Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2012-09-03

Goku Vs Janemba Empty Goku Vs Janemba

3/21/2013, 2:20 pm
Yup, someone is coming out with a new set of sprites, so I was "forced" into making an animation since the sprites looked SOOO good! ^.^ however, he only had one stance for each character, so I attempted to create a short fight Very Happy Let me know what ya think! ^.^ Also, I disappeared from animating (Due to College) and have returned with a little bit more experience Razz

Also, take note the fight is finished but it's not the final version.

720P please :)
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Goku Vs Janemba Empty Re: Goku Vs Janemba

3/21/2013, 2:24 pm
LMFAO! You said you were forced XD!! Hey bro. Nice to have you post with an animation. The visual effects are beautifully sweet. Something very new. The aura's looks very different than your common type. After Effects ;D?!

Other than that, the quality of it is superb. By that, I mean the sprite animations, sound, ground effecs, sprite animation, cinematography. It's superb. Well done!! <3

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Goku Vs Janemba Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan

3/21/2013, 4:40 pm
@Ping wrote:LMFAO! You said you were forced XD!! Hey bro. Nice to have you post with an animation. The visual effects are beautifully sweet. Something very new. The aura's looks very different than your common type. After Effects ;D?!

XD Yeah the sprites were THAT good, and yeah i've posted animations in the past but they've faded out to the back of the animations section... XD

I'm glad you like the effects :) yup it's After Effects ;P

@Ping wrote:Other than that, the quality of it is superb. By that, I mean the sprite animations, sound, ground effecs, sprite animation, cinematography. It's superb. Well done!! <3

^.^ Thanks man, I'm really happy that you liked it, means a lot :) The merging of the locations was hard but I guess that and putting in a lot of effort it paid off in the end Very Happy

I've got many more of these short animations coming as he has made many other characters, I've just gotta try to be creative and think of new things, I think the next one might be a bit more on the dramatic side (Gohan and Bojack) I've set up the location, just need to think of how it'll run :)
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

3/21/2013, 6:28 pm
theres only so much you can do with only standing sprites, the effects were really nice but lacked any real feel...it didn't feel powerful, it just felt like it was there...i seem to be the only one who comments on the feel of an animation and uses that in my analysis, but it's something i feel is important.
Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan

3/21/2013, 6:36 pm
@darkdragon581 wrote:theres only so much you can do with only standing sprites, the effects were really nice but lacked any real feel...it didn't feel powerful, it just felt like it was there...i seem to be the only one who comments on the feel of an animation and uses that in my analysis, but it's something i feel is important.

Yeah I agree, feeling is an important, it's very important otherwise you feel detached from the characters. I get what ya mean, Tis only a short animation testing out fighting, the next one (Gohan & Bojack) Will be more dramatic ^.^
darkdragon581
darkdragon581
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2994
Registration date : 2009-12-05

3/21/2013, 7:02 pm
i'll look forward to it, make sure to use more than just a standing pose in that one.
Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan

3/21/2013, 7:18 pm
@darkdragon581 wrote:i'll look forward to it, make sure to use more than just a standing pose in that one.

I won't be able to as they're new sprites and they only have one stance : ( I'll still try to make it good though ^.^
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

3/21/2013, 10:35 pm
I LOL'ed so hard when they clashed but they were just standing there xD, nice effects other than that animation could use a lot though, I feel like if the characters weren't there it'd be the same, like there was no movement.

MAKE EM MOVE! Serious

You seem to have a general understanding of how the program works so, I'd say work on that

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Current projects:
Kirbacus vs Hiryo 30% Kirbacus vs Link 50%
Guardian's revenge 40% Rio vs Zeke 10%
Hiryo's Quest 2 10% Special vid 70%
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/21/2013, 10:56 pm
@Shady Shadow wrote:
@Ping wrote:LMFAO! You said you were forced XD!! Hey bro. Nice to have you post with an animation. The visual effects are beautifully sweet. Something very new. The aura's looks very different than your common type. After Effects ;D?!

XD Yeah the sprites were THAT good, and yeah i've posted animations in the past but they've faded out to the back of the animations section... XD

I'm glad you like the effects :) yup it's After Effects ;P
I see! So with these, you just had to test em out. I like that. Always keeps the vibe of an animation fresh.
@Shady Shadow wrote:
@Ping wrote:Other than that, the quality of it is superb. By that, I mean the sprite animations, sound, ground effecs, sprite animation, cinematography. It's superb. Well done!! <3

^.^ Thanks man, I'm really happy that you liked it, means a lot :) The merging of the locations was hard but I guess that and putting in a lot of effort it paid off in the end Very Happy

I've got many more of these short animations coming as he has made many other characters, I've just gotta try to be creative and think of new things, I think the next one might be a bit more on the dramatic side (Gohan and Bojack) I've set up the location, just need to think of how it'll run :)
It's always going to pay off in the end bro. Even something as with little detail when noticed will pay off. Hard work gives you satisfaction man. When you're dealing with something fresh and new like this, you're doing good to think creatively. It always delivers that fresh feeling of an animation with new sprites. You're doing great bro.
@darkdragon581 wrote:theres only so much you can do with only standing sprites, the effects were really nice but lacked any real feel...it didn't feel powerful, it just felt like it was there...i seem to be the only one who comments on the feel of an animation and uses that in my analysis, but it's something i feel is important.
I think I get what you mean. With there only being a majority of standing sprites in the animation with the use of the effects that stand out, there isn't much to support it them. Like, they can have an influence on the environment. They're remarkably beautiful, though.
@Shady Shadow wrote:

Yeah I agree, feeling is an important, it's very important otherwise you feel detached from the characters. I get what ya mean, Tis only a short animation testing out fighting, the next one (Gohan & Bojack) Will be more dramatic ^.^
A good thing to really connect with the effects is to show an indication of how powerful they are. You can make the ground shake or dent them to see how powerful the effects are, or put in a vigorous camera shake to understand the power of them. Or, you can disrupt the background, or make a scene happen there when the effects to appear. Something to show that the effects are actually there that it has an effect to the enviorment or character. You get what I mean Laughing
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01

3/22/2013, 7:43 pm
I liked the part when they were standing like badasses. Just like it would happen in the show.

Goku Vs Janemba 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/22/2013, 7:58 pm
Lol that's 100% DBZ there.

Goku Vs Janemba Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Nathan-5779
Nathan-5779
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-12-11

3/23/2013, 3:48 am
Awesome man!

the main thing is the main thing!
LiveitBig
LiveitBig
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-11-19

3/26/2013, 11:41 pm
Your animation was limited due to the fact that AB only made standing sprite for SSJ3 Goku, but great animation though.
Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan

3/29/2013, 2:39 pm
@Crazyfilms5000 wrote:I liked the part when they were standing like badasses. Just like it would happen in the show.

XD pure badassery

@Nathan-5779 wrote:Awesome man!

Thanks man!

@LiveitBig wrote:Your animation was limited due to the fact that AB only made standing sprite for SSJ3 Goku, but great animation though.

Thanks dude means a lot to here that Very Happy and yeah I wish he had a whole sheet so that I could make the fight more epic

Check out the new animation! Gohan Vs Bojack Very Happy
SpritingRulez101
SpritingRulez101
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2012-12-28
https://twitter.com/SpritingRulez11https://www.facebook.com/SptitingRulez101

3/29/2013, 7:25 pm
Pretty solid/awesome

Goku Vs Janemba 14v7b4j
Havoctacious
Havoctacious
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-12-29

3/30/2013, 2:43 pm
Wow, dude this was totally amazing but it's missing that unique style

(I say this because it reminds me of most DBZ animations where the characters face each other, fight, some background clashing, sound effects, awesome music)

It's good but it's the same to me try adding more to it so it's not like another DBZ flash battle Very Happy because other then that you really are good. Your effects are impressive along with your character movement too (even with just 1 frame) Keep spriting I hope to see more.

Rushspeeddemon07/Havoctation

Goku Vs Janemba Just_you_and_me_deathstroke_gif_by_xpvtcaboosex-d6hlggs
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum