Amin196
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2013-04-07

Character introduction video Empty Character introduction video

1/20/2014, 3:45 pm
Hello people!

I maded a video that I should have done long time ago. An introduction video for my fan character. As usual you can watch it here.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gon_9HaTAIQ

Tell me what you think of the video GOOD and BAD sides:

Graphic
Sound
Animation
Idéa

Thank you very much for answering!

PS: if you are nice, Why don't you like and subscribe to my channel?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Character introduction video Empty Re: Character introduction video

1/20/2014, 4:14 pm
A koopa turtle char....ok cool. well just by looking At this I can tell that you are very new to Animating,That's fine We were All new At one point,Also by Watching this I can tell That you Had fun making this.

First The Animation:
It was Slow What frame rate Are you using? Faster does not Automatically mean better,but it would help With certain scenes.

The char:
As A char he's fine, I'd work more on his Abilities,polish em up A bit. Like those grey pixels Around him,I know there Are About of the original Sprite but When hes Standing in front of the black bg.....it makes him look off..Like he was done lazily. other then that Everything comes with Experience,I suggest you Animate Often edit often constantly work on this char As your skills grow And mature so will your char design.

Hope this helped At all. Good luck. And I will Like And subscribe.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Character introduction video Untitl15
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/20/2014, 4:45 pm
Thank you for your review and yeah...im kind of new at flash.
my frame rate were 27 actually. but when i was working on it, i had some problems with the background,ground and the camera movement.

any tips on animating background,ground and the camera movement maybe?
(not tutorials because i already know those things)

Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/22/2014, 3:09 pm
Anyone else?

I would like for more review here!

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

1/24/2014, 4:37 pm
well I noticed that when he was spinning accross the road he suddenly stopped in place but was still moving, wich looks really unrealistic. I know this is a turtle in space so realism doesn't apply but there should be some sense of physics.
his decrease in speed should line up with when his spinning slows.

when he fights the red koopa he does the same punch motion over and over again. that tends to get repetetive and tiring to watch. try mixing it up with other moves.

additionally during the red's tired animation the frames were misaligned. making it feel choppy.

the ending was also anti-climatic as, it looked liked red was about to do something serious just to die, this would be overlooked, if not for the fact that he was hard to hit earlier.

also, for a guy who's specialty is long range, he used quite alot of short.

everything else seemed good though, and i'm interested in how you improve.

Character introduction video Ichigo10
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2014, 4:45 pm
Thank you for the review! Very Happy

This is the kind of review that I wanted. And that's what thespritas really needs.

Also I had a little problem with the spinning forward part. It was hard for me to control the vcam and background at the same time.

Any tips on that?

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

1/24/2014, 5:10 pm
well you can do one of 4 things

1:keep the camera still and just move a looping bg to make it look like the character is moveing.

2: copy paste the bg and simply move the character and camera

3:same as 2 but add in the paralax code.

4:just move everything untill it looks good.

Character introduction video Ichigo10
Amin196
Spritan
Spritan

1/24/2014, 5:14 pm
Thank you. Those were a fine ssolutions

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum