Go down
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Empty Re: Favorite Legend of Zelda Game?

on 12/23/2013, 1:53 pm
I'm pretty sure Kafei is Termina Link

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 UZ3PNb5
Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2013-11-03
https://twitter.com/tjcallwoodhttps://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Empty Re: Favorite Legend of Zelda Game?

on 12/23/2013, 2:01 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote:I'm pretty sure Kafei is Termina Link

How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Tumblr_mcsjijhAEW1qzd219o1_500
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/23/2013, 2:22 pm
It's either Kafei or nobody, because Kafei is literally the only person who actually makes sense.

Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/24/2013, 9:42 am
For those of you who are interested here is the Official LoZ timeline:

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Timeline

This was released some time ago and I know most of you aren't die hard LoZ fans such as I but yea if you didn't buy the Historia then definitely get it if you become interested.

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/24/2013, 10:58 am
Food for thought; since Majora's Mask took place in the child timeline, Termina was destroyed by the moon in the other two timelines.

Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/24/2013, 12:08 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote:Food for thought; since Majora's Mask took place in the child timeline, Termina was destroyed by the moon in the other two timelines.

Ya know your stuff  Laughing , no Link to stop the moon from crashing so yea.

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 12/27/2013, 1:10 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote:IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK LIKE THAT FOR FUCK'S SAKE

yes

ɹǝɐןןıʌ wrote:Mario, Pokémon

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 This_784d9d_512670

@BDB wrote:Wind Wajer

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 27727810

@BlitznBurst wrote:It's either Kafei or nobody, because Kafei is literally the only person who actually makes sense.

no, that makes no sense at all. besides the termina version of every character actually looks the same. additionally only hyrule link gets reincarnated.(as for whats up with lorule link....well it has an alt ganon...so it possibly had similar events that lead to constant reincarnation before they lost their triforce) if termina were to have one, it would have to be back during its origins when skyward took place.

now that i think about it though, according to the stories about termina your told. skull kid has been around for a VERY long time. he clearly doesn't age either; if you go into the lost woods as adult link you can see skull kid there too and its supposed to be that skull kid you see in MM. thats proof enough he can't age

in OoT its stated that when a child gets lost in the woods it becomes a skullkid. if terminas origins were to coincide with hyrules, it may actually be possible that skull kid is the termina counterpart of skyward young link, who got lost in the woods before meeting and befriending the giants. who eventually gets kicked out of termina and goes to the lost woods where link taches him sarias song

@BlitznBurst wrote:Majora's Mask took place in the child timeline, Termina was destroyed by the moon in the other two timelines.

I wonder about that actually. the skull kid in mm is the same one in OoT, however if you go to lost woods  as adult link the skull kid is still there yet doesn't have majoras mask. i know mm technically was non existant at the time, but as far as the timeline goes he should have it....then again this is a game where link played the song of storms before the player actually learned it so....maybe he can save alt worlds before he goes on a journey too lol.

"Ocarina of Time Paradoxes"
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/27/2013, 2:31 pm
There were multiple characters in Majora's Mask who didn't look exactly like their Hyrule counterparts, and multiple characters who had the same name and appearance but behaved nothing like their counterparts, or whose personalities had been exaggerated or inverted. Kafei's model is clearly based off of Link's model with a dye job. His animations and personality are almost exactly like Link's (Or how Link would act if he could actually talk). His getting trapped in the body of a young child is a parallel to Link being a child in an adult's body in Ocarina of Time, as well as being trapped in the body of a Deku Scrub at the start of the game. He's the only character in the history of the franchise besides Link to actually be playable. He's one of the most important and memorable characters in the entire game.

There are no parallels at all between Link and the Skull Kid, or Link and the Happy Mask Salesman. We don't even know if those two are from Termina in the first place. Tingle did start out as the most plausible choice, but Wind Waker kind of threw that idea out of the window. Assuming Link does have a Termina counterpart, it's either Kafei, or that random Goron whose name happens to be Link...

Um...

Also, there are clearly multiple Skull Kids in Ocarina of Time. The Skull Kid you fight in the Lost Woods is probably just some random Skull Kid.

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 12/27/2013, 5:04 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote:There were multiple characters in Majora's Mask who didn't look exactly like their Hyrule counterparts.

Spoiler:
 Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 200px-Lulu Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 200px-Rutoadult
...a shirt...how...........different...
Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 N64_chara_remake_malon_romani_by_rutogirl-d3df8z6 
a bow makes all the difference
Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Tumblr_m2rd2ttqbb1rqcl0vo1_500Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Festival_Tower
.....i can't tell

@BlitznBurst wrote:multiple characters who had the same name

who????

@BlitznBurst wrote: Kafei's model is NOT based off of Link's model with a dye job.

fixed

@BlitznBurst wrote: His animations are almost exactly like Link's

volvagias animations were copy pasted off an arwing....does that make him fox mccloud?

@BlitznBurst wrote: (Or how Link would act if he could actually talk)

you mean like how zelda told link about her premonition and link could respond with "I don't believe you" or "I believe you"....cause thats him talking....why does everyone forget about the occasional text box choices and say he can't talk.

@BlitznBurst wrote: He's the only character in the history of the franchise besides Link to actually be playable.

no he's not, in a japan only game taking place six years after alttp the players could pick either a boy or a girl, and although they bare a resemblence were not link at all.

@BlitznBurst wrote: He's one of the most important and memorable characters in the entire game.

considering you can beat the game without doing any of his sidequest and he'll still get married....he's not important at all

@BlitznBurst wrote:There are no parallels at all between Link and the Skull Kid.
you mean aside from the flute and the fairies and no family?

@BlitznBurst wrote:or Link and the Happy Mask Salesman.
????why should there be?

@BlitznBurst wrote:Tingle did start out as the most plausible choice.
????what did you smoke....and where can i get it?

@BlitznBurst wrote:that random Goron whose name happens to be Link....

thats like saying the pig in WW and the kid goron in OoT are link counterparts because they share his name

@BlitznBurst wrote:Also, there are clearly multiple Skull Kids in Ocarina of Time. The Skull Kid you fight in the Lost Woods is probably just some random Skull Kid.

except theres only 1 skull kid you play sarias song to plus its the only one you can give the skull mask to, and since it has the same mask 7 years later, its safe to say its not some other skull kid. you can't play the song for the other 2 because they always teach link random songs. besides skull kid says "you have the same scent as the fairy kid who taought me that song in the woods" theres litterally no one else in mm who could fit that description.

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Ichigo10
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/27/2013, 5:22 pm
The Skull Mask was an oversight because all the Skull Kids shared the same model. It happens to all the Skull Kids in the Lost Woods even though they're clearly different Skull Kids.

Unless you're talking about the 3DS remake where I'm pretty sure they fixed this. In which case yeah, wtf Nintendo

thats like saying the pig in WW and the kid goron in OoT are link counterparts because they share his name
Except those characters aren't from an alternate dimension where there are multiple counterparts to Hyrulian characters? And actually have a reason for being named after the main character, as opposed to said alternate dimension where nobody has heard of him and so the character would have no reason to be named after him? Seriously, how do you miss all of these blatant strawmen you are constantly making?

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/27/2013, 6:02 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote:the character would have no reason to be named after him.

have you never heard of the phrase "common name"? it shouldn't be to hard to grasp that concept.

whats that? "the player has only seen one person with links name, how is that common?"

I've only met 1 person with my name, doesn't mean there aren't 27,800,000 results online.

Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/28/2013, 5:19 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote: His getting trapped in the body of a young child is a parallel to Link being a child in an adult's body in Ocarina of Time, as well as being trapped in the body of a Deku Scrub at the start of the game. He's the only character in the history of the franchise besides Link to actually be playable. He's one of the most important and memorable characters in the entire game.

Link isn't a child in an adult's body, in OoT he travels through time, he IS an adult. Kafei would also definitely not be the most important character in MM nor is he the most memorable. Just because he also has the same model and animations as Link does not mean that he is termina Link in any way. He IS the only other playable character so the developers could have easily just used the same model for sake of convenience OR it was just completely unintended. Kafei is just about as important and memorable as tingle or hell even the postman. There is nothing uniquely special about him besides the fact that you play as him.

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/28/2013, 7:05 pm
physically he's an adult but mentally he's still the same as when he lifted the sword.
the light sage states that links soul was frozen untill his body was of age to be the hero.

as such he never got the experiences people go through while they age(even if he was the only 12 year old to fight dondongos in a cave)

unless your going with terminas "if you have a sword your an adult" logic. then adult link is still young at heart and mind.

Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

on 12/28/2013, 10:33 pm
@5h0ck wrote:
@BlitznBurst wrote: His animations are almost exactly like Link's

volvagias animations were copy pasted off an arwing....does that make him fox mccloud?
Now that's a stupid argument. It's entirely different reusing assets to save time, and deliberately recreating animations for an artistic reason.

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Fzero%20death%20race
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/28/2013, 11:33 pm
opening a door and stepping on a switch is an artistic reason?

if any of the 2 cases was for visuals it was volvagias

SᗡN
SᗡN
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2011-07-19

on 12/31/2013, 4:19 pm
JUST beat Link between worlds. Shit was fun as hell, my favorite dungeon gotta be the ice ruin one, that boss was ill and the dungeon itself was interesting. The story was cool, and dont even get me started on the soundtrack, game's exquisite.
9/10

cant choose between wind waker or link b. worlds so they'll both be claiming the same spot. Next is skyward sword.

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Tumblr_n56t8i_Q2_Ct1qbwudjo1_500
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/12/2014, 5:48 pm
Playing Wind Waker HD

Jesus I forgot how much I hate the fucking Wind Temple

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13141
Registration date : 2009-03-28

on 1/12/2014, 7:33 pm
Wind Waker HD looks so beautiful...buy me a Wii U...and a 3DS and I'll love you forever.

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Purple11

[The Return]
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/12/2014, 9:13 pm
There's something about puzzles like in Zelda that are extremely hard and impossible to figure out, then once you do its the simplest thing ever and you feel so stupid

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 1/12/2014, 9:46 pm
@Patt wrote:Wind Waker HD looks so beautiful...buy me a Wii U...and a 3DS and I'll love you forever.

I'll send them to you, when I get them both for no value, a.k.a., for free.

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/12/2014, 9:48 pm
Bull

[The Return]
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 1/12/2014, 9:52 pm
True <3

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/12/2014, 11:25 pm
do it no balls

[The Return]
Similuo
Similuo
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/13/2014, 6:35 am
@Granadico wrote:There's something about puzzles like in Zelda that are extremely hard and impossible to figure out, then once you do its the simplest thing ever and you feel so stupid

Story of my life, reminds me of Final Fantasy ones also.

SᗡN
SᗡN
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2011-07-19

on 5/3/2014, 9:27 am
Got to finally play LoZ Skyward Sword. Been playing on and off for about a month or so. To be honest it's a bit lackluster, a little bit of a let down. My main issue is that the exploring feels pretty dull and drawn out. Felt more like I was just running around to appreciate the graphics and complex polygons, bask in nature's beauty and fulfill NPC's chores. The only REAL fun I have is when I'm in the temples figuring shit out. I haven't finished the game yet, I'm only in Lanayru Desert so I'll do my full (but short) review after I'm finished.

Favorite Legend of Zelda Game? - Page 4 Tumblr_n56t8i_Q2_Ct1qbwudjo1_500
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum