Go down
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05
View user profile
@Gears wrote:
@Double0Epic wrote:I'd like to join this.
I'll take Vent vs Serpent (Megaman ZX)
Let's see how I do. Needed something to get me out of animating my other stuff. sometimes animating something other than what you were doing is enough to get you motivated.
EDIT: Noticed I need to show you an animation of mine.
https://www.thespritas.com/t6483-reploid-triple-threat
that's the thread to my most recent animation which isn't complete yet.
Declined
>Animation made 2013, no real flaws except for sfx, and Declined
@Gears wrote:
@SXR123 wrote:

can I join?

these are my best skills
Accepted
>Animation made a few years ago, one of sxr's very early and error filled animation, and Accepted

SEEMS LEGIT
Spritan
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2012-12-27
View user profile
He pointed out that he knew that it was old, which means he checked his new stuff, which means he knows SXR is good.
He also pointed out that if you don't meet his standards you won't get accepted, therefore I don't meet his standards, period.
Though I must ask, what was it that made you decline me? Just so I can improve on whatever it was.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were set ablaze and I had a bucket of water, I'd probably drink it.
Number of posts : 11629
Registration date : 2010-03-07
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123
it was the one moment I wish i was unknown so he would have declined me. XD

but I offered to join, and I don't go back on my word.

but if the collab fails anyway, I won't be going back on my word

___________________________________________________________________________________________

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-06-30
View user profile
@SXR123 wrote:it was the one moment I wish i was unknown so he would have declined me. XD

but I offered to join, and I don't go back on my word.

but if the collab fails anyway, I won't be going back on my word
When you send in a app I didn't even know who you were at all this is the first time me looking at your Youtube.
xD

Double0Epic: Your sprites have bad quality your movements were choppy in some parts you just need to round out the edges to them.
Spritan
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2012-12-27
View user profile
Ok I get the movements thing but how do my SPRITES have bad quality?
I mean they're sprites. Pixelated pictures, meant for animation. Plus, considering I didn't rip them myself I don't think I am to blame for that.

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were set ablaze and I had a bucket of water, I'd probably drink it.
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23
View user profile
yeah i didn't get that either, the sprites are fine lmao
Spritan
View user profile
I'm talking about trace bit mapping your sprites to make them look more high quality.
This is something you don't have to do, but I suggest it for a more hd look.

Last edited by Gears on 9/16/2013, 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Tracing your sprites is what you SHOULDN'T do. unless you absolutely have to.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
View user profile
@Gears wrote:I'm talking about trace bit mapping your sprites to my them look more high quality.  
Besides, what does it matter...? The fact that his sprites aren't traced shouldn't mean he's excluded. and with proper critique, anything wrong with his part can easily be fixed. Honestly, what he showed us would be good enough even for my standards.

still, if anything, it's still your choice. and I suggest that we end the debate soon.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2010-04-07
View user profile
lol

i think i want to join
{POOF}
Nevermind

Last edited by Crash on 9/17/2013, 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Spritan
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19
View user profile
@Gears wrote:I'm talking about trace bit mapping your sprites to my them look more high quality.

Last edited by Mr Lange on 9/14/2013, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29
View user profile
I think I'll just watch this one from the sidelines....

Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
View user profile
Tracing the bitmap increases the filesize and makes it lag more. Yeah it makes the sprites look a lot better when rotated but you're better not tracing them at all.

Spritan
View user profile
Trying to understand how that makes them "higher quality". Either they're going to look exactly the same, or they're going to be a goopy mess.

Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17
View user profile
@BlitznBurst wrote:Tracing the bitmap increases the filesize and makes it lag more.
tracing bitmaps wont cause lag unless ur running a computer from the 1940s

Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
View user profile
@Mr Lange wrote:Trying to understand how that makes them "higher quality". Either they're going to look exactly the same, or they're going to be a goopy mess.
It makes them rotate better, though, doesn't it, since they're vectors
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
@BlitznBurst wrote:Tracing the bitmap increases the filesize and makes it lag more.
I said lag more. I just meant they're more demanding. I don't know how much of a difference it actually makes, but the difference is still made

Spritan
View user profile
@BlitznBurst wrote:
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
I said lag more. I just meant they're more demanding. I don't know how much of a difference it actually makes, but the difference is still made
This does start to become a problem when you have a lot of traced sprites, especially large or complex ones, and then further worse when things like filters are applied.

@BlitznBurst wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:Trying to understand how that makes them "higher quality". Either they're going to look exactly the same, or they're going to be a goopy mess.
It makes them rotate better, though, doesn't it, since they're vectors
The edges antialias but for the most part the difference is negligible. Bitmap actually comes out slightly better when the quality is set to low, which it should be for a sprite movie anyway.
Example:
http://www.fastswf.com/WzC8eAI

View user profile
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
hi joey

@Mr Lange wrote:The edges antialias but for the most part the difference is negligible. Bitmap actually comes out slightly better when the quality is set to low, which it should be for a sprite movie anyway.
Example:
http://www.fastswf.com/WzC8eAI
well i wouldn't say slightly better. i know some people that would want their sprites to look like the traced example. i feel it's a matter of taste, actually. still, i would use bitmap. one reason for using them would be that i can actually edit the sprites in another program and update them from flash, without the need for re-importing. that has saved my life in a few occasions.

and yeah i know you can just go and edit the traced sprite in flash but it's not the same thing
Spritan
View user profile
That's why you only trace bitmap the character you're animating and smoothen your maps.
View user profile
turning smoothing on blurs your sprites slightly and i hate that. you're animating retro stuff, so embrace the aliasing. at least, it's how i feel about that.
Spritan
Number of posts : 6081
Registration date : 2009-09-07
View user profile
Awh, they're taken? That's too bad D:

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Administrator
View user profile
@BlitznBurst wrote:
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
yes and putting a drip of water on the floor will make it wetter
but its a minimalistic drop of water and there are more prevalent issues that can make the floor wet

@Leo wrote:
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
hi joey
hi

Spritan
View user profile
@Gears wrote:That's why you only trace bitmap the character you're animating and smoothen your maps.
You never
ever
EVER do that.
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
@BlitznBurst wrote:
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
yes and putting a drip of water on the floor will make it wetter
but its a minimalistic drop of water and there are more prevalent issues that can make the floor wet
Ye who ignored my earlier post, heed my words.

Administrator
View user profile
@Mr Lange wrote:
Ye who ignored my earlier post, heed my words.
no
rofl
pwnt
noob
repoted 4 noobery
enjoy ur ban

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum