Go down
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-06-27

How to do vcam & background synergy? Empty How to do vcam & background synergy?

on 7/20/2013, 1:57 pm
Im animating, and it doesn't matter how long I watch other animations or analyze, I can't figure out how they create a feeling of depth in an animation (with out it being so hard to imitate), by having the background moving slowly with the vcam. Is there some action script needed to make this happen, or do people just eye ball it every time. For example, if the action script would allow me to tween the vcam any direction, and it would make the background tween in a similar fashion but at something like 90% then there would be that sense of depth. If I tween the vcam 100 pixels, it would move the background 90 pixels, If I make the vcam larger, the background will gain 90% of the same size increase. Does what I am asking make sense?
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

How to do vcam & background synergy? Empty Re: How to do vcam & background synergy?

on 7/20/2013, 7:35 pm
yes, it's called parallax.
there's a code for it that i posted some time ago, but still, the method which gives you most control is really doing it by hand. it's kind of boring tho.

here's the thread: https://www.thespritas.com/t2879-background-and-foreground-physics
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

How to do vcam & background synergy? Empty Re: How to do vcam & background synergy?

on 7/20/2013, 8:24 pm
How to do vcam & background synergy? 3189017078 Leo... you again helping and like this, you are truly invaluable, thanks.  I would try to look for things like this myself, but it didn't seem like I had what few words could describe this.  Anyway, this means a lot, again thanks.
Leo
Leo

on 7/20/2013, 8:34 pm
no worries.
and yeah, sometimes i have that problem too. like, i know exactly what it is but i don't know the proper term for it. then 2 months later i find it
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/21/2013, 6:43 pm
Yeah, and I got to admit, this looks a little out of my understanding. I'll try to use this, but I may have a question at some point.
Leo
Leo

on 7/21/2013, 6:45 pm
that's okay. feel free to ask.
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/22/2013, 4:26 pm
Well, Im glad I figured out how to use it and that I didn't immediately go to ask for help at the first instance of confusion... However now, even though I know how it works and how to use it, there is a slight problem. All the animation I have been doing up until now have been in action script 3.0 and from what it seems, it looks like I can only do this parallax in action script 2.0. Is there an easy fix for this, like something that I just have different when I put in the code, or will I have to bring everything down to action script 2.0?
Leo
Leo

on 7/23/2013, 6:32 am
there's no easy fix, i'm afraid. also i never used as3 so i really can't help you there. honestly i'd downgrade to as2 - i'd only use as3 if i was making a game, because otherwise i don't really see the benefits.
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/23/2013, 8:23 am
I expected that, I moved everything over to AS2. Its worth it because now it wont be a pain to give the illusion of depth.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum