DDF Intro 1 Empty DDF Intro 1

1/15/2013, 5:45 pm
DDF's Intro 1 YT version
DDF's Intro 1 DA version

Hello minions~
:3
I wanted to make an intro for the new year, so here it is~
It uses music I made myself on my keyboard too~
Yeah, it's really late. Had a few conversion issue's and tests and then just decided to upload it like this.

Yep, it's an intro with all my Fources, the character's I made for my friends, plus Kyo-chan's new character and a good friend of mine's character~

I made a story to the intro too. Just a small simple one. That we had survived the apocalypse of the 21st, and about to celebrate the victory with the new year~

Next time I'll try to make it shorter.
And try to come up with a better sig/watermark.
The intro will also be slightly improved for when I actually use it~
But any CnC is accepted.

~~~Credits~~~
Music was made by me~
No official name, so let's just call it 'DDF's Theme' for now~
Maple Story sprites belong to Nexon.
Special thanks to PBG for the mist effects~
They went wonderfully with my 'Galactic Mist' idea~
And special thanks to Kyo-chan for the V-cam~
~~~Credits~~~

___________________________________________________________________________________________

DDF Intro 1 The5_Fources_Calling_Cards
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17

DDF Intro 1 Empty Re: DDF Intro 1

1/15/2013, 10:02 pm
I like the scenery, but its kinda boring to watch.
More movement among all the characters would make it much better
Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13141
Registration date : 2009-03-28

1/15/2013, 10:14 pm
As he said, the scenery is nice, the music fits in well, the moon was a nice touch, however, so many characters, yet no movement. So bland, so ordinary and plain. You can either use less characters and add more movements, or at least animate SOMETHING.

If you had just used like four or five characters and making them act normal, probably animate them talking (without using text boxes, just emulating as if they were speaking), or possibly walking, or running, even pacing. Something to add life to the animation. Imagine if the characters in Mario Sunshine had no interaction at all, that would be so boring, and plain. That is what I just watched.

Also, I'm suggesting using less characters because if there are so many characters moving then it would just look extremely cluttered. If it is extremely cluttered, then it will probably look even worse than it is now. Play with the illusions, it is hard for us to keep attentive to more than one thing at a time. If you're able to stimulate us and use four or five characters it will look very appealing, and life-like. If you use as many as you are there, all moving, then our eyes would be confused and it will look nasty.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

DDF Intro 1 Purple11

[The Return]
DFDimentioGuy
DFDimentioGuy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-04-25

1/15/2013, 11:41 pm
@Patt
Aha, yeah. More character movements was something I planned to add in next time. I didn't think it looked so bland without it though, thanks.

Okay, those are some good ideas~
So what if I kept the same amount of characters, but I had only some pacing/talking to each other, and some with simple eye and body movements? That way, all the characters look alive, but your focus isn't spread out too much, right?

Oh, and some of the SSs aren't done, which is why I resorted to not having much movement in most of the characters.

Knux, Patt, thanks again for the CnC~

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

1/16/2013, 5:44 am
I saw that you said you wanted to make it shorter, here's an idea. You use the same general idea, though an intro doesn't have to be like 30 seconds long, that's kind of a big chunk out of your actual animating time. (Think about it, you don't want to make like a 1 minute animation, and have 30 seconds be an intro, and only 1 minute of actual animation. So you would have to make a lot more in the animation for the distribution seem even.)

A way to cut this down probably would be to fade from the black as you had. Instead of showing 'Happy New Year's' here, just show the back city part, like in your sig. Hopefully, your city in the back and the sky background are in two different layers, so you can focus on your moon coming from behind the city, going over. Using that and the first chime, it would sound and look beautiful. You would need to animate the arc well, and focus on the changing of light. Since those three things would be the only thing in that frame, it would make the audience intrigued to know what's going on.

Now, if you want to scroll by couple characters, you can, but the blue/purple bar at the bottom makes it difficult to see some of your characters. So just hide that a little, or lower it more it is no longer in the way. Now, you can animate a couple of the characters living, and some making some smaller movements. This is okay, as long as no one is stationary. Also, another thing you should do, don't make it look so flat. Change the sizes of them, give your animation some depth, this would be the perfect place to utilize that. Especially since your background has some areas that are not exactly all on a 2D plane.

For the next few chimes, you can continue zooming in on certain characters, but remember, they have to have some movements.

I liked the synchronization on your name and the song, but after that part, the music effect part and all that, it could be shortened.

Anyways, these are just random ideas I think you could use, you don't have to do any of that, just realize that you should try and mix it up just a little bit. A 30 second intro is a little long for sprite animations, and it would only seem fitting in a 5-7 minute animation. Therefore, leading the total recording time to 7 minutes and 30 seconds. Like I said, you don't have to follow all that I said, but just some food for thought. Try to add in depth, or shorten it. It will make it much more appealing, and gives a very nice first impression to the audience watching it.

DDF Intro 1 Purple11

[The Return]
DFDimentioGuy
DFDimentioGuy
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-04-25

1/17/2013, 7:23 pm
@Patt
Wow, yeah. Thanks for the advice~

I'll try to implement some of those when I improve the video.
And yeah, it's long. o_o
I don't want to shorten it because it would mean cutting of the music I made for it.
However I'll make sure to make the next one no longer than 15 seconds.

Thanks again~

Patt
Patt
Administrator
Administrator

1/17/2013, 8:23 pm
Trust me, add those things, and this intro would look very nice. Glad too help. ^^

DDF Intro 1 Purple11

[The Return]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum