kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Shawn vs Sandbag Empty Shawn vs Sandbag

6/30/2013, 8:54 pm
Hey guys! I'm new at thespritas, and I saw a lot of people use this website as great feedback and improvement so I've decided to upload my first animation here. It's pretty meh, Serious  but it's my first. Oh and my character description

My character's name is Shawn. I named him that because his name stands for "Shadow Spawn" so like Shadow+Spawn=Shawn. Very Happy 

So far I'm still deciding whether I should make Shawn pathetically helpless on his own, or let him have some ability to fight. But yes, as of his power, he can spawn shadow like substance (not entirely shadows so that he can be able to fight in the dark). I thought of it more like an inklike shadowy substance..but whatever. ORlly? 
The point is, Shawn uses his abilitiy to form objects, mostly minions to help him fight. I'm still deciding what moves he should still have and such.

Anyways give me a lot of feedback because I definitely need improvement. It's my first animation so don't murder me or anything okay? Surprised Surprised 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptqkFN7tdms

Here's the video! Razz 

SpritingRulez101
SpritingRulez101
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2012-12-28
https://twitter.com/SpritingRulez11https://www.facebook.com/SptitingRulez101

Shawn vs Sandbag Empty Re: Shawn vs Sandbag

6/30/2013, 9:27 pm
I like this ones powers very unique

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Shawn vs Sandbag 14v7b4j
Lurfleman
Lurfleman
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-03-08

7/1/2013, 12:35 am
Admittedly seeing the clones pop up is neat, but uh. I had to raise an eyebrow when they started shooting hadokens. '-'

It's a good first time flash though. Should work a little on your Kirby's sprites some - saw a few frames where the hair outright vanished mysteriously - but otherwise was decent enough.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you do end up using any sprites I throw up, please ask me beforehand.
kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 8:27 am
@SpritingRulez101 wrote:I like this ones powers very unique

@Lurfleman wrote:Admittedly seeing the clones pop up is neat, but uh. I had to raise an eyebrow when they started shooting hadokens. '-'

It's a good first time flash though. Should work a little on your Kirby's sprites some - saw a few frames where the hair outright vanished mysteriously - but otherwise was decent enough.

Thank you guys! I'll really have to get better at spriting. ^^;
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2012-08-16

7/1/2013, 10:38 am
Why can't I animate this well on my first Flash? And, how the hell do you stretch the sprites like that? When I try it in Flash, they just mess up.

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 10:46 am
@Bradders98 wrote:Why can't I animate this well on my first Flash? And, how the hell do you stretch the sprites like that? When I try it in Flash, they just mess up.

I watched like every single tutorial from Eric (ifureadthisdie) and Derek (spritefan2) and I learned all the basic from them. I took off from there and took advice from different people. As for the stretch sprites, it's pretty simple...you just extend the sprite after clicking on it..or if you want to animate the stretch, you use tweening. I can't really explain well really beacuse I'm still an amateur but you really should check out tutorials. ^^ Very Happy 

Thanks though for the compliment Surprised 
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 2:40 pm
I use tweening! It just makes the sprite move up or down and then just stretches it randomly!
Also, once I've done a battle with Skyesdlimit, I'm so beating the crap out of your FC. Wink

Also, I've watched most of Derek's tutorials, and one of Eric's.

I suppose I am getting better.

kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 2:43 pm
@Bradders98 wrote:I use tweening! It just makes the sprite move up or down and then just stretches it randomly!
Also, once I've done a battle with Skyesdlimit, I'm so beating the crap out of your FC. Wink

Also, I've watched most of Derek's tutorials, and one of Eric's.

I suppose I am getting better.

AIGHT BRUH after I finish my animation and improve my sprite sheet, I'll give you mah stuffs Razz Make it awesome. :3

And I think Derek explained the stretch tween. Razz I don't know how I can explain it D:

But anyway the battle is so on. >w<
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 3:52 pm
Oh, OK. Cheers.
*scurries off to YouTube*

Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

7/1/2013, 6:13 pm
Welcome to the forum! I'm new too so hopefully we learn from each other as we progress as spriters!
Havoctacious
Havoctacious
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-12-29

7/1/2013, 6:44 pm
This is pretty cool welcome here to the spritas and you'll only become a better animator here.

I liked your KFC too I had always considered doing something with shadows just never knew exactly what but the way you used them was really cool. Very Happy

Last edited by Havoctacious on 7/1/2013, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)

Rushspeeddemon07/Havoctation

Shawn vs Sandbag Just_you_and_me_deathstroke_gif_by_xpvtcaboosex-d6hlggs
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

7/1/2013, 8:04 pm
Noob Saibot wins

Shawn vs Sandbag Untitl11
kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 9:15 pm
@D3Anims wrote:Noob Saibot wins

I love this comment. :3 actually to be honest with you, the Idea of Shawn was based on Noob Saibot, Vlad from League Of Legends (I don't play League but I know how Vlad works) Kageyama from Fairy Tail, Chaos 0 from Sonic, and the rest from my ideas. ^^

@Havoctacious wrote:This is pretty cool welcome here to the spritas and you'll only become a better animator here.

I liked your KFC too I had always considered doing something with shadows just never knew exactly what but the way you used them was really cool. Very Happy

Thanks Bruh and I hope my idea does work out throughout my animation career. Very Happy AND of course, I came here definitely to improve. :)

WholenewWorld2000 wrote:Welcome to the forum! I'm new too so hopefully we learn from each other as we progress as spriters!

Yes! We can! Glad to meet you bruh! We shall both learn from each other and progress as spriters. :3
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan

7/2/2013, 12:57 am
WholenewWorld2000 wrote:...hopefully we learn from each other as we progress as spriters!
Not if he's too busy teaching me, that is Wink

xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

7/2/2013, 8:34 am
This guy seems interesting, see my question is: Is he a good or a bad guy? Personally I think he'd make a great bad guy :) and his shadow pool that's under him, can he suck up anything and turn it into a weapon?

Current projects:
Kirbacus vs Hiryo 30% Kirbacus vs Link 50%
Guardian's revenge 40% Rio vs Zeke 10%
Hiryo's Quest 2 10% Special vid 70%
kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/2/2013, 8:48 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:This guy seems interesting, see my question is: Is he a good or a bad guy? Personally I think he'd make a great bad guy :) and his shadow pool that's under him, can he suck up anything and turn it into a weapon?

BAD GUY! Actually I'm working on a project and it's Shawn vs KIRBY!!! Very Happy And the shadow pool under him, yes he can either take people in there, or use it as a weapon. ^^ I'm not so sure about what else it can do yet, but I'll definitely take in some ideas and add more things to him ^^ LIke I may do things where he can spawn like a shadow sword or somnething ^^ (Which will lead me to editing sword kirby sprites and adding top hats and hairdos to all of them Very Happy)
kezzybro2k11
kezzybro2k11
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-09-10

7/2/2013, 10:43 am
I like your style. I have a feeling your skills are going to improve quickly.

kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/2/2013, 10:48 am
@kezzybro2k11 wrote:I like your style. I have a feeling your skills are going to improve quickly.

Ahhhthanks man~!! I really do hope I improve quickly. Really the real sole purpose of me joining this site. Very Happy
kezzybro2k11
kezzybro2k11
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2011-09-10

7/2/2013, 10:50 am
No problem. If you need something like effects, or advice, dont hesitate to ask ok.

kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/2/2013, 10:52 am
@kezzybro2k11 wrote:No problem. If you need something like effects, or advice, dont hesitate to ask ok.

Thanks! I always need effects Surprised Razz ^^

I usually use my MUGEN effects but it wouldn't hurt to take a couple from different people. ^^

Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan

7/2/2013, 11:19 am
MUGEN...
So that's where people get 'em...
So, we have the "Bad Guys" (Shawn and Clutch), the "Good Guys" (Strikeforce Squad) and the "Anti-Heroes" (The Supression Squad - Dodge and *potentially* Regnum)...
This could get interesting...

Thewindyfan
Thewindyfan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-07-01

7/2/2013, 12:34 pm
It's a great animation for being your first, you will get better as you keep animating! Also if you need mugen effects I can also help you with that.
kirby820
kirby820
Spritan
Spritan

7/2/2013, 9:04 pm
So I've recieved numrous ideas and suggestions to improve Shawn's character design and concept and I came to the conclusion that Shawn will be able to fight on his own, and Shawn will also have the ability to spawn shadow weapons and use them in fights. I'll show you guys one of his weapons.

https://i.imgur.com/405ZA1d.png

IT's a sword, how I made it was I took kirby's sword, recolored it, and redesigned the blade to make it look different. IT may have some redesigns. I'm not so sure yet.
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan

7/3/2013, 1:55 am
A sword, eh? Could this lead to a possible rivalry with Jodie?

Lurfleman
Lurfleman
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-03-08

7/3/2013, 4:24 am
Recoloring Kirby's sword is decent enough. If your just generating weapons out of the Aether they don't have to be flashy or extravagant, they're not like KUSANAGI, SWORD OF THE GODSLAYER or anything. So it works.

If you do end up using any sprites I throw up, please ask me beforehand.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum