15 posters
Go down
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon)

2/6/2014, 3:01 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote:Roger is great for funny scenes but whenever he tries to express any emotion his voice breaks and it sounds really awkward

But then we never really heard any of the other Sonics express any emotion either. He's been all stoic and serious when shit gets real, but Lost World was probably the first game where we've seen Sonic genuinely upset/distressed. I honeslty can't imagine Jason Griffith orRyan Drummond doing any better in that regard.

Well, Sonic X  sonic was funny and serious at points and Jason did those.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Dancing-happy-yoshi Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 259ab217
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon)

2/6/2014, 3:02 pm
I don't know, I think drummond, considering it's been like, 10 years since heroes, could probably do it. Not to mention he did a pretty good job in adventure. When he was about to be launched into space he sounded like it was really gonna end for him there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05

2/6/2014, 3:05 pm
I mean look at this point of Sonic Unleashed. I remember this making me scream of joy, the part was handled amazingly.

At 5:42

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Dancing-happy-yoshi Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 259ab217
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

2/6/2014, 3:16 pm
Well yeah but like I said that was more stoic/serious than genuine distress. He still had that air of confidence. In Lost World that's completely shattered, because it's pretty much the first time Sonic's friends have been in genuine danger and unlike SA2 he can't do anything about it. There's no way to rescue Amy and Knuckles down on Earth, no way to stop the Deadly Six from turning Tails into a robot (and he can't exactly bargain with them like he did with Eggman in SA2) and no way to reverse the effects of the machine, as far as he knows. And worst of all Sonic was the one who caused all this in the first place by kicking the conch shell away and then again when he rushed towards the capsule. Lost World was probably the best Sonic has ever been, because unlike in previous games he feels like an actual character with actual flaws instead of a walking caricature of "cool" and "edgy."

Unleashed was okay but didn't really have much of a focus on characterization or story. It had a beginning and an end and not much in between, really.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/6/2014, 3:19 pm
I can actually see where you're coming from. I never thought of it like that.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 3:25 pm
Not to say SA2's portrayal of Sonic was bad, since that was honestly one of the better parts of SA2's story. But Sonic had a much wider range of emotions than he has had in previous games. We see him snarking, we see him making banter with Tails, but we also see him get serious, we see him get angry, we see him get upset and distressed, we see him making mistakes. He isn't a generic shounen hero or a walking one-liner. I really hope we see this continued in Sonic Boom, especially now that we have more than just Tails and Eggman for Sonic to interact with.

Also please don't make Amy a crazy stalker bitch, guys. For what little we saw of her in Lost World she was ten times better than most of her other portrayals since she wasn't solely defined by her desire to fuck Sonic. And while we're at it can Knuckles not be a complete butt-monkey this time around as well.

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 4:21 pm
More new info on both the show and the game http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221898

Episode plots include Sonic firing Tails as his sidekick and Eggman taking Sonic to court. It's all silly and nonsensical but they sound charming and funny. Really doesn't sound like there's much for the game to "tie into," though, unless there's something more to this that they're not telling us

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/6/2014, 5:30 pm
i'm iffy about the "taking sonic to court" thing but the firing tails thing should be interesting.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 5:34 pm
Also Knuckles runs for mayor

Who says he's nothing but dumb muscle?

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

2/6/2014, 5:35 pm
so is this game gonna be like the old 90s cartoon? like just random funny nonsensical adventures

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/7/2014, 1:21 pm
...I just realized something.

http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/sonic_boom_the_game.jpg

here we have everyone's new design, now look at Amy. NOW. imagine her with her current, mini mouse voice.

It kills the whole look. Not to mention she seems like she's actually going to be cool and capable in the game. But with the mini mouse voice, there's another thing i'm afraid of. I don't think I'll be able to take her seriously with that kind of voice. Granted, her voice is the only one we haven't heard, so maybe something's going on but... I dunno, i'm scared again.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
siothio
siothio
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-10-06

2/7/2014, 1:27 pm
Meh she looks the same to me. And im pretty sure she's gonna act the same(except she'll be kicking more ass). So the voice fits.

BILLY! THERE'S FRUITLOOOPS!!  Surprised
Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 I_need_professional_help_by_geniusgt-d8kh4sc
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/7/2014, 1:33 pm
@siothio wrote:So the voice fits.
.....THIS

does NOT fit this:
Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 8771819f-f000-490d-a8e0-cdca5c4a62d2-620x372

This amy looks like she has sass and is ready to kick ass. Not some mini mouse sounding rip off. Not to mention she's not all that great a voice actor to begin with.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
siothio
siothio
Spritan
Spritan

2/7/2014, 1:41 pm
I dunno. From what we've seen from the trailers so far is everyone seems to have their personalities and amys voice fits her personality(which is annoying fangirl). So for her to still have her personality but have a rouge type voice would sound wierd to me >.<

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 I_need_professional_help_by_geniusgt-d8kh4sc
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/7/2014, 2:26 pm
In the game trailer Amy seems like she is ready to kick ass. If she has a friggen minnie mouse voice it would kill the ENTIRE look she has going. and no, Amy's personality is NOT the same way as it was in the games. The few seconds we see of her in the game trailer proves that. She lands like a boss while sonic and the rest of them land face first.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

2/7/2014, 2:28 pm
@SXR123 wrote:
Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 8771819f-f000-490d-a8e0-cdca5c4a62d2-620x372
...Damn I really Like their new look...

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Untitl15
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/7/2014, 2:32 pm
Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 IsiRfWf

We've got another sassy looking amy. I still can't see minnie voice fitting this kind of look.

EDIT: "Smart and confident, with acrobatic skills to match!" < what she is described as on the official website.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
siothio
siothio
Spritan
Spritan

2/7/2014, 2:46 pm
Actually for some reason with this new pic I can't see the minnie voice working. Though a rouge type voice wouldn't work either... -.-

But the few seconds actully proves nothing about her personality. We haven't heard her talk or the way she talks yet. Honestly since Soinic,Tails and Eggman still have their personalities then I'm guessing everyone else will have theirs intact...maybe with a few tweaks.
I agree she will have more of a bad ass personality,when it comes to fighting anyway. But if they're not doing anything then she'll probably be the same old Amy...unless shes Sonic's love interest now. That would change EVERYTHING

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/7/2014, 2:52 pm
I don't want a rouge voice, I want what she had before, in adventure and in the games before generations. She sounded like a tough girl with a sweet side. Lisa did a great job at being a tough Amy.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

2/7/2014, 3:04 pm
@siothio wrote:Meh she looks the same  to me. And im pretty sure she's gonna act the same(except she'll be kicking more ass). So the voice fits.

The voice didn't even fit with her old look -___-

She doesn't need a "Rouge type voice". That would ruin her. But give at least give her something akin to what she had in the Sonic Adventure series

Last edited by Blue22 on 2/7/2014, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
siothio
siothio
Spritan
Spritan

2/7/2014, 3:05 pm
Ah OK I see what you mean. Yeah that voice would fit WAY better.Sounds kinda the same but not as  squeaky. Every time I saw the Sonic Boom Amy's poses and stuff then I kept think of a Rouge type voice(I completely forgot about her old voice ^_^'). And between Rouge's voice and Minnie's voice, I think Minnie's voice sound better on Amy(even if it's annoying as all hell -.-)

Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

2/7/2014, 3:07 pm
@siothio wrote:And between Rouge's voice and Minnie's voice, I think Minnie's voice sound better on Amy(even if it's annoying as all hell -.-)

If we really had to choose between the two, I'd settle for her being a mime.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/7/2014, 3:11 pm
I agree. Amy isn't some minnie mouse rip off and she's not supposed to be cutsey either, that's creams job.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

2/7/2014, 3:14 pm
.....Oh my god....Where's Shadow??

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 3 Untitl15
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/7/2014, 3:14 pm
no news on him yet. So right now I don't think he's in the series until season 2, if he shows up at all.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum