Go down
Marioluigi263
Marioluigi263
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-06-30

[Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS Empty [Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS

9/11/2013, 11:14 am
So yeah, still alive and animating.

I'm... Kind of proud, I finally managed to finish one of those test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-yNnyhfQlw

(Link to play in description)

SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

[Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS Empty Re: [Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS

9/11/2013, 11:34 am
I think you did a good job with this. My only problem with it is that there's very little variation.

Still, since it's just a test, I think you did a great job.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

[Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Marioluigi263
Marioluigi263
Spritan
Spritan

[Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS Empty Re: [Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS

9/11/2013, 11:46 am
@SXR123 wrote:I think you did a good job with this. My only problem with it is that there's very little variation.

Still, since it's just a test, I think you did a great job.
Thanks a lot :)

And btw... I luv you, I watched your movie and I love it. Surprised
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

9/11/2013, 11:49 am
Thank you very much, it means a lot Very Happy

As for my critique, all I can say is that for future tests and for any game you may want to make, make sure there's more variation in his attacks AND in the enemy's attacks. It'll make the game more interesting and will keep the players attention.

that's all I have to say for now

___________________________________________________________________________________________

[Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Marioluigi263
Marioluigi263
Spritan
Spritan

9/11/2013, 11:53 am
@SXR123 wrote:Thank you very much, it means a lot Very Happy

As for my critique, all I can say is that for future tests and for any game you may want to make, make sure there's more variation in his attacks AND in the enemy's attacks. It'll make the game more interesting and will keep the players attention.

that's all I have to say for now
Yeah, I wanted to add more attacks for the enemy but I still need to learn Actionscript 2. Thanks again man, keep up being awesome.
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

9/11/2013, 2:33 pm
this is great for a start, i really like it, but yeah like dave said, more variations.

"Interesting sig text"

[Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS Youtub10
Marioluigi263
Marioluigi263
Spritan
Spritan

9/11/2013, 2:54 pm
@Tal wrote:this is great for a start, i really like it, but yeah like dave said, more variations.
OMG You're still alive !! And you're a piano ?!!

Seriously, thank you man.
BDB
BDB
Number of posts : 3517
Registration date : 2008-11-04

9/11/2013, 3:04 pm
@Marioluigi263 wrote:
@Tal wrote:this is great for a start, i really like it, but yeah like dave said, more variations.
And you're a piano ?!!.
I lol'd

Also, this is a good test that will hopefully lead to bigger projects.

Although they characters seem really close to each other, maybe separate them a bit.

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
BuchonlxD
BuchonlxD
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2013-01-04
https://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva

9/11/2013, 4:19 pm
well , here is my review

To be the first test this is a good start.

Like Tal , and dave said , add more diversity next time.

Is not very challenging , but it have its point.

The next time , better add lifebars , but not to the boss , is more challenging when the player don't know what is the hp amount of it's enemy.

The overdrive was good , but how he can transform to Super Sonic without chaos emeralds?

Anyway , you should add a defense option too, but that's just if you want.

This is my review , and if it's long sorry.

[Turn Based Battle Game] Sonic VS MechaS Tumblr_n2jvl0h1NT1qdlh1io1_400
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

9/11/2013, 5:40 pm
neato
i remember doing a tutorial on these kinds of games, maybe it would help with giving your attacks some variation
Marioluigi263
Marioluigi263
Spritan
Spritan

9/12/2013, 11:40 am
@Leo wrote:neato
i remember doing a tutorial on these kinds of games, maybe it would help with giving your attacks some variation
Can I see it ? c:

And thanks to everyone for sharing their opinion
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

9/12/2013, 9:12 pm
well it's actually my dumb way of doing it, back when i still messed around with flash. i'm pretty damn sure there's a cleaner way of doing it but most games (more like interactive movies, tbh) like this use something similar, so here .
just for the record, that's AS2
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum