Go down
Spritan
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-10-16
View user profile
Shocked 

Yep! I got myself in the drawing board and I'm asking people out there on the spritas website of a new collab! You will do an animation with only one twist... THE V-CAM... IS RESTRICTED FROM THIS COLLAB!

SAY WHAT! Crying or Very sad NOOOOOOOOOOO! Nah, just kidding... :stud:I like this challenge.

For 20 people on the spritas wanting to enter, just PM me and I'll add ya to the list... ALSO GET A NG account so I can add ya guys there. But that's out of the way... Here are the rules...

- First of all, the v-cam isn't allowed.
- 30 seconds minimum and 3 minutes 30 seconds maximum.
- Canvas size 640 x 480.
- 34 Frames Per Second.
- All sorts of sound effects are allowed, including DBZ.
- In this collab, you can choose any theme you want, from tower drops, fights, runs and spars... Anything you plan to do.
- You can add your own music but edit it to the time you want it cause I don't want the filesize to be too big.
- To end your animation, you must fade out to white and will move on to the next animation.
- Logo or name must be visible in your part.
- Complete files can be uploaded anywhere and posted here or sent by PM.
- Collab must be complete around 2nd October 2013.

People up for the challenge? Twisted Evil  Let's jam!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A cool animator
Cool
One who makes things the unexpected!
ORlly?

Prepare for Krazzy Madness.
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05
View user profile
Seems like you're avoiding extra work to me by getting rid of the V-cam F.F

And since I don't know how to zoom in on my animation without the V-cam and how to put in a logo without it in the slightest, I guess I can't join.

Anyway...good luck with this..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2013-05-05
View user profile
@YoshiSonic wrote:Seems like you're avoiding extra work to me by getting rid of the V-cam F.F

And since I don't know how to zoom in on my animation without the V-cam and how to put in a logo without it in the slightest, I guess I can't join.

Anyway...good luck with this..

To zoom in all you would do is resize whatever it is you wanted zoomed.

For the logo just slap your logo wherever you normally would put it and lock the layer.
Spritan
Number of posts : 6081
Registration date : 2009-09-07
View user profile
2 minutes minimum seems like a lot for a collab part.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Number of posts : 11629
Registration date : 2010-03-07
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123
what NS said.

your minimum should at least be 30 seconds.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Number of posts : 1576
Registration date : 2010-04-19
View user profile
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:Shocked 

Yep! I got myself in the drawing board and I'm asking people out there on the spritas website of a new collab! You will do an animation with only one twist... THE V-CAM... IS RESTRICTED FROM THIS COLLAB!

SAY WHAT! Crying or Very sad NOOOOOOOOOOO! Nah, just kidding... :stud:I like this challenge.

For 20 people on the spritas wanting to enter, just PM me and I'll add ya to the list... ALSO GET A NG account so I can add ya guys there. But that's out of the way... Here are the rules...
Oh joy.
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:- First of all, the v-cam isn't allowed.
You say that like there's something else... and there's not. You have specified absolutely nothing about the content or theme of this collab.
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:- This animation has a time limit, 2 minutes minimum and 3 minutes 30 seconds maximum. Think you can reach that?
2 minutes minimum? You're asking way to much out of this collab, and you haven't even given anyone a goal. "No vcam allowed" does not provide a goal, it's just a rule, and the only rule in this collab. You've given no one any direction, point of interest, or theme to work with and you're asking for a 2 minute animation? This is what we call unrealistic expectations.
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:- All sorts of sound effects are allowed, including DBZ.
Don't even know why you felt the need to specify this. No one has any idea what they're supposed to make.
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:- You can use other characters, as long as it has your OC.
This doesn't even make sense. You need to rephrase that or something.
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:- Complete files must be in .zip files and sent to email. (Just message me when it's complete and I'll send ya my email.
There is no reason it has to be sent to your email. Files can be hosted wherever they want and posted here or sent to you in a PM. At this point we might as well rename this to "Let's Just Inconvenience People With No Clear Purpose Collab".
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:- Logo must be there or who is the person who did that submission?
...Are you asking a question?
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:People up for the challenge? Twisted Evil  Let's jam!
You didn't even specify a canvas size or framerate.

Sorry but you must be this tall or over to run a collab.

Spritan
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17
View user profile
why is not having a v-cam a big deal?
Normal people watching can't even tell really.
actually NO ONE can tell if you do it right.
Spritan
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-11-07
View user profile
Damn, Lange. You tore him up. :\

I don't see the point of naming a collab the "No V-cam collab" either. Like lange said, there's no theme, I mean I guess you want us to just make a 2 minute animation without using a V-cam but honestly, what's the point?

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Number of posts : 6081
Registration date : 2009-09-07
View user profile
@Goku wrote:Damn, Lange. You tore him up. :\

That was him being nice. He should be lucky.
Spritan
Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2013-01-04
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva
This collab have sense? what are we supposed to do? Like lange said 2 minutes? seriously? 2 minutes to 20 persons? and you don't posted what we have to do.

Anyway I don't have my v-cam with name yet and I suppose that i will do this bad if i have to resize it one and another time so im off. Good luck

Spritan
Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2010-04-07
View user profile
@Mr Lange wrote:Sorry but you must be this tall or over to run a collab.

Last edited by Crash on 8/2/2013, 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Spritan
View user profile
Okay, people have requested some changes so here they are...
Again... The V-Cam is not allowed...

Thanks for the advice Mr Lange

- 30 seconds Minimum and 3 minutes 30 seconds Maximum
- Canvas size 640 x 480
- 34 Frames Per Second
- In this collab, you can choose any theme you want, from tower drops, fights, runs and spars... Anything you plan to do.
- You can add your own music but edit it to the time you want it cause I don't want the filesize to be too big.
- To end your animation, you must fade out to white and will move on to the next animation.

A cool animator
Cool
ORlly?

Spritan
View user profile
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:Okay, people have requested some changes so here they are...
Again... The V-Cam is not allowed...

Thanks for the advice Mr Lange

- 30 seconds Minimum and 3 minutes 30 seconds Maximum
- Canvas size 640 x 480
- 34 Frames Per Second
Adding that to the first post. Here's what we'll do.
I'll let this run for a brief period. Its survival depends on interest.
Who all wants to participate in this collab?
Or should it bite the bullet?

Spritan
Number of posts : 7616
Registration date : 2010-09-08
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic
Wow...the deadlines on my Birthday.
a collab for my bday would be cool...but if this fails then i get a fail for my bday.
speakind of bday fails i once had milk that was shcedualed to expire on my bday 5 days before my bday.....nothing bad happened but the thought was creepy

quick question.

...why such a weird FPS...?

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05
View user profile
Well, Resizing on almost every frame sounds a bit drastic for me, I would take SXR's renaming bitmaps rule over that anyday. But that's just me and my needs to be honest. Sorry to complain about it, I just don't see what he has against V-cams, if it's a challenge factor then he has a great idea and I respect his action.

But that 34 fps on the other hand...

Spritan
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-11-07
View user profile
I think I'm in...if I can manage to actually make a good animation first...

Spritan
Number of posts : 7616
Registration date : 2010-09-08
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic
34 fps isnt that bad guys.
I've done 32 before(dragonclaw vs evil ryu) as long as you pay attention and dont get lazy its just as managable as say 27

as for resizing...just hilight everything at once and use the numerical transeform so that everything stays proportioned. tweening them will help too

Spritan
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2013-06-28
View user profile
This has literally got to be the most complex and unnecessarily demanding Collab thingy ever...
I'm just going to wait and let this play out to see if it becomes more sensible as the days pass.

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor - Sholom Aleichem

Spritan
View user profile
Oh, people must be wondering, why 34FPS.
It's the frames per second I use in my animations nowdays... for DBAF...
It's also the same rate as Proxicide's MK vs SF 3.

A cool animator
Cool
ORlly?

Spritan
View user profile
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:Oh, people must be wondering, why 34FPS.
It's the frames per second I use in my animations nowdays... for DBAF...
It's also the same rate as Proxicide's MK vs SF 3.
I can't explain why Proxicide chose that framerate, but it's a poor choice. It's neither standard or a clean cut number. You should not be practicing with that, let alone expecting others to use it.

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-11-04
View user profile
Yeah, you should be considering the other animators when you choose the frame rate, not just yourself.

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Especially animators here, most of us use 30 FPS.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-12-29
View user profile
@krazzygamer3y2 wrote:. THE V-CAM... IS RESTRICTED FROM THIS COLLAB!

- 34 Frames Per Second.
- Logo or name must be visible in your part.
- Complete files can be uploaded anywhere and posted here or sent by PM.

lol this doesn't even sound fun man...

-Okay the V-cam thing I was cool with because I've animated in paint for most of my life (awesomely I may add Wink )

-The frame rate is...ugly...like it's original but I animate at 25 sometimes 30 fps dude....

Anyways I didn't come here to dog you out I am very disappoint I just think this is more appropriate as a challenge not a collab...

Isn't there a section for challenges or is issuing challenges restricted to mods???

Rushspeeddemon07/Havoctation

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum