HoboNoah
HoboNoah
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Characters only? Empty Characters only?

on 5/23/2013, 10:05 pm
So I'm thinking of trying once again to start working on a Kirby Fan-Series I've had in mind for a long time. I feel I can handle most of the character sprites that I'm going to use, but I'm short on tilesets and fitting backgrounds (i've pretty much got everything useful out of spriters-resource as far as the kirby tilesets go). At the very least, before I feel like I can start the alleged "First Episode", I need an Ancient Rome-like tileset to build a viewing balcony for an Arena. I realize this forum is for characters. But it's also, you know, the only thread for sprite resource requests, so I'm posting here anyway.

There's other tilesets I'll probably be needing but, mostly, I'll just need backgrounds. Since it's a Kirby Fan Animation, I'm primarily going to be using Kirby resources. For the time, the biggest thing I need other than that ancient Roman tileset is a big ol' space ship (Not Metaknight's ship), that is, a sprite of the ship itself. Sorry if I'm coming off as useless or too lazy to go sprite hunting. I actually have been looking for a while, I'm just asking if anyone already has some info on a particular game they can direct me to that may have some sprites that meet the description of what I'm asking for.

As for backgrounds... I just need some basic ones. Looping backgrounds would probably be more helpful. I'm just talking good looking backgrounds of generic biomes. A good grassland or light forest background, and something that fits the Kirby Aesthetic, not so much the style, but the depth of the background. Not something like Super Mario World.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help or advice people can give me for this. Thanks.
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Characters only? Empty Re: Characters only?

on 5/23/2013, 10:43 pm
For backgrounds explore here

https://www.thespritas.com/t320-yo-massive-amount-of-backgrounds

Looping BG is easy and every BG can loop. Just turn it horizontally and match it to the original and ta-da! The depth is something you yourself have to add.

As for that Rome stuff, you're gonna have to be more detailed. There are many mini periods in Ancient Rome where architect has changed so...........pics plz?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Characters only? Siglookingassnigga
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

on 5/24/2013, 2:31 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:For backgrounds explore here

Looping BG is easy and every BG can loop. Just turn it horizontally and match it to the original and ta-da! The depth is something you yourself have to add.

As for that Rome stuff, you're gonna have to be more detailed. There are many mini periods in Ancient Rome where architect has changed so...........pics plz?

You can loop every BG in that folder? Some seem "un-loopable" D:
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

on 5/24/2013, 2:35 pm
Mugen has the best bgs guy, use mugen stages

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Characters only? Untitl11
HoboNoah
HoboNoah
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-17

on 5/24/2013, 4:38 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:For backgrounds explore here

I don't have access to the page you linked. And when I mentioned depth, I just meant a detailed background. Like, Kirby Backgrounds compared to Mario backgrounds.

This kind of architecture is what I'm looking for. Preferably tan colored bricks and columns.

Characters only? Ancient-Rome-ancient-history-2798678-500-375

If the Image isn't showing here's a link to it

Last edited by HoboNoah on 5/25/2013, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The Image Disappeared so I'm linking one from my dropbox.)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum