Go down
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-06-27

I need help selecting new headset. Empty I need help selecting new headset.

9/7/2013, 3:23 pm
Ok, first I want to mention that I have mad good hearing.  I hear all the white noise that for some reason nobody else can hear.  Here are the headphones that I currently use -> http://www.numark.com/product/hf125
If you tried them, you may call them average but let me tell you this, it can get all the sounds it needs to get, and it have ABSOLUTELY no white noise.
The main thing I like about them is that even if they are not especially good at any one thing, they have no real weakness to them.
I would like to simply buy them again, but I want a headset, headphones with attached microphone because I want to improve how I sound on Skype calls. (I use built in internal laptop mic atm)
Can anyone recommend a headset that has absolutely no white noise, and has a mic?  I would like to keep the price below or just at 100$ but if you feel like that doesn't exist, feel free to put any headset at any price. Basically, if it fits the description, it doesn't matter.  Because hopefully if its good enough, I may buy it for life. Please let me know what you think, thanks for reading.
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

I need help selecting new headset. Empty Re: I need help selecting new headset.

9/7/2013, 10:30 pm
Keep in mind that the white noise you're experiencing may just be the computer/sound card and not the headphones. I'm using Sony MDRZX 100 headphones , and they work very well. They're popular since they're good quality and low price. I've been meaning to research better quality headphones in the $60 range and I don't have any viable leads yet, so maybe you could actually help me out with this.

And (hopefully) I'm sure you already know to avoid shit like Dr Dre headphones. They have printed EQs that interfere with listening to any audio in its natural state. They're just ear candy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I need help selecting new headset. Fzero%20death%20race
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

9/8/2013, 4:22 pm
@Mr Lange
Im afraid you're right. That makes sense now, I probably should wait till I get a new computer before looking at headphones. Do you think my current headphones are just compatible with the sound card I currently have?
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

9/8/2013, 8:07 pm
There's no such thing as headphones being compatible with a sound card. They're analog devices. Does the jack fit? Does a signal go through them? Then they're compatible. Any background noise is due to the quality of the sound card. If you have PCI slots you can probably get a new sound card.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I need help selecting new headset. Fzero%20death%20race
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

9/9/2013, 11:51 am
Well, if what you say is true, then I have a good enough sound card. The headphones I am using now, don't have any background noise. However some of the ones I have tried out with my computer, do have white noise. Yes the jack fit, and everything was set up fine. Im just going to have to try to find some other.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum