Go down
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2012-12-27

The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Empty The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past.

8/22/2013, 8:59 am
So I've started drawing because it seems like it's pretty cool and I need something to do while I don't have a good enough PC to animate or play videogames.(My current computer can't handle Flash go figure.)
And i'm so stupid, that i "Edited" my first drawing adding outlines and stuff to it after I scanned it into my PC making it look wierd as all hell.
Enough of that though, time to show my "art".
Dragon that looks like a wierd and angry gecko to me:
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Dragon_drawing
Note: I can't shade very well so I didn't even try it yet.
Tryndamere's angry face(my avatar)(don't you judge me for using lined paper):
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Trynda
Note: No ears cause helmet will be added it's a WIP.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were set ablaze and I had a bucket of water, I'd probably drink it.
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Empty Re: The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past.

8/22/2013, 9:58 am
Your dragon looks very well done, the colors are nice and the structure is very good.

what baffles me is that even though your dragon looks great, your human face looks... well, not as well. I mean it's good, better than what I could do, but it doesn't stack up to your dragon.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Empty Re: The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past.

8/22/2013, 10:18 am
they all seem kind of flat. try learning about form/construction and perspective. ask me if you need any help with it.
gesture and shape are important too but form is more (at least for me) so i'd go through the struggles of learning it first.
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

8/22/2013, 10:35 am
@SXR: Thanks. That might be because I rarely draw humans. All that anatomy and stuff. Gosh.
@Leo: By all means sensei, Educate me.

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were set ablaze and I had a bucket of water, I'd probably drink it.
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

8/22/2013, 10:45 am
CALL LEO YOUR SENPAI, HE LOVES THAT JAPANESE STUFF.

The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

8/22/2013, 1:34 pm
Update on the face:
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Trynda_mach2
I think it's looking better. what do you guys think?

Leo
Leo

8/22/2013, 4:49 pm
kind of, but it's still not that solid actually.
try constructing things. start with simple forms and then you add details.

i do recommend going to this blog for learning: http://radhowto.blogspot.com/ and just read all posts starting from the first one. it's amazing.
i also recommend andrew loomis's books, but i'd start with "Fun with a Pencil", since it's geared more towards beginners so it's easier to grasp (i think so anyway).
there's a lot more but these are the ones i'd start with. the main thing that i think you should focus on is just form anyway. then you can learn gesture and shape and do whatever you want, but if you don't learn form/perspective first you're going to regret it.
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

8/22/2013, 11:27 pm
Thanks Leo, i've been checking out this guy's blog and I've tried to draw a very basic human shape. I will then proceed to learn form and perspective and see where that takes me.
Anyway here's what I tried:
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Sfgafdgaf
considering his hands are supposed to reach his thighs, the whole belly section is far too big, the hands are way too small and the head seems a bit too small as well. Any other CnC would be great.

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

8/23/2013, 12:14 am
the torso is super long. and his arms should be longer (like half way to knees if hands are stretched out)
and dat foot lol

The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Leo
Leo

8/23/2013, 9:21 am
that's nice. very weird, proportion-wise, but it's ok.
as far as his arms go, his upper arm should end around the end of the ribcage and the lower arm should end around the crotch. here
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Arm10
and the legs are roughly the same length from the top of the head to the crotch. you can break these when you want, but WHEN YOU WANT. any time you do something that looks like a mistake it must be intentional (and of course you need a purpose for it), otherwise it's a mistake (or sometimes, when it looks nice even though you didn't want it to look like that, you have a "happy accident")

try doing a few marks for deciding roughly how long you want each part to be. you don't need to follow it perfectly, but sometimes it's nice to have some target you can aim at.
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

8/23/2013, 11:46 am
@Leo wrote:you can break these when you want, but WHEN YOU WANT. any time you do something that looks like a mistake it must be intentional (and of course you need a purpose for it), otherwise it's a mistake (or sometimes, when it looks nice even though you didn't want it to look like that, you have a "happy accident")

try doing a few marks for deciding roughly how long you want each part to be. you don't need to follow it perfectly, but sometimes it's nice to have some target you can aim at.
You mean like let's say, I'm trying to draw Mario? His legs are super short for the rest of his body and he has a huge head. So if I wanted to draw him, my anatomy couldn't possibly be correct. AmIRite?

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

8/23/2013, 1:20 pm
faking Leo. saying the same thing i said but better

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Leo
Leo

8/23/2013, 4:38 pm
well not the anatomy actually (although mario doesn't have developed anatomy (unless you draw him ultra beefy!), he's just cylinders and spheres for the most part), but just the proportions.

remember that you can fit accurate anatomy in whatever proportions you want. also, don't worry THAT much about anatomy. gesture, shape and form are much, much more important.

and ahahaha oh granny
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

8/24/2013, 12:05 pm
Alright so I tried something different. Instead of attempting to draw another human (I'm still trying just took a break from it), I tried to draw something quadruped. So I drew Absol.
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Absol_Drawing
CnC pl0x?

Leo
Leo

8/24/2013, 12:42 pm
looks nice. i'd say be careful with the scratchy lines, it's not that obvious in this drawing but i can see some spots where this happened. other than that, it's alright.

did you use any ref for it? just curious.
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

8/24/2013, 12:45 pm
yeah i googled absol and found a reference pic for it. I then proceeded to do the whole thing with the shapes and the lines and stuff and then drew around it. probably my best drawing so far. didn't expect it to come out like this.

Leo
Leo

8/24/2013, 12:49 pm
thought that was case. either way, really nice work.
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

8/26/2013, 5:10 am
UPDATE: So I tried to draw a girl, what do you guys think?
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Girl_drawing_mark_II

Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17

8/26/2013, 1:26 pm
Well the proportions are better than the male you did but theres still some issues.
Her head is pretty small compared to her body and her torso is a bit long.
Getting much better though, keep it up
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan

9/15/2013, 1:31 pm
So after a few attempts, I realized drawing weaponry is SO MUCH EASIER than drawing living things.
therefore I drew a sword for a character I'm trying to create. I'm going to try to make an actual Indie game in the future. (not a near future, but a future nonetheless.)
The Legend of Art: A Double to the Past. Bloodstring

What do you guys think? Pretty good right? Laughing 

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

9/15/2013, 2:07 pm
it looks cool but it looks so flat, like paper. can't really see any depth (unless that's what you were going for)

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
metalmeat
metalmeat
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2010-09-21

9/15/2013, 8:50 pm
nice weapon double Very Happy 
Leo
Leo

9/16/2013, 6:08 am
@Granadico wrote:it looks cool but it looks so flat, like paper. can't really see any depth (unless that's what you were going for)
this, pretty much
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum