Go down
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Empty MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid??

on 4/10/2013, 7:32 pm
A game that will never see the light of day

footage of another failed megaman game that never was....

here's the story

http://www.screwattack.com/news/canceled-mega-man-fps-discovered-and-was-coming-armature-studios

___________________________________________________________________________________________

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Untitl15
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Empty Re: MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid??

on 4/10/2013, 7:42 pm
Metroid Megaman with cool finishing moves with cutscenes? holy crap why'd that stop

___________________________________________________________________________________________

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/10/2013, 7:53 pm
man,I have no idea,

I hate shooters,more than anything I hate first person shooters.but Id be lying if A said I would not interested in playing this game.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 4/11/2013, 12:55 am
That.

... was the shit.

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

on 4/11/2013, 6:47 am
Even more proof that Capcom hates Megaman.

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? UZ3PNb5
BDB
BDB
Number of posts : 3516
Registration date : 2008-11-04

on 4/11/2013, 10:07 am
They need to stop showing us these canceled games... This doesn't really looks like a Megaman game but would be cool to release anyways.

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 10:13 am
At this point it seems like they're deliberately making and cancelling these games just to say "Fuck you" to the Mega Man fanbase.

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 4/11/2013, 10:44 am
they still release mm games....just not the ones we ask for

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Ichigo10
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2012-12-27

on 4/11/2013, 12:21 pm
exactly. seems as though this would be an amazing game.

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were set ablaze and I had a bucket of water, I'd probably drink it.
Miles4445
Miles4445
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-11

on 4/11/2013, 12:28 pm
i think this might be a bit to hardcore for megamn plus not a big fan of first person shooters megaman is supposed to be a side scroller or just digimon replacing the animals with reploids and navis
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 4/11/2013, 1:26 pm
.....mm came before digi...

and x has always been hardcore, though the newer titles seem to have lessend that.

anyways metroid also started as a platform shooter and went fps in the prime series. it worked out flawlessly really. considering how similar the games are i think an fps mega could work out....but they have to fix his armor it looks like shit. and the gun looks bad too.

supersmashbro
supersmashbro
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2012-11-21

on 4/11/2013, 2:44 pm
Wow.... way to make the whole mm fanbase cry out either "DAFUQ IS DIS HIT?! WHERE IS DEH OLD MEGAMAN" or "THIS WAS THE SHIT! WHY CANCEL IT ;A;"

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Al_vs_Virus-_Coming_2014
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 2:48 pm
seriously I can see the mm fanbase whinnying about how this is not the megaman I know blah blah.......video game fans are the worst fans ever

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 3:13 pm
Because when a game series goes completely against its roots, people will naturally get upset that the series they liked is now completely different. If you're going to change a game completely, the only reason to use the series' name at all is brand recognition. People liked Mega Man because it was a fun, addicting, hard platformer. This is clearly not.

I'm not saying I dislike this - though to be honest I was never much interested in Mega Man at all beyond the first two games - but saying that people who complain about a game taking a drastic change in direction are "unpleasable" is just plain silly. There's making changes, and then there's just completely reforming your character till the only thing left is his name. I can guarantee you that if you took a person who loved Mega Man back in the old days, but was completely uninvolved with the series in the past few years, and showed them this, their first response will be "what the fuck is this shit? Is that Mega Man?" Mario may have had a lot of changes with the jump to 3D, but 64 was still a Mario game at its core. Sonic games may have changed a lot with the jump to 3D, but they still feel like Sonic games (Or, um, SA1 anyway)

Again, I'm not saying I dislike it, but people who do dislike it have every reason to. Change is not bad, but neither is it good. It all depends on what or how radical* the change is.
*Had better word buy forgot what it was

5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 3:16 pm
people always have complaints,

their just skeptical really though. its not every day a franchise makes such a drastic change in its gameplay. some games make it work but others fuck up badly between transitions.

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 3:22 pm
Yeah. Over time people get used to it, but it's pretty shocking when all of a sudden your platformer is now an FPS. I wouldn't know, but I'm willing to bet the reaction to Metroid Prime was pretty negative at first, and look at how that game turned out in the end. Pretty fucking great, in my opinion.

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 4:36 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:bunch of bullshit

Bitch did you just call me silly? Fact is video game fans are the most whinnies, wishy washy, never happy, fans in the history of fans.

it is what it is.

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 5:10 pm
@Face wrote:

Bitch did you just call me silly? Fact is video game fans are the most whinnies, wishy washy, never happy, fans in the history of fans.

Okay, no. Just no. You have this habit of calling everybody who complains about everything "whiny." Complaining about a sudden complete change in direction is not whiny, it's complaining about something you don't like. People will complain about things they don't like.

Why is it that you focus so much on people complaining and completely ignore the people not complaining? It's not the people calling the game bad that are whiny, it's the people whining for stupid reasons that are whiny. Half the people saying it looks bad are saying so for completely logical reasons - i.e. "This plays nothing at all like a Mega Man game" or "This looks incredibly generic." Yes, there are people whining. Yes, there are people making unfair judgements on the game. That does not mean everybody is making whiny, unfair judgements on the game. How dare they not like something. Those bastards.

SO HEY GUYS ABOUT THE ACTUAL GAME WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING ABOUT. At this point Capcom may as well just kill Megaman. It's clear they really do not give a shit about him any more. Every attempt at making a game ends up getting fucked over, and the only good Mega Man appearances in years have been not actually made by Capcom. At this point the only thing Mega Man fans even have to look forward to is a possible Smash Bros appearance, which even I, as a non-Mega Man fan, want badly.

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 4/11/2013, 5:25 pm
If people complained about ti being Megaman then just make it a different character and keep the game. That was awesome

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/11/2013, 6:05 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote: even more bull shit
quit yo bitchin boy. yea people complain, but video game fans are never happy. if you make something new "man I miss the old style" if you make something like the original. "aw man this is so over done" if you change stuff "Ahhhh they are raping my childhood" if you make no changes "Ahhh this is the same shit!!" if you try to get it out fast for the fans "THIS SHIT WAS RUSHED" if you take your time to get in as much as you can "I WAITED FOR THIS BULL SHIT!" if you try to put in things gamers like in other games "FUCKING CLONE" if you do something totally innovative " THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE GAMES I PLAY, THIS NEW SHIT IS BULLSHIT!"

If you release a new game " ewwww this game sucks" if you cancel a game "AHHHH why are you saying fuck your fans???

I promise you the same fans that complain about this game "Not" being released,are the same fans that would say "Ewwww whats this call of duty shit?? this isn't the mega man I know blah blah"

worst fans.....video game fans are the worst.

BDB
BDB
Number of posts : 3516
Registration date : 2008-11-04

on 4/11/2013, 6:26 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:
@Face wrote:

Okay, no. Just no. You have this habit of calling everybody who complains about everything "whiny." Complaining about a sudden complete change in direction is not whiny, it's complaining about something you don't like. People will complain about things they don't like.

Why is it that you focus so much on people complaining and completely ignore the people not complaining? It's not the people calling the game bad that are whiny, it's the people whining for stupid reasons that are whiny. Half the people saying it looks bad are saying so for completely logical reasons - i.e. "This plays nothing at all like a Mega Man game" or "This looks incredibly generic." Yes, there are people whining. Yes, there are people making unfair judgements on the game. That does not mean everybody is making whiny, unfair judgements on the game. How dare they not like something. Those bastards.

SO HEY GUYS ABOUT THE ACTUAL GAME WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING ABOUT. At this point Capcom may as well just kill Megaman. It's clear they really do not give a shit about him any more. Every attempt at making a game ends up getting fucked over, and the only good Mega Man appearances in years have been not actually made by Capcom. At this point the only thing Mega Man fans even have to look forward to is a possible Smash Bros appearance, which even I, as a non-Mega Man fan, want badly.
Lovin' your post lately Very Happy

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 4/11/2013, 6:58 pm
I agree with everything blitz has been saying so far here.

when I watched this I just thought it looked too much like a generic shooter game. The character doesn't look like megaman and when it showed that close up to his face it was all robotic.

I don't know about the story but... I dunno, I have kind of a soft spot for Megaman as he's been there since my childhood (megaman legends anyway, still pissed they cancelled the third game.). and what I see here definitely isn't Megaman.

They're trying WAY too hard to modernize him and are basically doing what SEGA did with Shadow the hedgehog LETZ GIVE HIM GUNZ. SHOW THEM HOW EDGEY OUR CHARACTERZ CAN BEEEE.

it'd be like giving kirby a bazooka.

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

on 4/12/2013, 12:58 am
Eh, Capcom hasn't done anything really moving with the Megaman Franchise. SXR and Blitz has covered why this never seen the light of day. Some people who are fan of Megaman will probably say that this isn't Megaman, but, I myself am I fan of Megaman, and Capcom couldn't have taken this game somewhere good. It was different. FPS wouldn't have been the way to go, though. You're basically forming Megaman's number one attack into a Call of Duty type shooter. You can't help but think of an entire different universe-- say, Call of Duty, yeah lol. It's not right. We know it's not Megaman.

They could have been successful with this game, though. Sonic Adventure and Super Mario 64 proves that you can make a 3D and still maintain it's foundation. Though, you should never make Megaman out to be a first-person shooter to deliver a new curve for the franchise. It never was, and should never be.

MEGAMAN-call of duty/metroid?? Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/12/2013, 2:31 pm
@Face wrote:if you do something totally innovative " THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE GAMES I PLAY, THIS NEW SHIT IS BULLSHIT!"

that sounds like how you feel about the wiiu.....

@SXR123 wrote:They're trying WAY too hard to modernize him and are basically doing what SEGA did with Shadow the hedgehog LETZ GIVE HIM GUNZ. SHOW THEM HOW EDGEY OUR CHARACTERZ CAN BEEEE.

....go play megaman x....he;s been hardcore for a long time and got kiddytized in legends/battle network/starforce, he's had a gun before too(unnoficially but its been on their mind)

@Ping wrote:Though, you should never make Megaman out to be a first-person shooter to deliver a new curve for the franchise. It never was, and should never be.

....dude...go play super metroid...then play metroid prime....then try saying it can't be done

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/12/2013, 2:46 pm
@5h0ck wrote:
@Face wrote:if you do something totally innovative " THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE GAMES I PLAY, THIS NEW SHIT IS BULLSHIT!"

that sounds like how you feel about the wiiu.....
No it doesn't....Honestly I feel you fools disagree with me just for the sake of. I don't dislike "the wiiu" because its some new innovative thing...I just don't like nintendo any more. it no longer appeals to me. I have outgrew nintendo. nothing to do with it being new or whatever....

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum