Go down
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Hey, just asking new guy things. Empty Hey, just asking new guy things.

6/29/2013, 8:29 pm
Is there a place like your inbox except that it would let you know when someone has posted on a forum post that you have posted? Basically I am wondering if I can just get told in some sort of notification if someone posted on a forum that I started without checking it specifically.

I also have no idea how to add people on here, there are some nice people that greeted me when I got here and I would like to stay in touch with them.

Is there anything that I should be aware of? Something that may not be immediately obvious to someone new?

I heard that someone can lock a thread if its been answered fully or something like that, will I have a say in if it is locked?

Thats pretty much it for what I am wondering so far, please let me know if you have answers, and thanks.
Tazzu
Tazzu
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-06-29

Hey, just asking new guy things. Empty Re: Hey, just asking new guy things.

6/29/2013, 9:07 pm
I'm also new here so nice to meet you. To answer your questions if you go to your "profile" tab. Look right above the header and you will see mini sub categories such as: avatar, preferences, friend/foe, etc. Click the friends tab to add someone, and notifications of someone replying should already be checked, a notification is sent to the email you used to sign up with when someone replies to a topic of yours.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, just asking new guy things. Pein-CityofRain
Tazzu
Tazzu
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 9:10 pm
Oh and when checking your email for notifications they may be sent to the "spam or "junk" folder depending on what type of email service you use. Just change the settings to allow the spritas to be a safe source or whatever.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 10:14 pm
Hey thanks for replying. I actually saw, and meant to say it on your intro but i got distracted or something, any way... Welcome to spritas! I'm surprised you got so easily aquatinted with these things on here. It won't hurt if you say no but I was wondering if you would want me to add you on here. It would be nice to relate to someone simply because we are new. Ether way its your choice. I haven't spent that much time on here but I have only nice things to say about it, I even found on here someone linking to a specific place on where you can get swf to html conversion software. I haven't tried it yet, so this will be silly if it doesn't work. You can check it here if you want.
https://www.thespritas.com/t916-swf-to-video-conversion
Hope you like it here, because if this place is as good as its been for me so far, at least I can say for myself, I don't think I'll be leaving this site any time soon.
Tazzu
Tazzu
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 10:21 pm
Definitely man add me up. I've been exploring the site nonstop so I guess that is how I've learned so much haha but I'll check out that link, and same here I do like it also.

lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 10:44 pm
Cool, right now I'm a major Kirby fan and if you end up seeing my animations (when they are finished), they will most likely be under that inspiration. Even though you will probably make animations that relate to Naruto, (Im some what a fan of The series too) let me know if I can encourage you in any way. I gotta tell you, the biggest struggle I have is getting started, but its all fun to me after that. What age did you start animating if you don't mind me asking?
Tazzu
Tazzu
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 10:49 pm
I have trouble getting started also lol but it works out somehow. I started animating around 14. I saw a stick figure animation and my mind was BLOWN LOL so as a result I started with using pivot. Then of course the alvin earthworm animations came around and I moved to flash, been using it ever since. I can't wait to see some of the stuff you put out also, lets help out each other from time to time.

lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 11:01 pm
Sounds awesome! Right now I'm heading to bed... However I'll probably have more questions later about related things. I don't have any animations that I am proud to release yet, but with some new things I've learned, and how incredibly resourceful this place has been, I feel like that will soon no longer be the case. Oh by the way, I have a youtube account that I find easier to message on (even though they keep hiding the inbox)
https://www.youtube.com/user/callmeLilSparky
This will also be the place I intend on uploading.
feel free to post your account (Im assuming you have one)
Because its late where I am, for now Ill be going. So until later, Goodnight.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

6/29/2013, 11:31 pm
Holy crap someone answered most of the questions already...and it was a newbie O_O
Mods and admins can lock threads. We do that if it gets too off topic, the request has been answered/question solved/etc, or if the discussion is simply done. Yeah you can have a say if its locked. If at anytime you want it to be locked just ask and we'll do it.

Hey, just asking new guy things. Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Tazzu
Tazzu
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 11:35 pm
His question has been answered so I'm sure it can be locked now right? We'll continue our discussions in an inbox or something.

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

6/29/2013, 11:37 pm
I'll just wait for him to see if he has anymore questions

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Tazzu
Tazzu
Spritan
Spritan

6/29/2013, 11:41 pm
Alrighty

lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

6/30/2013, 9:51 pm
I was wondering more about how threads are closed. What if there is a misunderstanding at any point, can someone close a thread against my desire? Is this a way to maintain a sort of order on the forums? Or does it work completely different and it only closes when I ask others to close it?
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

6/30/2013, 9:53 pm
I can close the thread whenever I want and so can anyone with a green or red name. Regardless, I usually only lock them by request or if there's a problem.

Hey, just asking new guy things. Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

6/30/2013, 10:16 pm
I understand. Is there a shared desire by the people who own or run this site that they prefer that threads at some point get locked or most of them anyways?
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

7/1/2013, 8:00 am
zzzzz

@lil sparky wrote:Is there a place like your inbox except that it would let you know when someone has posted on a forum post that you have posted?
 Basically I am wondering if I can just get told in some sort of notification if someone posted on a forum that I started without checking it specifically.
Hey, just asking new guy things. 3sx7u

@lil sparky wrote:I also have no idea how to add people on here
its not worth going into

@lil sparky wrote:there are some nice people that greeted me when I got here and I would like to stay in touch with them.
https://www.thespritas.com/h12-inbox

@lil sparky wrote:Is there anything that I should be aware of?  Something that may not be immediately obvious to someone new?
theres a new site coming up soon that will replace this one

@lil sparky wrote:I heard that someone can lock a thread if its been answered fully or something like that, will I have a say in if it is locked?
you can PM a mod/admin asking them to unlock it

Hey, just asking new guy things. Lorde
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 9:41 am
@Sieghart
If there is a new site coming, will all the data on this one be carried over?
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

7/1/2013, 10:15 am
no, we've already talked about this and this (at least as far as i know, correct me if i'm wrong, joey) place will remain as some sort of archive.
lil sparky
lil sparky
Spritan
Spritan

7/1/2013, 1:18 pm
When do they plan to replace it?
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator

7/1/2013, 4:37 pm
@lil sparky wrote:I understand.  Is there a shared desire by the people who own or run this site that they prefer that threads at some point get locked or most of them anyways?
When people get too off topic, though we usually give a warning before hand.
Or obviously if there's drastic/illegal/etc stuff. Though it'll be deleted not locked

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

7/2/2013, 1:28 am
@lil sparky wrote:@Sieghart
If there is a new site coming, will all the data on this one be carried over?
no
@Leo wrote:remain as some sort of archive.
no
@lil sparky wrote:When do they plan to replace it?
whenever i get it finished

Hey, just asking new guy things. Lorde
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum