NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Project Orphanage Empty Project Orphanage

3/8/2013, 2:33 am
Project Orphanage (W.I.P Title)

I have been enjoying a lot of RPG maker games lately. From horror to fantasy to romance to just plain fuckin' weird. (< Play Lisa)

And me and my girlfriend were inspired to come up with our own first game. She has just gone to sleep but I decided to stay up and write down some ideas. I will sleep soon, however, later I will return and add more to the lists. I will also post some custom sprites along the way and downloadable demos for bug and event testing. You guys can be the quality assurance. c;

Here are some ideas I have scraped so far. I will be happy if you could generate more ideas, however, this is what I want in general:

Project Orphanage

Ideas:
> An obese kid who gets bullied in an orphanage
> A group of bullies
> Several kids who had been bullied were mutated or had committed suicide
> Group of bullies have heard about the test subjects and take the obese kid along with them
> Group of bullies get lost in the new area and die one by one (Find them along the way)
> Leaders of orphanage own a secret cult who sacrifice children and become their test subjects
> Free the trapped children, some with timed puzzles or else they'll be killed
> Solve puzzles and mysteries to get around and find your way out
> Avoid or battle the mutated / ghoul children
> Escape the orphanage and call the police (Good ending)
> Get caught and become severely mutated for a test subject (Bad ending)

Game mechanics:
> Pick up junk food items to increase health and stamina burst
> Running too long will make the character become out of breath
> Special chocolate bars collected for an elongated burst of running
> Shiny items signify they're enabled to be collected
> Weapons may be used to kill or hurt the enemies
> Solve physical and mental puzzles, such as riddles, codes and moving objects
> Plenty of cut -scenes

Assets:
> Obese kid sprites
> Sprites of the bullies
> Other antagonists associated with the mystery
> Ghoul and mutated "zombified" kids
> Tiling and background assets for the orphanage
> Tiling and background assets for the test labs
> Creepy and eerie music
> Sound effects such as heart beating, foot-steps, eating, screaming, crying, etc

Right now I am tired, but I will come back and add to the list. <3

BDB
BDB
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 3518
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Project Orphanage Empty Re: Project Orphanage

3/8/2013, 7:24 am
Woah, this sounds like a really original idea! Can't wait to see where this goes .-.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

3/8/2013, 12:12 pm
Ok.

So, here's how it can work.

You're in this huge facility that spreads like, 15 miles wide. It's an orphanage complex, but with modern day shit stuff. The government knows nothing of it, which is pretty ironic, but cool to think of it like that. Mutated kids and bullies burst out killing kids and stuff, things get out of control, all the things you said. It'll be a survival based game. Like, your zombie apocalypse mixed with your Final Fantasy into one awesome RPG game in this bizzare world that creates a new feel in RPG gaming. I dig your mechanics and ideas.

Err
ehrm
uh
k
Ok.
uh damn it seems pretty legit already;p

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Project Orphanage Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

3/8/2013, 12:55 pm
@BDB wrote:Woah, this sounds like a really original idea! Can't wait to see where this goes .-.
Project Orphanage 1bgw

Probably the most original Horror game idea done in RPG so far.

@Ping wrote:Ok.

So, here's how it can work.

You're in this huge facility that spreads like, 15 miles wide. It's an orphanage complex, but with modern day shit stuff. The government knows nothing of it, which is pretty ironic, but cool to think of it like that. Mutated kids and bullies burst out killing kids and stuff, things get out of control, all the things you said. It'll be a survival based game. Like, your zombie apocalypse mixed with your Final Fantasy into one awesome RPG game in this bizzare world that creates a new feel in RPG gaming. I dig your mechanics and ideas.

Err
ehrm
uh
k
Ok.
uh damn it seems pretty legit already;p

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, I see a lot of girl main characters in those RPG horrors. I figured I'd do a badass fat kid. (HOTD ref) xD
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/8/2013, 12:56 pm
Lmaoooooo, I totally thought of High school of the dead. This is going to be amazing.

Project Orphanage Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

3/8/2013, 4:54 pm
This sounds pretty cool. I could never figure out RPG Maker but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to game making in general no matter how simple it apparently is. Although to be honest I don't really try all that hard to actually figure out how to work it. I take one look at it, piss around a bit and decide "nope, too hard.

Guess i'm just lazy like that.

Project Orphanage UZ3PNb5
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

3/8/2013, 5:38 pm
I have a lot of experience with rpg maker (although i VASTLY prefer XP, not sure what version you're using) so feel free to ask me any questions about the program.

I also recently decided to go back to it and we could collaborate at some point.
c:

Project Orphanage Lorde
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

3/8/2013, 6:02 pm
Sieghart wrote:I have a lot of experience with rpg maker (although i VASTLY prefer XP, not sure what version you're using) so feel free to ask me any questions about the program.

I also recently decided to go back to it and we could collaborate at some point.
c:

A-Are you being n-nice?

Because it's freaking me out. :c

Anyway, sure, I'd love to collaborate, however I'm still just a newbie (Using VX Ace). I decided to go with the latest version, I have no experience in RPG Maker.
But I'm definitely coming to you if I have any problems. :3
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

3/8/2013, 6:05 pm
Oh god I hate VX.
I haven't tried out VX Ace but I hate VX so much that there's no way Ace could salvage it.
Anyways, imo XP is better because there's a HUGE list of scripts available for it, and not to mention the default sprites that come with it are simply amazing.

Project Orphanage Lorde
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

3/8/2013, 9:53 pm
VX is so horrifying...

XP is the best man.
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan

3/8/2013, 10:04 pm
VX Ace > VX Razz

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

3/8/2013, 10:05 pm
But, if you and Joey collaborated, that would be awesome.

Do it!
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

3/9/2013, 3:39 pm
Go forth and make greatness, you two!

Project Orphanage Ping10
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum