Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2014, 3:30 pm
If you want criticism then listen to what we tell you and take it into account. Either that or give a reasonable explanation of what you're trying to do so we can help. Don't throw what we say in our face and tell us some bullshit excuse. Don't come here show off an animation and point out an error that you can easily fix yourself but don't because you're lazy.[/quote]

Yes and I totally agree with you. But it's just that when your giving a review, you can't say things like "U suck", "That's was too lazy and shitty" etc. You could say little more like "You need to work more on that part" or "you could make the animation better by doing that and that" etc. That's what kind of review i'm looking for and probably the rest of animator aswell. At least that's what I think anyway

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

1/26/2014, 3:32 pm
i've never seen anyone of us blatantly insult in areview like that O_o

Do you even review animations?  Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/26/2014, 3:35 pm
Well that's what I see in reviews because this site is aggressive. But hey, you said this site is supposed to be aggressive. Right?  ORlly? 

Last edited by Amin196 on 1/26/2014, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Leo
Leo

1/26/2014, 3:35 pm
@SXR: i don't know, in the first reply you mentioned at least they were acknowledging the problem and said they would fix it later. it would be bad if they completely ignored it as they posted updates LOL

@Amin: i'm p sure no one said "U SUCK LOL" though????? at least i haven't heard that. if you do though, feel free to ignore those. my criteria is, if the post contains just insults without any kind of legitmate criticism, just ignore it. don't pay attention to it
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

1/26/2014, 4:54 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:
@Amin196 wrote:So what do you think think "Sieghart"?
sieghart wrote:no
qft

Do you even review animations?  Lorde
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/27/2014, 12:43 pm
@Amin196 wrote:

Sorry Sieghart, if you see this I didn't mean to offend you and i didn't know you real name was joey. Sad

I DID say sorry, Sieghart!  Sad 

Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-11-03
https://twitter.com/tjcallwoodhttps://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood

1/27/2014, 12:47 pm
No forgiveness was given that day.

Do you even review animations?  Tumblr_mcsjijhAEW1qzd219o1_500
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum