Go down
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-06-27

I am having some conflicting/tough ideas Empty I am having some conflicting/tough ideas

on 7/3/2013, 9:01 pm
First I just wanna say that this site is AWESOME, and that everyone has helped me with everything I have asked so far.

I have not put any animations out yet... but I am working on it. I am working on two specific Kirby based characters, and the sooner I get them done, the sooner I can have something for show. Now about the first character I wanna talk about, I am open to allot of ideas, even if I do not apply any one idea that anyone responding with might say, I can safely say that if I like it, I may apply the idea to some other character, even to a completely different series of animation other than this kirby based one.

Ok now to get right to it. The character I have the closest to being completed is a character named light runner. I am not sure if I wanna keep that name, I may change it to light rider or something similar. Here are his powers, he can use light (duh) but he has several different ways he can use light. He can make hard light to defend himself, which is a pane of light that can stay materialized for a certain amount of time (determining by how big it is), I guess the word 'tile' would fit, and it is well near unbreakable. If you played portal 2, you can sorta think of something like that. He will also use these to bounce lasers and to walk on, because he really doesn't have any flying or super jump ability. A way he attacks is when he punches, his fists sorta materialize into light and get sorta fast in a powerful looking way. It will look like that rapid punch that 'smash' kirby can do, from kirby and the amazing mirror except on a larger and sorta more detailed/stylish way. I have ideas of holograms and other uses or ways to manipulate light, but I need some ideas, using just light is kinda hard to be creative (and I don't wanna use lightning, you will see another character of mine have that in a bit) and I would appreciate suggestions and will give credit if any ideas are used.

How ever I have not mentioned the thing that really makes him what he looks like and what really makes him cool. Its this laser shooter, that you have probably seen, except this is gold looking and is sorta the equivalent to batman's belt. He can use it to scan peoples moves, technology and people themselves for info. He can also use it to see through walls. Also when he summons some of those enemies from kirby that are flying orbs that have eyes and shoot lasers, he can see what they see like they are security cameras, he can do all this because he is a mechanic as well and made replicas. I was also wondering if anyone would suggest ideas on appearance because, as cool as a kirby that is light colored and wears a cool gold laser shooting band on his head sounds, it still to me looks to much like a recolor. I would like something that really makes him unique, any suggestions are appreciated. Ill try to post a pic of him on here as he looks now.

The problem I really only have with him, is his lack of moves. Right now, if I were to finalize what I think of him now he would have all those moves that I told you about with light, that would make up half of his fighting style and the other half would be manipulating robotic enemies =/ I don't want him to have to rely on those things though. I think it would be cool for him to summon them from time to time, but I want him to be able to stand his own, without summoning his mech replicas.

NOW, onto a completely different character. I was sorta pathetic making characters in my childhood, but I thought I would grab one I made then, and try to make it work. The problem with my creation back then is that I created three character and completely the same. except one red, one blue and one yellow. Each did however, have unique powers, yellow had all things electricity like lasers, shock stun and lightning, blue had ice, dry ice and water, and red had fire, blue fire and lava. I decided that because they were painfully similar in appearance, that if I were to use them in an animation today, they would all be one unit, but a tag team. Ever played Smash Bros. Brawl as Pokemon trainer? Yeah kinda like that. The only problem is if I make this cannon in my stories, won't this mess up anyone wanting to battle me and to use that character? I mean 3 in one, I don't know if I need to write in that each character that takes place in the battle or who is currently tagged has the built up fatigue of the others because of the tag in and out system. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thats pretty much all I got, and again any ideas on the appearance, powers, or even names on these characters would be nice, and I will give credit to assisting character creation, in the video that introduces them.
Lurfleman
Lurfleman
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-03-08

I am having some conflicting/tough ideas Empty Re: I am having some conflicting/tough ideas

on 7/4/2013, 12:06 am
The light character is relatively interesting. What you could do is, instead of giving him a laser pistol, just let him shoot lasers. since those are basically light anyway. The Mech replicas could 'catch' and 'fire' stored laser charges, making them a little more interesting to work with.  :V Just some ideas though. Might be able to make them explode if they have a charge in them too. Really I'm not sure what to say on an appearance, a utility-belt for the mechanical things would be interesting for a Kirby character. Could give him a scouter or something too.

The Red/Blue/Yello trio could work if you played your cards right, maybe make them linked in some way - like they share a health bar, or they're three parts of the same character. so while it's 3 on 1, they aren't quite as durable as say, if three other kirby FC's tag teamed someone. Bit of a trade off for the tactical advantage of three different simultaneous attackers - or alternatively one, if they just swap out like the Pokemon trainer's pokedudes. Not too sure about appearances on these three sadly.

EDIT: This might go better in Characters too, just saying.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you do end up using any sprites I throw up, please ask me beforehand.
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

I am having some conflicting/tough ideas Empty Re: I am having some conflicting/tough ideas

on 7/4/2013, 12:21 am
Oh dude. I can't tell you how thankful I am for your reply. I felt that because what I put was so long that no one would wanna reply XD any way, I ended up making a new thread to reflect that thought a while ago, here it is if you wanna check it out.
https://www.thespritas.com/t6281-need-kirby-character-design-help#209885
Ok, I am not ignoring what you put, I am really digging the idea of the things holding charges, in fact I think I know what I am going to use it for in way to make hard light get in enemies ways. Am I wrong to assume that when those things hold charges you meant that my character would shoot lasers at his own unit and that unit would absorb and hold the charge? I also like the idea of a scooter, I maybe thinking along the lines of a hover scooter, I think that would be neat.

As for the trio, I think I am going to take from what you said and make him a guy that has three personalities, and when he is in a one on one fight he can change between the other characters during battle. Also each personality is linked with one of the powers. I am also thinking on the three personalities, because it would be nice the idea of splitting them into three different guys just for options, story and combat wise.

I really appreciate your input, I can tell you didn't just give it half thought. These ideas make me feel better about the characters and now I am not tempted to scrap them. Let me know if I can return the favor in anyway =D Ill also link you the video when its finished.
Lurfleman
Lurfleman
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-03-08

on 7/4/2013, 12:31 am
Should we move this to the other topic...?

And you have the charge idea right. Surprised a hover-scooter might be neat. could make it like a surf-board, like something out of back to the future. I do like the three personalities too. though it might be best to keep internal monologues between them to themselves, unless it was plot relevant.

And no need to return the favor. lD S'coo.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you do end up using any sprites I throw up, please ask me beforehand.
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/4/2013, 1:01 am
It doesn't matter to me if the topic stays here or gets moved. However someone had a good point on the other one and I am wondering how to change sections on these threads... And as for the characters, I think the trio guys will be somewhat humorous if the dialogue aimed at other characters besides themselves is chaotic, like you would see bipolar and mood swing responses, I don't think I'll wanna do much internal dialogue. There is nothing wrong with the floating surf board idea, however one could make the argument that we are getting closer to the concept of a warp star. I haven't decided on what I think on that. For now I gtgt bed, I'll sleep on this and let you know what I have tomorrow. Thanks again.
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

on 7/4/2013, 2:06 am
Yeah bro I like Light rider it sounds so cool. And you can probably have him go super fast like at light speed so that would be a good ability to fit him.
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 7/4/2013, 9:03 am
Movin this to characters.

I am having some conflicting/tough ideas Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/4/2013, 9:11 am
@SXR123
Thanks.

@WholenewWorld2000
I thought about that, but I don't want him to be overpowered with him just being wherever he wants at any one time. So I have been experimenting with the idea of him having fixed distances of dashing at the speed of light and maybe a cool down. Thank for the suggestion.
Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

on 7/4/2013, 2:58 pm
@lil sparky wrote:@SXR123
Thanks.

@WholenewWorld2000
I thought about that, but I don't want him to be overpowered with him just being wherever he wants at any one time.  So I have been experimenting with the idea of him having fixed distances of dashing at the speed of light and maybe a cool down.  Thank for the suggestion.
Yeah if you wanna not make him OP, you should just make his light speed a very drastic move that drains much energy from him, and that he can use it when it's his last option.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum