Go down
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/15/2014, 6:40 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Blue22 wrote:Doesn't the game always let you record your battles when they're done?

Yes, we should be able to save the battle once it's over.

This is done through the VS Recorder. We can save up to 100 vids so we should be fine. Once they're saved we can upload them too.
That is the sexiest thing i've ever seen

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
SXR123
SXR123
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/15/2014, 8:02 pm

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4901
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/15/2014, 8:19 pm
@Granadico wrote:
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Blue22 wrote:Doesn't the game always let you record your battles when they're done?

Yes, we should be able to save the battle once it's over.

This is done through the VS Recorder. We can save up to 100 vids so we should be fine. Once they're saved we can upload them too.
That is the sexiest thing i've ever seen

Yeah, it's pretty nice! Btw, granny how come you don't like competitive? It is time consuming but it opens up the game a lot more IMO and it's still enjoyable to play casually, at least that's how it was for me.


That was terribad lmao


I have a really good showdown team.
I WILL FUCK ALL OF YOU UP!

Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/15/2014, 9:44 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Granadico wrote:
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Blue22 wrote:Doesn't the game always let you record your battles when they're done?

Yes, we should be able to save the battle once it's over.

This is done through the VS Recorder. We can save up to 100 vids so we should be fine. Once they're saved we can upload them too.
That is the sexiest thing i've ever seen
The same reason i don't like competitive chess. People usually aren't very original, they look up the best move sets and and pokemon and teams and just impliment that, and don't come up with stuff on their own.
I used to be in chess club in middlel school (yes i'm that nerdy) and i would whoop everyone when it started, everyone knew how to play but no one knew any strategies or anyting, everyone did their own thing. Couple weeks go by and people got books and watched videos and stuff of techniques/strategies/move sets, and it got boring. No one tried anymore, it was just who could memorize the most/best combos.
That directly applies to this. People just look up guides and stuff, and just do what they say. Its not fun to me. I'm sure its fun to some people, and that's fine, but its just not for me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
ANIME SPRITER7.4
ANIME SPRITER7.4
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 24
Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2011-12-10
Location : inside a 2 dimensional world

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/15/2014, 10:03 pm
ehhhh i was in the chess club too. i've always played it for the competition and never looked up moves. i got bored of it and started playing shogi.

i never look up move pools for my pokemon or teams. i just go with the flow and pick up pokemon that look cute. not to tough cause it might make my oppenont forfeit the match and we wouldn't want that would we. my team will always carry an attacker, tank and support.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Fc: 4184-3289-5900
POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 SinisterSmile
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4901
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/15/2014, 10:20 pm
@Granadico wrote:
The same reason i don't like competitive chess. People usually aren't very original, they look up the best move sets and and pokemon and teams and just impliment that, and don't come up with stuff on their own.
I used to be in chess club in middlel school (yes i'm that nerdy) and i would whoop everyone when it started, everyone knew how to play but no one knew any strategies or anyting, everyone did their own thing. Couple weeks go by and people got books and watched videos and stuff of techniques/strategies/move sets, and it got boring. No one tried anymore, it was just who could memorize the most/best combos.
That directly applies to this. People just look up guides and stuff, and just do what they say. Its not fun to me. I'm sure its fun to some people, and that's fine, but its just not for me.

Ah, I see, I see. I would say the better players are the ones who don't look up standard sets. But the good thing about Pokemon is that even if you face someone that is using a full team of standard Pokemon and movesets you can still beat them if your team has more synergy (basically how well your team works together). Normally, people would scoff at a Physical-oriented Gengar but I've seen once used and it did very well because of it's synergy with it's team. Unfortunately though, there is a lot of that looking up Pokemon movesets especially with sites like Smogon, but not everyone does it and luckily there has been a move toward not looking toward Smogon for your movesets but I'd still say the majority of players do it.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/15/2014, 11:19 pm
yeah like i just pick the coolest looking pokemon or the ones i like or w/e and just raise those. I only EV train cuz they made it easy the past couple Gens (Power ___, Punching Bag thing). Then i'll just look i Serebii for what moves i think are best for them. Usually the best STAB move(s), then one that is good for the type that would be it, then just whatever else. So my team is probably super random, but i like it.
I think my favorite/omst original pokemon i trained was a Blaiziken i named Capt. Falcon (or C. Falcon, w/e fit), and gave him Blaze Kick (falcon kick), Fire Punch (obv), Sky Uppercut (Side B), and Double Kick (neutral air). Love it

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/16/2014, 12:16 am
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Granadico wrote:
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Blue22 wrote:Doesn't the game always let you record your battles when they're done?

Yes, we should be able to save the battle once it's over.

This is done through the VS Recorder. We can save up to 100 vids so we should be fine. Once they're saved we can upload them too.
That is the sexiest thing i've ever seen

Yeah, it's pretty nice! Btw, granny how come you don't like competitive? It is time consuming but it opens up the game a lot more IMO and it's still enjoyable to play casually, at least that's how it was for me.


That was terribad lmao


I have a really good showdown team.
I WILL FUCK ALL OF YOU UP!


You can't upload it to the computer without a capture card sadly ;(
And if anyone's down to verse me in the game, BRING IT.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Siglookingassnigga
BuchonlxD
BuchonlxD
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 20
Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2013-01-04
Location : Some planet called Earth
https://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/16/2014, 7:20 am
well , already won 6 fights without loosing

here it's one of my fights : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-99155150

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Tumblr_n2jvl0h1NT1qdlh1io1_400
SXR123
SXR123
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/16/2014, 11:47 am
The guy your battling is fucking stupid

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
BuchonlxD
BuchonlxD
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 20
Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2013-01-04
Location : Some planet called Earth
https://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/16/2014, 12:31 pm
@SXR123 wrote:The guy your battling is fucking stupid

I know right? He was able to defeat me very quickly

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Tumblr_n2jvl0h1NT1qdlh1io1_400
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4901
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/16/2014, 7:39 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:
You can't upload it to the computer without a capture card sadly ;(
And if anyone's down to verse me in the game, BRING IT.

I don't think you need the capture card. I'm pretty sure after you make the video public, you receive a code then you put in that code on one of the Pokemon websites and it will show show your battle and you can send that to anyone through a link.

Hold on, I'm gonna try it real quick.

Ah yeah, well we can share the codes here then watch them on our 3DSs which ain't no big deal
BuchonlxD
BuchonlxD
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 20
Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2013-01-04
Location : Some planet called Earth
https://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/17/2014, 8:09 am
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:
You can't upload it to the computer without a capture card sadly ;(
And if anyone's down to verse me in the game, BRING IT.

I don't think you need the capture card. I'm pretty sure after you make the video public, you receive a code then you put in that code on one of the Pokemon websites and it will show show your battle and you can send that to anyone through a link.

Hold on, I'm gonna try it real quick.

Ah yeah, well we can share the codes here then watch them on our 3DSs which ain't no big deal

That's right , by the way if you want to have me as friend at 3DS send me a private message , I'll tell you my friend code

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Tumblr_n2jvl0h1NT1qdlh1io1_400
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 26
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/17/2014, 8:48 pm
@Granadico wrote:
The same reason i don't like competitive chess. People usually aren't very original, they look up the best move sets and and pokemon and teams and just impliment that, and don't come up with stuff on their own.
I used to be in chess club in middlel school (yes i'm that nerdy) and i would whoop everyone when it started, everyone knew how to play but no one knew any strategies or anyting, everyone did their own thing. Couple weeks go by and people got books and watched videos and stuff of techniques/strategies/move sets, and it got boring. No one tried anymore, it was just who could memorize the most/best combos.
That directly applies to this. People just look up guides and stuff, and just do what they say. Its not fun to me. I'm sure its fun to some people, and that's fine, but its just not for me.

Not gonna lie. I was guilty of that when I started competitive battling for the first time back in December. But I stopped after a while because everyone always guessed what moves I would use. Now I only consult smogon to know how to distribute my Pokemon's EVs

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 26
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 3:47 pm
Officially on Spring break. Free to battle anyone.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 4:14 pm
Can anyone else battle? I'm on spring break next week but i'm not exactly busy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
BDB
BDB
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 3516
Registration date : 2008-11-04
Location : Canada eh!

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 4:28 pm
UHGghughguhgu mine was last week D:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 5:27 pm
haha i'm sure you're free during weekends anyway. we need to do this tourney soon
AND I FINALLY FOUND MY FUCKING HEART GOLD GAME YEEEEEEEEEEEEES
its been lost for like a year at least. i found it I love you 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17
Location : The core of your heart <3

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 5:29 pm
I would battle, but I'm still working on getting my team together and such.
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4901
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 5:45 pm
I'm about to go back to school lmao but I'm good on the weekends.

Have we discussed rules yet? I know 6v6 is usually standard, but 3v3 sounds a bit better to me. Also, what about clauses?

Sleep clause, item clause, species clause, evasion clause, etc?

I think we should have all the clauses except for maybe item clause although I'm perfectly fine with having item clause as well.

Here are all the clauses:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rule_variants
Knux
Knux
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2829
Registration date : 2010-02-17
Location : The core of your heart <3

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 6:51 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:I'm about to go back to school lmao but I'm good on the weekends.

Have we discussed rules yet? I know 6v6 is usually standard, but 3v3 sounds a bit better to me. Also, what about clauses?

Sleep clause, item clause, species clause, evasion clause, etc?

I think we should have all the clauses except for maybe item clause although I'm perfectly fine with having item clause as well.

Here are all the clauses:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rule_variants
I say everyone should just do what they want. This isn't an official tournament or anything, just for fun.
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 26
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 7:06 pm
I like 6VS6 battles better. Choosing 6 pokemon is hard enough for me, now they want me to choose 3!? XD

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4901
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 7:08 pm
True, but we also need it to be fair so we'll definitely need Evasion clause and Sleep clause. It's not fair if your opponent has a gengar and can put all your pokemon to sleep and then use dream eater and just destroy everything. Also not fair if they use a ton of double teams and you can't hit them. Sure you can use certain moves/pokemon to counter this but this forces you to use those moves/pokemon which limits creativity when creating teams. That's why we need to talk about which clauses to use.
Blue22
Blue22
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 26
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2010-10-11

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 7:38 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:True, but we also need it to be fair so we'll definitely need Evasion clause and Sleep clause. It's not fair if your opponent has a gengar and can put all your pokemon to sleep and then use dream eater and just destroy everything. Also not fair if they use a ton of double teams and you can't hit them. Sure you can use certain moves/pokemon to counter this but this forces you to use those moves/pokemon which limits creativity when creating teams. That's why we need to talk about which clauses to use.

Meh. I'm one of those "If it's in the game, use it" kind of people. If someone wants to try and put my mons to sleep, then I'll just try my best to work around it. If they're somehow able to get in enough double teams to make their mon unhittable, I should have thought of a better way to KO it before things got to that point. It's an annoying strategy (not nearly as annoying as all Legendary teams) but not invincible and if that's how you wanna play then I'll do my best to fight you anyway. Honestly, I'm more annoyed by stealth rocks and spikes than I am by sleep moves or double teams (the latter I've actually never come across in competitive battles)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Tumblr_mven6wOtdu1sjkcw8o1_1280
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4901
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

POKEMON X AND Y - Page 33 Empty Re: POKEMON X AND Y

on 3/21/2014, 8:02 pm
@Blue22 wrote:Meh. I'm one of those "If it's in the game, use it" kind of people. If someone wants to try and put my mons to sleep, then I'll just try my best to work around it. If they're somehow able to get in enough double teams to make their mon unhittable, I should have thought of a better way to KO it before things got to that point. It's an annoying strategy (not nearly as annoying as all Legendary teams) but not invincible and if that's how you wanna play then I'll do my best to fight you anyway. Honestly, I'm more annoyed by stealth rocks and spikes than I am by sleep moves or double teams (the latter I've actually never come across in competitive battles)

But that's just the thing, you won't be able to work around it. Say they sound out Gengar like I said with Silk Scarf. Chances are you won't have anything faster than that. So the first turn they use Hypnosis and takes your first pokemon to sleep. So you switch, and it uses Hypnosis again. Now your second pokemon is asleep. This continues until all your pokemon are asleep and now the Gengar is free to switch out, set up, or whatever while you are helplessly thrashed. IMO that isn't fair and it isn't fun. Also, they don't necessarily need to use evasion moves. A sand force Garchomp in a sandstorm is already difficult to hit as it is. Also, minimize Chansey/Blissey. Chances are if they switch that into you then they're gonna be walling you and you'll need to switch in order to take it out. That's already one minimize and from there it's difficult to hit Chansey/Blissey. Also you don't see many sleep moves or evasion moves because people probably think Smogon's rules are official, but even then that does more help than harm.
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum