Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Definition of Insanity Empty Definition of Insanity

on 9/17/2013, 1:08 am

[ Far Cry 3 Vass's Dialogue]
Spoiler:
Vaas: Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so, boom I shot him. The thing is... He was right. And then I started seeing, everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all these fucking pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same fucking thing... over and over and over and over again thinking 'this time is gonna be different' no, no, no please... This time is gonna be different, I'm sorry, I don't like... The way... you are looking at me... Okay, Do you have a fucking problem in your head, do you think I am bullshitting you, do you think I am lying? Fuck you! Okay? Fuck you!... It's okay, man. I'm gonna chill, hermano. I'm gonna chill... The thing is... Alright, the thing is I killed you once already... and it's not like I am fucking crazy. It's okay... It's like water under the bridge. Did I you ever tell you the definition of insanity?

[My response]
Spoiler:
The more I think about what Vass said and his viewpoint of "Insanity" the more I question life itself. I mean heh sure it's a game and I shouldn't be taking it with much thought in mind, but this one scene... Made me think so hard about the constant repetition that goes on in whether it's the normal daily routine at home or you playing CoD and dying from that spawn camper. The key points to his little display was'doing the same thing over and over again' expecting a fluctuation in the process, but no. That's just my take on the matter of insanity although I'd love to write more on the topic I just don't feel that I'm capable of tackling it correctly.(might add more in an edited post to tired as of right now)
So members if this wonderful site I'd like to hear your take on this section of the game. Especially Langes if he happens to delve into this post.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor - Sholom Aleichem
Definition of Insanity 7lCDH  
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Definition of Insanity Empty Re: Definition of Insanity

on 9/17/2013, 1:56 am
Most people I know live their lives repeating mundane behaviors due to stupidity, fear, indoctrination, or likely a combination of the three. Sometimes the behavior is just getting by day to day working a job they hate, or having a series of volatile relationships, or finding people to harass, or abusing pets or children, or getting into desperate situations like losing money over obvious scams, the list goes on, and usually it is a sad or damaging life. I can never relate to such people and every conversation I try to have quickly leads to a dead end. Trying to move them into something new or interesting causes them to become extremely awkward and malfunction, and leads to confused responses, trying to dodge a subject, or making irrational statements, often accompanied by pointless emotional reactions. It is why I'm not very social. I have a few close friends I can talk to about anything, and hold interesting competent discussions with.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Definition of Insanity Fzero%20death%20race
Atomik
Atomik
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-07

on 9/17/2013, 10:44 am
We live in a society in which we are bound by rules unseen or unwritten, a psychological cage enslaves our very population. It is a trap, when we are born, we are conditioned to believe in a certain code of ethics and morals that drive us to work toward a "successful" life. but what does success truly mean? does it mean having a good job and money? to most, but what it means is succeeding in accomplishing a goal. If i wanted to live in the woods with a knowledge of survival skills and succeed in doing so, I AM SUCCESSFUL, If I want to have a simple life without a surplus of money, then I am successful. but not to society, without the fundamental trophies this world pitches to you, you are a loser. now understand this perspective, school dosent exist for education or for the benefactor of intelligence, it exists to prepare you for the work field. people often praise the one who has the highest grades in school, if you have straight A's, it dosent necessarily mean you are more intelligent than me, you put forth more WORK effort than me. but which one of us will ultimately be recognized? we work jobs we hate because we are conditioned to do so, so that we can be "successful" and have money. relationships are not two love partners, they have become two degenerates trying to fill some kind of hole in they're lives with a person who seemingly shares similar interests as them. so they meet at a bar, come home and fuck the same night and try to form some kind of relationship now, they feel obliged to do so.. people are scared to live outside the norms of society because it rejects who you are, and tells you to be someone else. everyday you meet people they are pretending, they live under a pretense. people have become labels. metalhead,thug,country boy, tomboy, biker girl, gamer girl. etc it sickens me that there are "types" of people. these types become a persons entire persona. Im not a metal head, im a man who listens to metal. she shouldn't  be a fucking gamer girl, she should be a girl who plays video games. its a perpetual spiral into a licentious labyrinth. people are following the same patterns. then they're going to marry someone they will realize they don't love, because we feel like we MUST get married because its another society norm, we must have children. its so sad because i see these neophytes having they're little accidents running around, they are unfit to be parents and will give birth to more social ZOMBIES. have an abortion. or better yet. keep your legs closed, keep it in your pants. and wait until you feel for that person on a level irreplaceable.But men want hot sexy wives who are stupid so they can use them. and women want buff muscle guys who have money so they use THEM to. I can go on forever on how people do the same, systematic, programmed routine of conformity and blind submission to society, religion, politics , Money and everything else that CONTROLS this fucking planet. but I think Im gonna go animate now lol.

Last edited by Atomik on 9/17/2013, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 9/17/2013, 1:39 pm
that was more of a rant on why society sucks than insanity

Definition of Insanity Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Atomik
Atomik
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/17/2013, 4:17 pm
@Granadico wrote:that was more of a rant on why society sucks than insanity
that's because he asked our take of the section, it wasn't about defining insanity lol. I was just telling how I feel society is insane from my perspective (long winded as I can be, Im a passionate guy lol)
BDB
BDB
Number of posts : 3517
Registration date : 2008-11-04

on 9/17/2013, 5:50 pm
Insanity is going to this site over and over again.

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Atomik
Atomik
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/17/2013, 5:51 pm
@BDB wrote:Insanity is going to this site over and over again.
Lolol
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum