Go down
Robgoomba
Robgoomba
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-06-15
https://twitter.com/Robgoom@gmail.comhttps://www.facebook.com/Robgoom@gmail.com

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon)

10/3/2013, 7:44 pm
@SXR123 wrote:that last one did it for me.

"Ok guys, we need to give the sonic characters a new design... any ideas?" says the leader

"OH OH! I know! ok so, we all know how strong knuckles is right?" one of his subordinates responds.

"...Yeah...?" The leader is interested, but knows that this subordinate was the reason for 06, so he was sketchy.

"What if we made him BUFF. and I don't mean like, 'i lift weights' buff, I mean REALLY buff! Like the tank from left 4 dead!"

The leader looked at him with disbelief. Never before had he heard such a statement.

"YOU'RE A GENIUS!" The leader responded with happiness, "I can't believe we never thought of it before!"

"OH OH! and sonic should have a jeans jacket!"

"GIVE THIS MAN A PROMOTION!"

/meeting end.

Here i come rougher then the rest of them the best of them tougher then leather. You can call me knuckles unlike sonic i don't chuckle i'd rather flex my muscles.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 604983Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 29027110
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon)

10/3/2013, 7:47 pm
I still feel bad for the guy who wrote those lyrics and even more for the guy who had to sing them.

"...I'd rather flex my muscles...? Do I REALLY have to sing this?"

"If you want your paycheck you do."

"...FINE."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Robgoomba
Robgoomba
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-06-15
https://twitter.com/Robgoom@gmail.comhttps://www.facebook.com/Robgoom@gmail.com

10/3/2013, 7:50 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I still feel bad for the guy who wrote those lyrics and even more for the guy who had to sing them.

"...I'd rather flex my muscles...? Do I REALLY have to sing this?"

"If you want your paycheck you do."

"...FINE."
Real legit question here. I want to know if they'll be a jap version of this.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 604983Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 29027110
siothio
siothio
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-10-06

10/5/2013, 12:42 pm
I'm actually going to go into this with a VERY open mind. I'm thinking of this in the terms of the new TMNT. When I first heard there was a new TMNT coming out by Nick with CGI animation I was like ASS SHIT FUCKING PENIS SHIT MOTHER FUCKIN...etc
Anyway when it finally came out I decided to watch it and found myself enjoying the the premiere and honestly, i've watched and enjoyed the first season(xcept maybe a few eps)

So even though Knucks is a beefcake with fingers and Sonic is wearing clothes I still think this show may have a chance.

BILLY! THERE'S FRUITLOOOPS!!  Surprised
Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 I_need_professional_help_by_geniusgt-d8kh4sc
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

2/1/2014, 3:15 pm
Sonic Boom is confirmed to debut in Fall this year. It's also the "first CG animated film in the Sonic franchise." Not sure what to actually expect from that since it could be interpreted in many different ways but either way it seems SEGA has apparently forgot about Night of the Werehog. http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sonic-boom-the-first-cg-animated-film-in-the-sonic-franchise/

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 10:37 am
Big meeting later today in New York. Lots of SEGA staff there. Large impact on the Sonic brand. Implied to be connected to Sonic Boom. Expect our first real glance at the show and the characters' redesigns there. This should be interesting. http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sega-2014-is-the-renaissance-year-of-sonic/

Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

2/6/2014, 12:52 pm
Despite Sega turning my favorite Sonic character into Steroid Bill, I guess I can muster up the strength to give this thing a chance. Like someone else already said, it could turn out like the new TMNT show where everyone was bashing it at first only for it to end up being REALLY good.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 12:56 pm
Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Bfz6rfDIYAAL_J2

Knux is hilariously disproportionate but Sonic's design is fine with me. The scarf is a lot better than the vest most people were expecting

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

2/6/2014, 12:59 pm
wtf show is that

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 1:00 pm
Sonic looks like something out of a fighting game now. This is the design they should have went for in Smash Bros XD

SXR123
SXR123

2/6/2014, 1:34 pm
why the fuck are sonic's arms blue? That's one of the most common mistakes when the cartoons and comics first started. but now it's fucking intentional. He's not wearing a jacket, which i'm fine with and the rest of the design is fine, even though he does look like he's about to fight.

but the arms bug me a lot.

Knuckles just looks fucking stupid.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 1:38 pm
The initial order of fifty-two eleven-minute episodes is co-produced by Sega of America Inc. and Genao Productions.

Ugh. We're dealing with one of those -____-

This is the second Sonic TV show to be a comedy

Does not...bode...well....

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 1:44 pm
So I'm not sure what the deal is right now because everything is a massive clusterfuck of new information. I'll update in ten or twenty minutes

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

2/6/2014, 2:10 pm
@SXR123 wrote:why the fuck are sonic's arms blue? That's one of the most common mistakes when the cartoons and comics first started. but now it's fucking intentional. He's not wearing a jacket, which i'm fine with and the rest of the design is fine, even though he does look like he's about to fight.

but the arms bug me a lot.

Knuckles just looks fucking stupid.
wait sonic's arms aren't blue? wat

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
SXR123
SXR123

2/6/2014, 2:12 pm
first of all, look at your fucking avatar, secondly:

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Sonic_lends_a_hand_by_ObsessedShadowFan

you tell me.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

2/6/2014, 2:15 pm
hahaha i totally didn't even realize that.
that's disgraceful. i'm pretty sure i knew that i just never fully realized that. damn. i should senpaku myself for that. U_U

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05

2/6/2014, 2:16 pm

Don't even care for the designs right now. This game..has MULTIPLE CHARACTERS. I'M HYPED.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 259ab217
SXR123
SXR123

2/6/2014, 2:23 pm
the first game in 8 years where we can play as someone else other than sonic and it's not even done by sega.

Sonic Boom (New Sonic cartoon) - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mmeqa8eZ8a1qz4rgp

ADOPT A CHAO!!
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 2:35 pm
@YoshiSonic wrote:

Don't even care for the designs right now. This game..has MULTIPLE CHARACTERS. I'M HYPED.
Would prefer to keep discussion of the game and the show to their respective topics.

Anyway trailer

SXR123
SXR123

2/6/2014, 2:37 pm
Not gonna lie.

I like it.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 2:44 pm
Damn, that... actually looks pretty good.

It would look even better if they didn't ruin Eggman, but still. Looking cool so far.

SXR123
SXR123

2/6/2014, 2:46 pm
I'm off and on about eggman's new design. He kind of reminds me of a general. The comedy isn't stupid but I feel like eggman's a little dumb in "naming" his robot. I realize it was for a joke, but honestly I don't think he'd make such a mistake. Then again i'm nitpicking.

I am so glad it didn't take the route I thought it would. I was expecting another AOSTH. Or some cutsey friendship bullshit. "We can do anything with the POWER OF TEAMWORK YEAAAAAHHHH"

ADOPT A CHAO!!
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 2:49 pm
Animation and CG is great, as expected from SEGA. Kind of weird that the show looks like their usual CGI while the game has an entirely different art style from the regular games, though

Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 2:52 pm
Oh thank God! These trailers are really calming my skepticism. That was actually legitimately funny. Sonic's really stepped up his game when it comes to his banter between him and Eggman. I'm still not a fan of his voice though. Roger Craig Smith is one of my favorite anime VAs but he just isn't right for Sonic :/

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

2/6/2014, 2:58 pm
Roger is great for funny scenes but whenever he tries to express any emotion his voice breaks and it sounds really awkward

But then we never really heard any of the other Sonics express any emotion either. He's been all stoic and serious when shit gets real, but Lost World was probably the first game where we've seen Sonic genuinely upset/distressed. I honeslty can't imagine Jason Griffith orRyan Drummond doing any better in that regard.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum