Go down
Goku
Goku
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Next Gen Chao World? Empty Next Gen Chao World?

on 8/6/2013, 3:01 pm
I REALLY think there should be another Chao Garden in a SONIC game. SA1 and SA2 did it perfectly! I loved visiting the gardens and spent hours taking care and evolving my Chao in abilities, personality, looks, etc. I spent more time there than playing the actual story. What do you guys think? Should we get another Chao World? What did you think about the old Chao Gardens? What did you like? What did you hate? Would you like it to return? And if you want, what would you add. Stuff like that. :)
Oh, and here's the Chao Garden music from Generations:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Next Gen Chao World? OkamiSignatureV2
Next Gen Chao World? Ace_si10
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Next Gen Chao World? Empty Re: Next Gen Chao World?

on 8/6/2013, 3:23 pm
if someone didn't like taking care of chao they have no soul

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Next Gen Chao World? Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

on 8/6/2013, 3:42 pm
@Granadico wrote:if someone didn't like taking care of chao they have no soul
I had a Dreamcast and the original Sonic Adventure 2. There were a few key differences between this version and Battle.
In Battle, Chao Karate was introduced, and they split the total chao emblems between racing and karate modes. 5 for racing, 5 for karate. This made things easier.
In the original though, all 10 emblems were in racing. They were included in the toughest races in the game.
I played the hell out of SA2. I got A rank in every single mission in the game; including Cannon's Core which wasn't even necessary for that version; and gained 176 emblems.
As you might have guessed, the remaining 4 were in the chao races. Specifically in the chaos chao and dark chao matches, the only ones I couldn't beat.
I spent weeks raising my chao. I did everything right. Kept him neutral, souped him up, he was very powerful, but not quite powerful enough to beat the toughest races. Thus the next step had to take place; evolving him to chaos chao.
Mind you I even had a working VMU, I was able to take him on "chao adventure" and fine tune his stats, including the hidden luck and intelligence stats. The amount of work I put into raising him was ridiculous.
Finally the day comes where he starts cocooning, when he's supposed to reincarnate as a chaos chao. However, the cocoon turns grey and he dies. I will never understand why. I lost a chao that took weeks of careful, dedicated raising because somewhere along the way, I must have screwed something up, and I have no idea what.
From then on I cursed the chao raising system. I was never able to raise a chao capable enough to finish the remaining matches. Those 4 emblems would sit out of reach forever and it had nothing to do with real gameplay, there was no fair way of achieving them.
So no Granny, I don't like taking care of chao, and there is damn good reason for it.

Next Gen Chao World? Fzero%20death%20race
Goku
Goku
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/6/2013, 3:54 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:
@Granadico wrote:if someone didn't like taking care of chao they have no soul
I had a Dreamcast and the original Sonic Adventure 2. There were a few key differences between this version and Battle.
In Battle, Chao Karate was introduced, and they split the total chao emblems between racing and karate modes. 5 for racing, 5 for karate. This made things easier.
In the original though, all 10 emblems were in racing. They were included in the toughest races in the game.
I played the hell out of SA2. I got A rank in every single mission in the game; including Cannon's Core which wasn't even necessary for that version; and gained 176 emblems.
As you might have guessed, the remaining 4 were in the chao races. Specifically in the chaos chao and dark chao matches, the only ones I couldn't beat.
I spent weeks raising my chao. I did everything right. Kept him neutral, souped him up, he was very powerful, but not quite powerful enough to beat the toughest races. Thus the next step had to take place; evolving him to chaos chao.
Mind you I even had a working VMU, I was able to take him on "chao adventure" and fine tune his stats, including the hidden luck and intelligence stats. The amount of work I put into raising him was ridiculous.
Finally the day comes where he starts cocooning, when he's supposed to reincarnate as a chaos chao. However, the cocoon turns grey and he dies. I will never understand why. I lost a chao that took weeks of careful, dedicated raising because somewhere along the way, I must have screwed something up, and I have no idea what.
From then on I cursed the chao raising system. I was never able to raise a chao capable enough to finish the remaining matches. Those 4 emblems would sit out of reach forever and it had nothing to do with real gameplay, there was no fair way of achieving them.
So no Granny, I don't like taking care of chao, and there is damn good reason for it.

Cool story bro. Very Happy 

But seriously, that sounds really fucked up. o.o Maybe you didn't take good care of your Chao? I'm sorry for your loss. I think you're the first person I've met that actually dislikes the Chao Garden... lol

From that day on, Lange decided that he would kill all of the Chao. Every last one of them. (Attack on Chao)

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 8/6/2013, 4:02 pm
Lol my chao died too. except i was rasng him for the very last opponent in karate. whats really gay is i took it to the doctor 10 minutes before he died because he was caughing alot and the doctor said he was healthy.

btw what age was your chao when it died if you remembr? mines was like 4 about to turn 5 and im starting to susspect theres hidden age limit

Next Gen Chao World? Ichigo10
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

on 8/6/2013, 4:10 pm
well Lange you did love it but circumstance made you lose your soul
I know that feeling though cuz that happened to me too. raised a chao all nice and stuff (though i was like 7 so i didn't care about stats or perfection) but he still died for no reason.

That was something i never liked about chao raising. The perfection of stats and the mating and shit for the all S rank chao. Its like EV training with Pokemon. Its just fun to get ones you like and train em to 100. I don't like the whole nature thing and breeding and only battling certain pokemon for the right EVs and teaching them moves for a wall pokemon or whatever the hell. It takes all the fun out of it. Its boring and unoriginal.
tldr: there isn't one i rambled

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

on 8/6/2013, 5:14 pm
@Granadico wrote:well Lange you did love it but circumstance made you lose your soul
& thus
dr mange was born

Next Gen Chao World? Lorde
AlexTGS
AlexTGS
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05

on 8/6/2013, 5:29 pm
The age they die is supposed to be like 5 or 6 I believe. I like it better that the chao die because it makes you value the time you have with them more and when they pass then you spend time on a new chao hoping to reach the level your last one was at. I played sa2b but I'm playing the xbox360 version now which is SA2(SA2b cost another 300 microsoft points I think) But most likely there won't even be another chao garden because game makers are all retards who don't listen to there fan base or if they do they fuck it up because they don't want it to be in the game and there telling the fans "Ok i'll add what you want if it will shut you up, but i'mma fuck it up badly."
Example:
Mr Lange
Mr Lange
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19

on 8/6/2013, 5:31 pm
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
@Granadico wrote:well Lange you did love it but circumstance made you lose your soul
& thus
dr mange was born
No we're actually close to the same age, if not exactly the same.

Next Gen Chao World? Fzero%20death%20race
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

on 8/6/2013, 5:36 pm
the 360 version is such a rip off with the extra microsoft points for chao karate

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 8/6/2013, 7:25 pm
Lol you might as well get battle from the start.

personally i think the age limit is retarted. they die before you can get em strong enough to beat the strongest karate/race.

if sega brings it back the least they can do is remove the limit or raise it. oh and make the doctor actually useful and not lie about your chaos condition

Silverblaze
Silverblaze
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2013-06-28

on 8/6/2013, 8:11 pm
I am the only person that tried to destroy every Chao I got my hands on.... just gonna step away from the keyboard now.

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor - Sholom Aleichem
Next Gen Chao World? 7lCDH  
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

on 8/6/2013, 8:18 pm
I raised them and set them free like a dick

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

on 8/6/2013, 8:19 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:
ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
& thus
dr mange was born
No we're actually close to the same age, if not exactly the same.
i mean figuratively ok

Next Gen Chao World? Lorde
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/6/2013, 8:53 pm
@silve, when quartz died i raged and beat all the remaining chao...then threw them into the giant gameboy

Goku
Goku
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/6/2013, 9:43 pm
@5h0ck wrote:@silve, when quartz died i raged and beat all the remaining chao...then threw them into the giant gameboy

I admit to abusing my chao... THAT'S RIGHT! I FUCKING DID IT! Throwing across the wall, kicking them into the water, dropping them from heights into water, taking their food, etc. But I mainly did this to the Chao I didn't want or deemed "unsuccessful failures" in their evolution. I had to cleanse my garden of their ugly imperfections and create a new world. One where everything was perfect and wonderful. But those disgusting abominations got in my way. So I had to murder them with my own hands and vowed that I would exterminate all of them and cleanse that world to make it anew... Haha..HAHAHAHA!!!! Uh-huh 

LOL, "threw them into the Giant Gameboy." Very Happy 

Silverblaze
Silverblaze
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2013-06-28

on 8/6/2013, 9:53 pm
@Goku wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:@silve, when quartz died i raged and beat all the remaining chao...then threw them into the giant gameboy

I admit to abusing my chao... THAT'S RIGHT! I FUCKING DID IT! Throwing across the wall, kicking them into the water, dropping them from heights into water, taking their food, etc. But I mainly did this to the Chao I didn't want or deemed "unsuccessful failures" in their evolution. I had to cleanse my garden of their ugly imperfections and create a new world. One where everything was perfect and wonderful. But those disgusting abominations got in my way. So I had to murder them with my own hands and vowed that I would exterminate all of them and cleanse that world to make it anew... Haha..HAHAHAHA!!!!
No,no I just attempted to murder them for the sake of doing it I had no evil plot of a New Genesis Serious 
I swear they need to design a new one so I can continue my reign of terror against there cute little chibi bodies Twisted Evil

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor - Sholom Aleichem
Next Gen Chao World? 7lCDH  
Goku
Goku
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/6/2013, 9:57 pm
Silveblaze wrote:
No,no I just attempted to murder them for the sake of doing it I had no evil plot of a New Genesis Serious 
I swear they need to design a new one so I can continue my reign of terror against there cute little chibi bodies Twisted Evil

You...are true evil...You\'re too kind 

Anyway, we REALLY need Chao in the next big Sonic game. Seriously, that shit was fun. Maybe even an online mode?
You know, I surprised SXR hasn't been on this thread yet...

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

on 8/6/2013, 10:23 pm
@5h0ck wrote:personally i think the age limit is retarted. they die before you can get em strong enough to beat the strongest karate/race.

if sega brings it back the least they can do is remove the limit or raise it. oh and make the doctor actually useful and not lie about your chaos condition
What? its easy to raise them to 99 everything ('cept stamina. there's like no way unless they're chaos chao)
And apparently the doctor actually does do stuff. We've played SA2B for like a decade (since it came out pretty much) and we've never got a sick chao, but within a week of my brother playing on the Ecks Bawcks he got a sick chao and the doctor called it out and gave it medicine and it was fine.

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

on 8/7/2013, 6:48 am
There's no "age limit." Once you reach five years or whatever it was, your Chao goes into a cocoon and either dies or reincarnates.

At least, that's what I think anyway. I never had the patience to bother with that shit tbh. I just gave them a load of animals to get all the emblems and then forgot about it

Next Gen Chao World? UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/7/2013, 7:31 am
5 yrs then it dies....sounds like and ae limit to me.
and gran how you nevr reached 99 on stamina? just feed the thing lol thats what i did

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

on 8/7/2013, 7:33 am
@5h0ck wrote:5 yrs then it dies....sounds like and ae limit to me.
and gran how you nevr reached 99 on stamina? just feed the thing lol thats what i did

Did you miss the part where I said reincarnate

Because I said that

It either dies or evolves depending on some conditions i don't care enough to find out

I think

I don't care enough to find out

Next Gen Chao World? UZ3PNb5
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

on 8/7/2013, 12:41 pm
@5h0ck wrote:5 yrs then it dies....sounds like and ae limit to me.
i've only gotten a Chaos chao up to 99 in stamina

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/7/2013, 2:36 pm
Eh. mines was normal...wich i still find weird since it caccooned 6 times(7 if you count the death cacoon).....and the dr's chart said it transeformed 4 times even though it never actually changed

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

on 8/7/2013, 2:39 pm
i thought transformations are reincarnation?

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum