The Conversation Thread

+30
Gamer_SSU
Double0Epic
SpritingRulez101
SoarKrieg
darkdragon581
NS01
ShoopDaWhoop
Zehari
ANIME SPRITER7.4
Saul
5h0ck
YoshiSonic
Leaf
Patt
Face
Luigiman364
Knux
Acid
Leo
Ping
v2
Ray*~*Ler
BlitznBurst
supersmashbro
SXR123
BDB
SᗡN
Granadico
Toxic
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
34 posters
Go down
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 27
Number of posts : 11610
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:29 pm
oh I don't know... MAKE him believe in you? You know, use that omnipotent power and do something to show that you exist?

Secondly, he's fucking god. He could make a whole new plane for people who don't believe in him to live in. They shouldn't have to suffer because they don't believe in him.

Seems like an unfair trade if you ask me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:29 pm
@Patt wrote:God exists because:

- he just does.

There can be no explanation, just theory. Much like scientists and their theories.

Well that certainly changed my mind.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
avatar
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 13123
Registration date : 2009-03-28

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:32 pm
@SXR123 wrote:oh I don't know... MAKE him believe in you? You know, use that omnipotent power and do something to show that you exist?

Secondly, he's fucking god. He could make a whole new plane for people who don't believe in him to live in. They shouldn't have to suffer because they don't believe in him.

Seems like an unfair trade if you ask me.
The way I see it, if he made us all believe in him, then there wouldn't be any free-will at all, and there would never been the choice of decided how you want to live your life, being fair, he lets you choose.

In the end of course, you either live in a beautiful palace, or you live in whatever Hell may be. There is a third place, it's Earth, while here, you decide where you want to finish. You can't be here forever. Wink

And, yeah, my argument, is a fallacy, sorry.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:33 pm
@SXR123 wrote:So it's either love me, or I send you out into the firey rages of hell to burn and suffer for all eternity.

Gee, that's totally and COMPLETELY fair.
He's actually pretty damn easy going on people. I mean the guy who was being crucified with Jesus was like a murderer or rapist or something, and all he said was that he believes Jesus was the son of god, and he was able to go to heaven with him. He didn't even ask for forgiveness he just believed in him when no one else did. Probably years of doing sins vs one sentence, and he goes to heaven? pretty good deal.
anyway, i alays liked the idea of Purgatory. I mean good people who didn't believe shouldn't suffer, they shouldn't get the heaven treatment but still they didnt' do anything wrong.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Ping
Ping
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 20144
Registration date : 2010-09-15
Location : Madison Wisconsin

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:36 pm
Yep. I believe that God is our creator. Don't believe in no evolution.

plus his true word is the bible itself, where the scriptures are inspired of him. 2 Timothy 3:16, and a good scripture is Isaiah 45:18.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Ping10
@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
avatar
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 13123
Registration date : 2009-03-28

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:37 pm
@Ping wrote:Yep. I believe that God is our creator. Don't believe in no evolution.

plus his true word is the bible itself, where the scriptures are inspired of him. 2 Timothy 3:16, and a good scripture is Isaiah 45:18.
WHY DID YOU JUST NOW GET ONLINE. I'M JUST ABOUT TO LEAVE. :C
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 27
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:38 pm
SXR, this is directed toward you, also this is merely my opinion so don't take it to heart if you don't wanna.

SXR, If I recall correctly you were Catholic before you turned to atheism. I had asked Patt if he was nondenominational because I was thinking he was Catholic as well, but I was wrong. Anyways, I wanted to compare the practices that Catholic people undertake because as I see it Catholics usually have very far-fetched ideas and practices. (I feel bad for saying it like that because it's pretty judgmental, but many Catholic peers I have spoken to have informed me of the silly practices they do and as a result of their far-fetched ideology many Catholics around my age become Atheists).
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:40 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Catholics usually have very far-fetched ideas and practices. (I feel bad for saying it like that because it's pretty judgmental, but many Catholic peers I have spoken to have informed me of the silly practices they do and as a result of their far-fetched ideology many Catholics around my age become Atheists).
Can you give specific examples?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:46 pm
I agree with SXR, it's bullshit that if you don't believe in God you're sent to hell. You're telling me that the wise and kind Buddha deserved to go to Hell for not believing in our all-powerful deity? The kindhearted people who've done good all their lives get to rot in hell while the murderers and the rapists get into Heaven simply for believing in God? And that's supposed to be fair?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
avatar
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 13123
Registration date : 2009-03-28

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:48 pm
Buddha has it easy in Hell. His mind is free of care, and loving it in nirvana.

I mean, I can agree, but if I were God, I wouldn't want people living in my house if they don't believe in me.
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 27
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:55 pm
@Granadico wrote:
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Catholics usually have very far-fetched ideas and practices. (I feel bad for saying it like that because it's pretty judgmental, but many Catholic peers I have spoken to have informed me of the silly practices they do and as a result of their far-fetched ideology many Catholics around my age become Atheists).
Can you give specific examples?

Sure, but first lemme say that what I said was a huge over generalization. Obviously not all Catholics think this way and it might be different for Catholics of different states, but most Catholic believe what I am about to type out.

Yes, things like no watching Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh because it was of the devil because of the creatures were demons.

The idea that you MUST and absolutely MUST read the bible every night or something or else go to Hell.

The idea all Gays are pedophiles or all Athiests are evil, etc.

The idea that you can actually be a better Christian than someone else.

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head but there are more...
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 3:58 pm
Except for that third one i've never heard of that O_o

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 27
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:04 pm
I've had a Catholic friend of mine say "I am a super Christian, you're just a regular one."

I was like "WTF, how does that even make any kinds of sense?"
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 27
Number of posts : 11610
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:06 pm
Rapid let me rephrase what I meant when I said I was catholic.

When I said I was a catholic, I mean that I was a catholic at the very VERY least. I did none of what they did, I barely even went to church. I was essentially atheist even before finally admitting to myself that I was. The thing I found annoying about being a catholic is the fact that everything they do is SUPER strict, it's literally NO fun at all. The church was the worst part.

I became an atheist because I don't believe in a god that let's people suffer and only helps those who beg him to help really exists. and if he does, well then fuck him, he's a prick. I don't want to worship someone who only helps someone who asks.

I go by the way of a hero. A hero helps you whether or not you want them to. A hero helps people he doesn't know, he doesn't need to be asked. He just does it. THAT'S what I want a god to be. Not one who sits back and expects people to believe in him because of stories that happened two thousand years ago. I was inspired by the hero's I grew up with. Goku, sonic, hell even mario. They're all five times better than what god is, if he exists. You can call me childish, I won't care, I admire a hero, not the christian god.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:08 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:I've had a Catholic friend of mine say "I am a super Christian, you're just a regular one."

I was like "WTF, how does that even make any kinds of sense?"
I'm pretty sure the more "super christian" you are the less arrogant and asshole-y you'd be, otherwise the Pope would be the biggest dick on the planet.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:14 pm
God being a massive asshole really has nothing to do with him existing. It's not the idea of a great all-powerful deity creating us that bothers me, it's all the beliefs that are associated with it. Going to Heaven or Hell depending on how you act in life, Jesus being God's son, all these beliefs that Christians claim are evil, there are so many things about Christianity that I disagree with so much. Even if I did believe in God, I would refuse to call myself a Christian, because I just cannot agree with any of their beliefs. I do good things because I want to do nice things, not because God will punish me if I don't. All that shows is that I have the morality of a five-year-old who can't grasp what's right or wrong, only that they get in trouble if they do something bad.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 27
Number of posts : 11610
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:21 pm
I know, but him being an asshole is WHY I believe he doesn't exist.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 25
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17
Location : your girls DMs

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:25 pm
@Patt wrote:God exists because:

- he just does.
Compelling argument.
I agree whore-heartedly.
@Ping wrote:Yep. I believe that God is our creator. Don't believe in no evolution
1) Double negative
2) The two aren't mutually exclusive
Evolution and the big bang theory aren't atheist-exclusive beliefs for how the universe came to be.
The big bang theory was made by a catholic guy and a lot of Christians believe in evolution v.s. that name for whatever it is you call it when you believe god made everything


Last edited by Sieghart on 2/23/2013, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Lorde
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 109
Number of posts : 5122
Registration date : 2010-10-03
Location : Guess

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:27 pm
NIGGAS STFU

FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER KNOWS ALL

nuff said
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:28 pm
May you all be touched by his noodly appendage.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 25
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17
Location : your girls DMs

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:29 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:May you all be touched by his noodly appendage.
R'amen my brother.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Lorde
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 109
Number of posts : 5122
Registration date : 2010-10-03
Location : Guess

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:33 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:May you all be touched by his noodly appendage.

Preach to the lord


excerpt from the spaghetti book of Revelations

"Thou monster was created from the entity of nothingness

and thou pronounced the world would be created with a bang

a "big bang"....."

Revelation (6:6)
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
Location : skype lol
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:48 pm
@Ping wrote:Yep. I believe that God is our creator. Don't believe in no evolution
I believe that God is our creator, but evolution is real. God made us and the basic animals and objects of the world. Eventually everything needed to advance in their capabilities and adapt to their environments since the world was changing, so God slowly changed everything through a bunch of generations. For example, giraffes started off as horses, but trees started getting taller, so God made it so that their necks would get longer with the trees so they wouldn't starve.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sword Gradients with Leaf c:
The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Awkwar10
The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Pikach11
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 4:57 pm
It's not like the Big Bang, where all we have is small amounts of evidence that lead us to different theories. It's pretty much been proven that evolution is real.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 12925
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

2/23/2013, 5:25 pm
@Leaf wrote:
@Ping wrote:Yep. I believe that God is our creator. Don't believe in no evolution
I believe that God is our creator, but evolution is real. God made us and the basic animals and objects of the world. Eventually everything needed to advance in their capabilities and adapt to their environments since the world was changing, so God slowly changed everything through a bunch of generations. For example, giraffes started off as horses, but trees started getting taller, so God made it so that their necks would get longer with the trees so they wouldn't starve.
i'm kinda with you on that. I mean what if he just made all the animals in order of the evolution, basing each one off the last?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum