Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03

The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 5:28 pm
The noodle appendages of the Spaghetti monster all created us

there is no need for debates in the spectrum of life.

We are created through and at the same time we are him.
BDB
BDB
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 3518
Registration date : 2008-11-04

2/23/2013, 6:01 pm
@Leaf wrote:
@Ping wrote:Yep. I believe that God is our creator. Don't believe in no evolution
I believe that God is our creator, but evolution is real. God made us and the basic animals and objects of the world. Eventually everything needed to advance in their capabilities and adapt to their environments since the world was changing, so God slowly changed everything through a bunch of generations. For example, giraffes started off as horses, but trees started getting taller, so God made it so that their necks would get longer with the trees so they wouldn't starve.
Something or someone has to have created everything, and that could be the image to the name God. God could be some alien that spit bacteria into a rock and that crashed onto Earth. The whole horses to giraffe thing is more of a way species adapt to live over a long period of time, I'm assuming on our own.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

2/23/2013, 6:47 pm
BDBstriker wrote:Something or someone has to have created everything, and that could be the image to the name God. God could be some alien that spit bacteria into a rock and that crashed onto Earth. The whole horses to giraffe thing is more of a way species adapt to live over a long period of time, I'm assuming on our own.
Can I buy some pot from you

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Lorde
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 20161
Registration date : 2010-09-15

2/23/2013, 7:54 pm
Well, see, Catholics mostly preach by doctrines. Their teachings aren't even relevant or directly from the bible. Matthew 15 talks about how the pharisees did this, even though they claimed to worship God.

With me, my congregation examines the bible. It doesn't really say that you'll go to hell based on how you live your life. God wouldn't want his worshipers to do that. I mean, the back in Moses days, God gave the Israelites the ten commandments to follow by, but they disobeyed. Now, we don't have to live by any commandments except of being a Christian, which is being Christ like, and following his example he left during his time on earth, and doing God's will.
I could back all this up scripturally if you'd like me too : ).

The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

2/23/2013, 8:16 pm
"If you forsake the LORD, he will turn and bring disaster on you and make an end of you, after he has been good to you."

The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 8:26 pm
@Ping wrote:Well, see, Catholics mostly preach by doctrines
Not relevant

@Ping wrote:I mean, the back in Moses days, God gave the Israelites the ten commandments to follow by, but they disobeyed. Now, we don't have to live by any commandments except of being a Christian, which is being Christ like
I hope you realize you know nothing of what you're talking about

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/23/2013, 8:42 pm
No. You mean, you just don't know what I'm talking about. I know many people who disagree with Catholic teachings simply because they don't either make sense or they're hypocrites. That saying was going towards what Blitz said.
So.. stfu.

As for that second quote, Patt was saying we live by free will. We don't have to worship God. Back in the day, or you can read in Exodus Chapter 20, God gave a law to Israel, since he was their King. Disobedience was a violation of the laws he gave, or an offense against the head of religion, God.
My point is, we don't even live by that anymore. We can either choose to worship God or not.
All of the above, what I had to say really had nothing to do with what you said.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

2/23/2013, 8:44 pm
@SXR123 wrote:"If you forsake the LORD, he will turn and bring disaster on you and make an end of you, after he has been good to you."

So what verse is that? Because I'm pretty sure if you look around and actually read that in context it sounds NOTHING like it does outside of context.

Actually, I'll go ahead and look it up for you. The verse you just quoted is Joshua 24: 20.

So first of all, you left out a bit of information in your quote there. The actual quote is like so:

"If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, he will turn and bring disaster on you and make an end of you, after he has been good to you."

And if you actually read the chapter then you'll see that Joshua is talking to the Jews. I believe this is when the Jews have been delivered back to Israel and Joshua is speaking to them about not worshiping false gods from the other races (Canannites, Jebusites, etc.) of that time. You see, at this time God had delivered the Jews to their Promised Land, Israel, like He promised He would. So basically Joshua is warning the Jews (because you know, if you read the Bible, that they mess up pretty often) that if they forget about God (after He just brought them to Israel) and start worshiping other false gods then they will not have a fun time.

So not only is Joshua speaking primarily the Jews during this time, he is just giving them a warning.

Lrn2ReadInContext
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/23/2013, 8:45 pm
^ Nice job Rapid. I like that you examine the scriptures as well. A lot of people put them out of context. You and I should definitely discuss the bible.

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 8:46 pm
"love me. If you love someone else, I smite you."

is pretty much what he's saying.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 8:51 pm
@Ping wrote:
That saying was going towards what Blitz said.
So.. stfu.
The Conversation Thread - Page 4 298016

@Ping wrote:As for that second quote, Patt was saying we live by free will. We don't have to worship God. Back in the day, or you can read in Exodus Chapter 20, God gave a law to Israel, since he was their King. Disobedience was a violation of the laws he gave, or an offense against the head of religion, God.
My point is, we don't even live by that anymore. We can either choose to worship God or not
You know you have a bad habit of diverting the point completely, anyways you said that you had to follow the commandment about being Christian.
There is no commandment about being Christian, Jesus didn't even exist at that point in time yet.
Hence why I said: you didn't know what you were talking about.

Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

2/23/2013, 8:55 pm
momentary break in discussion: Inmortalkid posted earlier today and i had a flashback to when he was active xD

Sword Gradients with Leaf c:
The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Awkwar10
The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Pikach11
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

2/23/2013, 9:01 pm
@SXR123 wrote:"love me. If you love someone else, I smite you."
This is basically your husband/wife. They'd basically do the same thing.
and again you should post entire chapters and not just individual verses cuz anything would sound bad without context

The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 9:03 pm
@Leaf wrote:momentary break in discussion: Inmortalkid posted earlier today and i had a flashback to when he was active xD
LINK
I LOVE THAT GUY MAN

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

2/23/2013, 9:07 pm
Sieghart wrote:
@Leaf wrote:momentary break in discussion: Inmortalkid posted earlier today and i had a flashback to when he was active xD
LINK
I LOVE THAT GUY MAN
my nostalgia senses are tingling ;~;

The Conversation Thread - Page 4 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/23/2013, 9:12 pm
What I meant was, as Jesus followers of Jesus it's right to practice his examples and teachings he gave his disciples. Us believing in Jesus and following him, we are his disciples. Bible writers back then addressed followers of Christ as disciples, you know.

As for being Christian, Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and continually follow me." I'm sure you know that in order to be a christian, you have to be go through water baptism.

In Matthew 28:19 and 20, tells his disciples, "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the holy spirit. 29 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." Jesus said this to his disciples after he was resurrected after his death.
I'm don't know how you interpret all of that, but that is what I meant.

v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 9:18 pm
@Ping wrote:What I meant was, as Jesus followers of Jesus it's right to practice his examples and teachings he gave his disciples. Us believing in Jesus and following him, we are his disciples. Bible writers back then addressed followers of Christ as disciples, you know.

As for being Christian, Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, "If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and continually follow me." I'm sure you know that in order to be a christian, you have to be go through water baptism.

In Matthew 28:19 and 20, tells his disciples, "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the holy spirit. 29 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." Jesus said this to his disciples after he was resurrected after his death.
I'm don't know how you interpret all of that, but that is what I meant.
Was this response directed to me or no

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/23/2013, 9:19 pm
Of course. Rip me off however you'd like. : ).

Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

2/23/2013, 9:24 pm
@SXR123 wrote:"love me. If you love someone else, I smite you."

NO. NO. NO.

The Bible literally says in John 3:16.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son [Jesus], that whoever believes in Him [Jesus] shall not perish but have everlasting life."

With that, you literally don't even have to necessarily like God, you merely need to believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 9:25 pm
Ok well
All I said was that the ten commandments say nothing about following Christianity
Then you give me some textwall about why we should be Christ-like
so
yeah
hi
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:only Son
Does that make us all his daughters?
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
No, he died on the cross for Christian's sins.
If he died for my sins and I'm not going to receive his salvation, then he didn't really die for my sins then, did he?

Last edited by Sieghart on 2/23/2013, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

2/23/2013, 9:26 pm
I guess I started something bad.
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 9:28 pm
@Patt wrote:I guess I started something bad.
You made a religious textwall on the conversation thread and expected nothing to come out of it?
Oh patt.

Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan

2/23/2013, 9:30 pm
It's not only just that, Rapid.

James 2:24 and 26.
You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone. Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

You can't just say I believe in Jesus and think you'll be granted everlasting life. In fact, in that same Bible book, John wrote this, in the words of Jesus himself, in John 17:3
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you the on whome you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Damn you don't you ignore me again.

Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13142
Registration date : 2009-03-28

2/23/2013, 9:31 pm
Guess you're right.
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

2/23/2013, 9:31 pm
@Patt wrote:I guess I started something bad.

I'm glad you did. I love debates. It's fun to argue.

also, haven't I brought up before that god is god, so the fact that he gave up his only son when he could make as many sons as he'd like isn't really much of a sacrifice? Not only that... but why should I put jesus over every other person who has sacrificed themselves for others?

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum