Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

.....Gone...its All gone  Empty .....Gone...its All gone

12/22/2012, 4:29 pm
98% of all my flash resources Are gone....I droped my toshiba portable hard drive yesterday....And now it no longer work....It had Everything...my sprite sheets mugen chars,bg,mugen effects,EVERY FUCKING THING IS GONE....I JUST....i DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO...to get it fix is like in the thousands......its just not worth it...............fuck it

___________________________________________________________________________________________

.....Gone...its All gone  Untitl15
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

.....Gone...its All gone  Empty Re: .....Gone...its All gone

12/22/2012, 4:40 pm
*snrrk*

*pfffffhfhfhf*

he...hehe.... heheheh.... haha...ehh....

haha...hahahah...HAHAHA.... HAAAHAHAHAAA.....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

.....Gone...its All gone  Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

12/22/2012, 5:02 pm
As horrible as that sounds, where's the other 2%?

.....Gone...its All gone  Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/22/2012, 5:20 pm

@Granadico wrote:As horrible as that sounds, where's the other 2%?
yes its fucking sucks bro. and the other 2% is random shit I downloaded on my lap top I hadn't yet transferred to my Portable hard drive

As it stand because I sent it to someone I do have Mojo basic sheet, ninja Inu basic sheet. Afro had sith Inu sheet since I was doing a collab with him.but sounds and chars I ripped my self..those are gone and more then likely I will never get them back

seriously I would not wish this on my worst enemy

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

12/22/2012, 5:33 pm
in all seriousness, I feel for you.

I got really lucky when my hard drive got wiped, I had an unintentional back up

if you want to get your portable hard drive fixed... LOOK UP HOW MUCH IT COSTS. instead of just ASSUMING. if your stuff meant that much to you, do everything you can to save it.

second, why the fuck did you keep everything on your port hard drive instead of having it on both your computer, AND your portable hard drive.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

12/22/2012, 5:36 pm
@SXR123 wrote:if you want to get your portable hard drive fixed... LOOK UP HOW MUCH IT COSTS. instead of just ASSUMING. if your stuff meant that much to you, do everything you can to save it.
second, why the fuck did you keep everything on your port hard drive instead of having it on both your computer, AND your portable hard drive.
yeah i agree there

.....Gone...its All gone  Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
SpiralWarrior
SpiralWarrior
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2012-12-18

12/22/2012, 5:38 pm
Oh my, I feel sorry for you man. It must feel terrible, I hope you can find a way to resolve this
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/22/2012, 5:54 pm
@SXR123 wrote:in all seriousness, I feel for you.

I got really lucky when my hard drive got wiped, I had an unintentional back up

if you want to get your portable hard drive fixed... LOOK UP HOW MUCH IT COSTS. instead of just ASSUMING. if your stuff meant that much to you, do everything you can to save it.

today Ive been to 3 comp stores,a office depot,I called a toshiba,and one other tech support company All said the same thing it can be fix but there is no sure thing that it will recover 100% of your data and it will cost any where from 1200 to 3000 dollars like I said....not worth it

and I had alot of stuff it took up to like 120 gigs of space.

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

12/22/2012, 6:13 pm
alright then, you win the first argument.

the second still stands...

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU KEEP THE IMPORTANT SHIT ON YOUR ACTUAL HARD DRIVE?!

/caps lock

what classifies as important shit? oh I dunno, things regarding your series, mojo's sheet, rare effects, etc, etc. or ya know... MOJO'S SHEETS.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/22/2012, 6:34 pm
Ok memory....plain and simple memory when I had all that stuff( and I can not emphasize enough I had alot of shit) on my laptop I notice it slugy-ness, it always bitched about virtual memory,and things of that nature.But when I transferred All my stuff to my port hard drive man,it was like a breeze to animate and since I had my programs install into all the comps in my house it was very convenient.sure I still had some things on my laptops and/or comps but my stuff I most def needed I kept close to me in that hard drive.

plus in my defense with flash I have burned through two desk tops and one laptop always losing stuff in that process.so I figured keep my shit in a portable hard drive separate from the main branch that way I'll always have it no matter if I or a fam member burn out another comp. this thing seemed stirdy. Ive dropped it many times before never with out any negative results. I just......this time man.....

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

12/22/2012, 6:39 pm
It's best to keep two of something rather than one.

you should have kept things you DEFINITELY needed on both your hard drive and port one. I mean stuff you know you need. Like MOJO'S SHEETS. stuff you KNOW you'd never be able to get again.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/22/2012, 6:47 pm
well.......I.........for the first time in my Adult life,am depressed.......

v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

12/22/2012, 7:11 pm
Well face looks like we're both starting from scratch

But this just goes to show you
Maybe if you put your effects online here you would have been able to use them again :V

.....Gone...its All gone  Lorde
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

12/22/2012, 7:16 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FACE NOT U TOOOO...my rival, wtf is going on with the world man

Current projects:
Kirbacus vs Hiryo 30% Kirbacus vs Link 50%
Guardian's revenge 40% Rio vs Zeke 10%
Hiryo's Quest 2 10% Special vid 70%
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/22/2012, 7:20 pm
dude.......its killing me right now....

Anonymous

12/22/2012, 7:30 pm
can't you rip it open and salvage the storage disk inside the hard drive? it isn't gone, the device that transfers the data is broken. there's some way to fix it and get your shit.
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/22/2012, 7:46 pm
Crazyfilms5000 wrote:can't you rip it open and salvage the storage disk inside the hard drive? it isn't gone, the device that transfers the data is broken. there's some way to fix it and get your shit.
I will try anything.but Ive got no idea how to do that.

Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

12/23/2012, 5:20 am
That hard drive sounded really bad... i'm sorry Face D:
I do have Mojo basic sheet, ninja Inu basic sheet. Afro had sith Inu sheet since I was doing a collab with him.but sounds and chars I ripped my self..those are gone and more then likely I will never get them back
But, but... wut are u gonna do now??? Cause i don't think you could remember of all the stuff you had....
Why didn't you uploaded some important things to Dropbox and others???
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/23/2012, 7:49 am
Saulgp wrote:
But, but... wut are u gonna do now???
(the next morning) WHA.....What....WHAT THE FUCK??? (Hit my music)

I will rebuild....I am a man who knows no limit,It will take more than this to stop me.Im "Face" I made mojo once I can re make him,faster, stronger we have the technology. DO NOT DESPAIR MY SPRITAIN BROTHERS Im working full steam on Mojo the strong vids they will be released. I swear this to you...TO All OF YOU. no set back will stop me,no lost data will deny me Mojo is a King, I will see him on his throne.LOOK I have Achieved the rank of SUPER SPRITAIN! Nothing can stop me now. As god is my witness....I will not fail him. "They may be Able to take my music,effects,sound fx,mugen chars,bgs,flash resources, And my own customs......but there one thing A spritain Always keeps....................HIS PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

12/23/2012, 8:07 am
OHHHHHhhhhh!!!!! :O
.....Gone...its All gone  Slow_c10
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

12/23/2012, 10:01 am
@Face wrote:As god is my witness

God's a prick.

also, you were kinda stupid by not uploading anything to a website like media fire or something.

also, no. no clap for you. People who don't take measures to back up their progress get no slow clap.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/23/2012, 10:10 am
@SXR123 wrote:
@Face wrote:As god is my witness

God's a prick.

also, you were kinda stupid by not uploading anything to a website like media fire or something.

also, no. no clap for you. People who don't take measures to back up their progress get no slow clap.
(on 2nd thought) ........ok

Last edited by Face on 12/23/2012, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13

12/23/2012, 10:21 am
Saulgp wrote:OHHHHHhhhhh!!!!! :O
.....Gone...its All gone  Slow_c10
.....Gone...its All gone  Srslygtfo

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
.....Gone...its All gone  8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
.....Gone...its All gone  2lax69
.....Gone...its All gone  TZmdW
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

12/23/2012, 10:32 am
when dealing with computers, sometimes you HAVE to expect the worse. and if you say this has happened to you before than losing everything is even MORE your fault because you didn't take any measures to prevent total memory loss.

No drop box, no media fire, hell you didn't even put anything on the newgrounds dump. Maybe it would be costly to fix your port hard drive, but you say this has happened before than you should have learned your lesson. I sure as hell did the first time it happened to me.

I was trying to find a crack of microsoft word. I found a deadly computer virus that pretty much fucked up my computer and everything on it the moment it was downloaded. It crashed, I got the blue screen and it wouldn't start up. Everything was gone.

but I got lucky.

I was using my new computer when this happened and I had only had it for three months. My old computer still had all my data from three months before it. I transferred everything over and immediately bought a portable hard drive. I backed up everything on there and also uploaded anything important to media fire and any other place.

I learned my lesson the first time this happened. Why didn't you? Not to mention it happened like, twice or something.

you must be a slow learner.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan

12/23/2012, 10:48 am
@SXR123 wrote:when dealing with computers, sometimes you HAVE to expect the worse. and if you say this has happened to you before than losing everything is even MORE your fault because you didn't take any measures to prevent total memory loss.

No drop box, no media fire, hell you didn't even put anything on the newgrounds dump. Maybe it would be costly to fix your port hard drive, but you say this has happened before than you should have learned your lesson. I sure as hell did the first time it happened to me.

I was trying to find a crack of microsoft word. I found a deadly computer virus that pretty much fucked up my computer and everything on it the moment it was downloaded. It crashed, I got the blue screen and it wouldn't start up. Everything was gone.

but I got lucky.

I was using my new computer when this happened and I had only had it for three months. My old computer still had all my data from three months before it. I transferred everything over and immediately bought a portable hard drive. I backed up everything on there and also uploaded anything important to media fire and any other place.

I learned my lesson the first time this happened. Why didn't you? Not to mention it happened like, twice or something.

you must be a slow learner.
this is the part where I would normally go on a rant about how you should get off my ass. but since Im too busy for your trollness,I'll just say this It happen. Im dealing. Nuff said.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum