Go down
SupahAnimz
SupahAnimz
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-12-16

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Empty First try at 2.5d animating (very short)

9/21/2013, 9:23 am

___________________________________________________________________________________________

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) SUlBkRe
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2012-12-27

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Empty Re: First try at 2.5d animating (very short)

9/21/2013, 1:24 pm
well it's a bit short for me to be able to criticize it but it's looking good. Love the BG by the way, where did you get it?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were set ablaze and I had a bucket of water, I'd probably drink it.
SupahAnimz
SupahAnimz
Spritan
Spritan

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Empty Re: First try at 2.5d animating (very short)

9/21/2013, 3:33 pm
@Double0Epic wrote:well it's a bit short for me to be able to criticize it but it's looking good. Love the BG by the way, where did you get it?
Google i think lol just a night sky and some clouds

Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

9/22/2013, 3:08 am
so..there was a front view of a sprite..i don't how much it exactly changes the dimensions but it looks alright.

"Interesting sig text"

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Youtub10
SupahAnimz
SupahAnimz
Spritan
Spritan

9/22/2013, 3:34 pm
@Tal wrote:so..there was a front view of a sprite..i don't how much it exactly changes the dimensions but it looks alright.
thats why its called 2.5d, 2d is only left and right 2.5 d is forming allusions via motion tweens Surprised

Last edited by SupahAnimz on 9/23/2013, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

twinsplaywarrior
twinsplaywarrior
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2013-09-03

9/22/2013, 4:07 pm
I don't think I saw the 0.5 but good work anyway maybe I just didn't notice it

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) <a href=First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Untitl10" />
AlexTGS
AlexTGS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05

9/22/2013, 6:59 pm
I didn't know a front view makes it 2.5, I thought it had to be like side and front.
SupahAnimz
SupahAnimz
Spritan
Spritan

9/23/2013, 9:34 pm
For those who don't get it. 2d is a flat world, only left and right. 2.5d is visible because he flies back into the moon. The allusion was created. Its common sense >.>

twinsplaywarrior
twinsplaywarrior
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2013-09-03

9/23/2013, 10:01 pm
oh I see thanks for that now I know

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) <a href=First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Untitl10" />
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

9/23/2013, 10:33 pm
this is not 2.5, since this is still done in flash and all you're doing is creating the illusion that it's 3D. 2D animated movies, such as anime do this all the time. Does that mean all traditional 2D animation is actually 2.5?

2.5D is when you're mixing sprites in with a 3D realm. Such as what lange does with blender when he animated death battle. No one see's the dimension changes because there IS no dimension change. You're simply creating the illusion that it's 3D. This does not make it 2.5D.

These are simply perspective tests.

If we go by your logic, then that means 3D movies are actually 3.5D because 3D glasses are giving the illusion that the characters are actually coming out of the screen.

Sorry, calling this 2.5D was bugging me.

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

9/24/2013, 3:56 am
@SXR123 wrote:this is not 2.5, since this is still done in flash and all you're doing is creating the illusion that it's 3D. 2D animated movies, such as anime do this all the time. Does that mean all traditional 2D animation is actually 2.5?

2.5D is when you're mixing sprites in with a 3D realm. Such as what lange does with blender when he animated death battle. No one see's the dimension changes because there IS no dimension change. You're simply creating the illusion that it's 3D. This does not make it 2.5D.

These are simply perspective tests.

If we go by your logic, then that means 3D movies are actually 3.5D because 3D glasses are giving the illusion that the characters are actually coming out of the screen.

Sorry, calling this 2.5D was bugging me.
Yeah he's right, but don't get us worng that the animation was bad or anything ^-^T

"Interesting sig text"

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Youtub10
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

9/24/2013, 9:59 am
oh no, the animation was fine. I'm just bugged by the fact that people are calling this 2.5D when it's not.

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

9/24/2013, 12:06 pm
I need A new computer I cant see any of this mans vids....lag like A bitch on my laptop

First try at 2.5d animating (very short) Untitl15
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum