Go down
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 31
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 4/30/2013, 10:04 pm
@D3Anims wrote:
@Face: Do what I did, put a mark on Komics face and voila!!! all is well

LOL dude hes not Komic anymore...that idea could not stand.this one is much better. I can't wait to show you guys.


* Continues to ignore that other guy*

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Untitl15
SXR123
SXR123
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 4/30/2013, 10:07 pm
*sigh*

whatever. We tell people not to recolor and you go and do it.

I don't even know why I bother. oh well, do what you want.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 31
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 4/30/2013, 10:15 pm
Sieghart wrote:
@Face wrote:Species: Demi god
bye
Joey I still want to know whats wrong to with Demi god....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Untitl15
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : Earth

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 4/30/2013, 11:00 pm
Face...Look how good SquirrelKid turned out, even with a recolor (Quote the paint kirby) everyone likes him and warms up to him. Soon you will do the same.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi "A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 259ab217
SXR123
SXR123
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 4/30/2013, 11:08 pm
Sorry but no, that's not the same. besides by that logic all of the kirby's are recolors. Besides, Squirrel kidd editted the sprites, and made plenty of custom things to make his different from the others.

this is a recolor. Quote is a well made edit.

big ass difference.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : Earth

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 4/30/2013, 11:17 pm
Well, in one of his comments he called it a recolor himself, quoting back he said he made it a long time ago, but won't add anything to the design because he thinks it looks good and any other look would be pushing it. But, you know sprite logic more then me and probably Squirrel Kid so I don't know..maybe your right, but maybe if the work he does on the animations is hard enough and he sticks with it, maybe making a little edits this guys could warm up to us.

Edit: Hehe, I'll wait


Last edited by YoshiSonic on 5/1/2013, 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi "A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 259ab217
SXR123
SXR123
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 4/30/2013, 11:38 pm
well this isn't the topic for that.

If Face were to edit this sprite a little, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it. just don't be so lazy as to rip off the games design completely and have the nerve to call it your own character. Giving it a "purpose" as face calls it, doesn't change the fact that the design isn't his.

I'm surprised I actually have to give this kind of speech to a veteran member of The Spritas.

For god sakes look at Mojo! There's a good character! You've got a design going and it was based off of LSW sprites! are his sprites completely customed? (as far as I know) no! they're not! Why can't you do the same with this one? edit his sprites! change something! Changing his colors and calling him yours is not only lazy but it shows you have absolutely no imagination.

C'mon Face. You can do better than this.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : Earth

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:10 am
I completely forgot about Mojo, lol, well I guess Sxr has a valid point Face, you have the up most potential to do greatly with this Demigod, I'm sure his design edit will come to you soon. Good luck.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi "A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 259ab217
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:25 am
I do think you gotta change up the design a bit.

Basically I wouldn't call it a FC even if he were to be badass.
Let's put Kirby as an example. No joke 95% of the Kirby sprite suck dick.

EDIT: To further prove my point. Look at this shit

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Mrole-my-kirby-FC-255118192

Apparently this blue cocksucker can do anything. Man what awesome.

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Llon-My-Newest-Kirby-FC-252191472

Amazing character. He could defeat Asura with a toe I hear?


http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Kirby+sprite+FC&offset=0

DOES THIS NOT PROVE ANYTHING??

If your character is easy to make, there's bound to be 20 more of this guy coming soon.


Aege is a perfect example of a FC.
Mojo is a perfect example of a FC. The effort and aesthetics count. There is only ONE Mojo.
So if I were to take Mojo, make him pink and call him Jojo and made him more badass, wouldn't you be annoyed? That I just shat on your hard efforts with my rejected but amazing recolor?


Recolors are straight up lazy and take no effort at all. Although you get a sheet in 2 seconds there's just no glory in that.

Aside from that, I think you can make this guy way more bad ass from a simple recolor.



Last edited by Mistah_Jayden on 5/1/2013, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Siglookingassnigga
SXR123
SXR123
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:29 am
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:So if I were to take Mojo, make him pink and call him Jojo and made him more badass, wouldn't you be annoyed?

For the record I was going to do this.

but I couldn't find any of your mojo sprites.

it would have been hilarious

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05
Location : Earth

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:39 am
@SXR123 wrote:
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:So if I were to take Mojo, make him pink and call him Jojo and made him more badass, wouldn't you be annoyed?

For the record I was going to do this.

but I couldn't find any of your mojo sprites.

it would have been hilarious

You could of looked at his earlier topics showcasing him, or looked at one of his Mojo videos and Print Screened it then edit it, just takes a little work..

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Dancing-happy-yoshi "A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 259ab217
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 28
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20
Location : I forgot...

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 1:53 am
Wow, cool sprites, I like his look ^.^ Though, giving him some edits wouldn't hurt. I've never seen this sprite before so if u told me u made him, I'd be amazed :O but since u didn't I'd say pull up a chair when u got some time, and think on this one, a character doesn't need to be original to be liked but, a character that anyone could remake easily isn't worth the effort in my opinion. Seems like you've really thought of his powers and all so, It wouldn't hurt to go the extra mile and change his design a bit ^.^ he looks cool, but he'd be way cooler if u made him stand out xD

U got this FACE, don't let me down mang Laughing

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Current projects:
Kirbacus vs Hiryo 30% Kirbacus vs Link 50%
Guardian's revenge 40% Rio vs Zeke 10%
Hiryo's Quest 2 10% Special vid 70%
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 31
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 7:01 am
Ok since I want this Char to be A community Char (used and influenced by All us Spritas) I'll leave it up yo you guys

this was my original Idea

http://www.fileize.com/view/bef611dc-9ad/

I wanted to make the entire sheet like this.then give him out And telling you Edit him as you wish.think of him as A empty paint canvas. get creative with him. rename him. kinda like A spritas wide Art project....kinda like "Animation vs Animator" where you edit And create the char as you like then he comes to life And invade your animations.A very cool concept if you think About it.. but As I was doing this I was wondering What "I" was gonna do with him

first thought...

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Untitl12

any doubt? I love monkeys they are truly Fascinating chars. I was gonna have My ver jump off A steal Mojo's Googles And tail, Assimilating it And Mojo would have to go out to get it back running through My different Animations chasing And fighting him And craziness would ensue but I felt I have been using monkeys too much so I gave him some new color And came up with a new story and decided thats the way I wanted to have him. you Guys are right he is A recolor but thats the point. We are All supposed to recolor/edit him And make him our own char

I came up with many different color schemes

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Untitl13
just to give you guys Ideas.when I release his sheet it will be in black and white (like a comic strip ) you guys can do what ever you want with him he will be like A Spritas project. As for my ver Im constantly editing sprites LOL have you guys seen my sigs Im always updating them because Im always coming up with new idea for him.this very well might not be his final ver thats the fun of this guy and ind spriting in general its only limited to your imagination.And mine is endless.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Untitl15
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 9:29 am
Why not make the monkey version, a type of sage mode or something?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Siglookingassnigga
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 11:35 am
"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Chrono10

Hey guys, this is my new FC Chrono the hedgehog. He has the power to control time! Sonic runs at the speed of sound? Chrono runs at the speed of LIGHT!!! He's strong enough to beat Knuckles in an arm wrestling match, with his pinky! HIS PENIS IS FUCKING MASSIVE. One day Chrono was playing in his garden when the god of Chaos came down to him and told him that he was the chosen one destined to save Mobius. Now Chrono is out to save the world! This motherfucker can go super with ONE EMERALD! THAT'S SIX EMERALDS LESS THAN SEVEN. When he collects all sevben chaos emeralds he can turn into Super-de-duper GOD CHRONO and his power level reaches over nine thousand. GOD CHRONO can travel so fast that he can be everywhere at once! He can destroy planets with a flick of his finger! Now he's training Sonic to become stronger, so one day Sonic can also turn into GOD SONIC! But tehre are doubts if he will ever be able to, because he doesn't match up to the awesomeness that is CHRONO. THE MOTHERFUCKING. HEDGEHOG!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4902
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 11:57 am
^That wasn't even necessary you immature fuck.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:09 pm
His character is a god (Or demi-god, whatever) Making a recolor is one thing, giving them god mode is just... no. Even when I was an immature ten-year-old making shitty Sonic sprites and trying to pass them off as "cool," I knew never to do that, because if you do, you will receive backlash, and the comments will be a lot more "offensive" than what I just posted up there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 27
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:12 pm
Merlow is also a recolour but a GREAT character.

Furthermore, you can consider other characters such as Kratos a demi-god. But he can still get his ass whooped by other characters.

Asura...okay, he's overpowered as fuck. But that's not the point I'm making. xD

The reason he called him a demi-god is what defines his occupation. Just because he's a demi-god doesn't make him overpowered.

despite this Anshar is physically weaker then ALL other deities. his strength is measured slightly Above Average human.

^
What I just read from Face's character's bio reminds me of Wind Waker and Darksiders :3
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:24 pm
Merlow is amazing because he's fucking batshit insane, which is further emphasized by DS's godly animating abilities.

And yes I know I can be very unreasonably biased against fan characters, but even during the days when I was shitting out spiky-haired recolours with leather jackets and jeans or whatever the fuck I was doing, I would still have disliked this, because it's not just an edit, it's a recolor. To most people, it's this shit that gives most spriters a bad name, that "original character do not steal lol" image that has been around for years.

Also, when you say "fan character," do you actually mean fan character, or edit? It's not really a fan character if it has nothing to do with the source - then it's just an edited sprite and no more a fan character than all the Luffy edits I'm seen that have nothing to do with One Piece. I'm not really meaning anything by this btw, just an honest question.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 27
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:32 pm
Merlow is amazing because he's fucking batshit insane, which is further emphasized by DS's godly animating abilities.

DS isn't godly at all. Exorz animates Merlow as well. He makes him more insane than he actually is.

I don't think you can really judge a fan character by its design until he's actually put into fruition through animation. And what the animator actually does with the character. What makes you think Face can't do the same thing?

If DS decided to put Merlow only on here with a bunch of text, what would you say?
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 12:37 pm
Okay sure whatever. At this point I don't really care - you make fan characters, I think they're unoriginal, some people don't, I act like a massive prick, you all call me out for acting like a massive prick, and I look like that much more of a massive prick

I think the problem here is that whenever I see something I disagree with I automatically have to jump in with my point of view every single time, which obviously is not the best way to approach a situation. See: every single Sonic thread I've ever posted in. I'm beginning to think the internet is bad for me...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 27
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07
Location : UK england

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 1:37 pm
Don't get yourself down man.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
avatar
Yeow95
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-01-20

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 2:08 pm
@SXR123 wrote:K then.

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 7etrttX

This is my new character. his name is Edges. He's a top secret hedgehog created by the government to kill sonic. But there was an accident and now Edges has no idea who he is. He meets sonic and learns the way of a hero. He has the ability to fly and shoot lasers from his eyes, he can also wield fire balls.

He is also dating amy rose.

THIS CHARACTER WILL BE AWESOME BECAUSE I SAID SO AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS IT'S BAD DOESN'T MEAN IT IS. IT ISN'T BAD BECAUSE I SAY SO. THIS DESIGN IS IN NO WAY LAZY AT ALL AND I'M TOTALLY NOT RIPPING OFF SOMEONE ELSE'S DESIGN. IT HAS A GOOD BACKGROUND, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. FUCK DESIGNING SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

I'll admit, I laughed.
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 4:13 pm
@BlitznBurst wrote:"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Chrono10

Hey guys, this is my new FC Chrono the hedgehog. He has the power to control time! Sonic runs at the speed of sound? Chrono runs at the speed of LIGHT!!! He's strong enough to beat Knuckles in an arm wrestling match, with his pinky! HIS PENIS IS FUCKING MASSIVE. One day Chrono was playing in his garden when the god of Chaos came down to him and told him that he was the chosen one destined to save Mobius. Now Chrono is out to save the world! This motherfucker can go super with ONE EMERALD! THAT'S SIX EMERALDS LESS THAN SEVEN. When he collects all sevben chaos emeralds he can turn into Super-de-duper GOD CHRONO and his power level reaches over nine thousand. GOD CHRONO can travel so fast that he can be everywhere at once! He can destroy planets with a flick of his finger! Now he's training Sonic to become stronger, so one day Sonic can also turn into GOD SONIC! But tehre are doubts if he will ever be able to, because he doesn't match up to the awesomeness that is CHRONO. THE MOTHERFUCKING. HEDGEHOG!!!!


LMFAO........damn.

@NS01 wrote:Merlow is also a recolour but a GREAT character.

Furthermore, you can consider other characters such as Kratos a demi-god. But he can still get his ass whooped by other characters.

Asura...okay, he's overpowered as fuck. But that's not the point I'm making. xD

The reason he called him a demi-god is what defines his occupation. Just because he's a demi-god doesn't make him overpowered.

despite this Anshar is physically weaker then ALL other deities. his strength is measured slightly Above Average human.

^
What I just read from Face's character's bio reminds me of Wind Waker and Darksiders :3

Merlow isn't a great character. He was a joke, always a joke. DS never took him serious. He made it a recolor just to laugh.
Agreed that once a character is often animated, despite being a shitstain it will be loved and often abused like Excorz and a lot of you do to Merlow.
But shitty effort is still shitty. Merlow doesn't even have a back story because it's a joke.

Demi-Gods aren't all powerful, there are full blown Gods that get their ass whooped...unless they're like Asura who pretty much killed the Buddhism Bible.. shit lmao.

I just think he shouldn't be a recolor that's all.


___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Siglookingassnigga
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 31
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Location : Returned-ed

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Empty Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/1/2013, 4:18 pm
Wow so much Love And hate in one thread but of course the hate comes from the 2 jerkasses on the site. But truly guys you are not understanding the idea here this char is for the most part suppose to be a recolor. hes A blank canvas think of him like "Build A bear" but in this case its Build A Sprite char LOL guys take this char

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Untitl14

recolor him edit him make him your own char, this is like A spritas interactive char. So the Whole "oh hes not yours what if I take him and recolor him A say he's my awesome char now" is laughable cause THATS WHAT I WANT. I want every spritan here to try their hand on him. he is not original but isn't that part of the greatness of sprite Animation...taking a sprite and bending him/it to your will,your imagination. this guy can be ANYTHING you guys want. he is in no way limited to what I made up for him. People are like "Oh you lazy" LOL!I picked this sprite because it IS so simple Anyone can edit him. I came up with that char over night,you guys can make him Anything he can be a good guy a bad guy A vegetable,Animal,Any fucking thing he has no limits because WE AS SPRITAS HAVE NO LIMITS!

@Mistah_Jayden wrote:Why not make the monkey version, a type of sage mode or something?
LOL!! man you are so tempting me. but lets be serious if I went monkey "the complainers" (they know who they are) would still bitch! LOL no I wanted to do something else (story wise) then Ive done in the past. but this char is not done I can do anything with him...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"A new FC has entered the Ring!!" - Page 2 Untitl15
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum