Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2012-09-03

Sonic's "Run"  Empty Sonic's "Run"

12/19/2012, 12:15 pm
I've been on here for a while now and haven't posted anything :S I guess because I get the feeling my work isn't good enough yet, I think it's decent, but after seeing animations on this site, I'm left gobsmacked XP Either Way this is my first video with sonic, hope you enjoy! Very Happy I will post my Dbz on a separate thing When I can :)

PLEASE WATCH IN 720/1080P! ^.^ Thank you! :)
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4902
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

Sonic's "Run"  Empty Re: Sonic's "Run"

12/19/2012, 12:21 pm
This was pretty good. You could tell you were improving as the animation continued. Some parts needed skewing and seemed a bit stiff but other than that it flowed pretty nicely. Also, I love the use of teh Sonic Advance sound effects.
Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan

12/19/2012, 12:30 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:This was pretty good. You could tell you were improving as the animation continued. Some parts needed skewing and seemed a bit stiff but other than that it flowed pretty nicely. Also, I love the use of teh Sonic Advance sound effects.

Yeah I started Working on it from April and finished it Two days ago, the fighting also improved (I think) when shadow dodged sonic's fly kick, That was done a few months ago, everything after that was done in the past week, so their is a improvement of some sorts XP I'm glad you liked it :) Yeah I figured I'd put them in :) and the portal was showing the next level of the game in Sonic Advance 3 Razz

What do ya mean by skewing? XD I'm english yet I don't get the meaning of that (i'm tired at the moment XD)

@NTA wrote:Nice portal

Basic example of some skewing:

Spoiler:

At the beginning when he leans back and later after he stops firing ki blasts

Thanks! ^.^ A lot of people seem to really like it XD and ohhh okay, I get it, i'll pick up on that next time and I like that animation by the way, is nice :)

@Tal wrote:well i hated this, because it lacked way too much skewing and ease, and since every part of it needed skewing and ease...it sorta runis the animation.
still the motion paths were nicley designed..and the overall quality was pretty good too.
so keep working on it.

I haven't really experimented with skewing much, just for bouncing, and I'm using AE. I'll give it a go though Razz Thanks for the tough criticism ^.^

Last edited by Shady Shadow on 12/19/2012, 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
NTA
NTA
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2011-01-09

12/19/2012, 2:05 pm
Nice portal

Basic example of some skewing:

Spoiler:

At the beginning when he leans back and later after he stops firing ki blasts

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sonic's "Run"  96m4
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

12/19/2012, 2:37 pm
well i hated this, because it lacked way too much skewing and ease, and since every part of it needed skewing and ease...it sorta runis the animation.
still the motion paths were nicley designed..and the overall quality was pretty good too.
so keep working on it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Interesting sig text"

Sonic's "Run"  Youtub10
SpiralWarrior
SpiralWarrior
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2012-12-18

12/19/2012, 3:59 pm
Ah, so if I'm correct skewing is basically stretching the sprite in a certain direction to emphasize the movement the character is doing? Like breathing as NTA showed?
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

12/19/2012, 5:14 pm
@Tal wrote:every part of it needed skewing
stop reviewing stuff from now on

Sonic's "Run"  Lorde
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

12/19/2012, 5:21 pm
Sieghart wrote:
@Tal wrote:every part of it needed skewing
stop reviewing stuff from now on

good god tal, I joked about you saying "DAR BE NO SKEWINGZ" for months and now you're actually saying it NEEDS skewing? are you retarded?

you just took a step back... just go away... I agree completely with joey here.

Sonic's "Run"  Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

12/19/2012, 5:29 pm
Heh, I actually kinda liked this, simply because you don't see too much of sonic free running (even though that's what he's...you know....supposed to do >.>) But yeah overall I can see it getting somewhere ^.^ Keep it up

Current projects:
Kirbacus vs Hiryo 30% Kirbacus vs Link 50%
Guardian's revenge 40% Rio vs Zeke 10%
Hiryo's Quest 2 10% Special vid 70%
Tray
Tray
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-05-26

12/19/2012, 8:35 pm
Thank God there isn't any dbz reference in this . Basic sonic battler with no power ups .

Also at first I thought the first part was recorded from a actual sonic game lol.

InsanityStories
InsanityStories
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-11-18

12/19/2012, 10:05 pm
Wow.
It's like watching a plant grow.

I am the hand of madness, the madness of order.

Oh glob I forgot to change my kneecaps!
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

12/20/2012, 6:31 am
well it didn't every part, but yeah most of them should have just a bit of skewing.

"Interesting sig text"

Sonic's "Run"  Youtub10
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

12/20/2012, 7:33 am
no tal. it didn't need skewing, NASF looked amazing without skewing and so did this. skewing isn't needed in every animation.

Sonic's "Run"  Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Shady Shadow
Shady Shadow
Spritan
Spritan

12/20/2012, 8:46 am
@xKAreloadedx wrote:Heh, I actually kinda liked this, simply because you don't see too much of sonic free running (even though that's what he's...you know....supposed to do >.>) But yeah overall I can see it getting somewhere ^.^ Keep it up

Thanks! ^.^ Will Do! and yeah there isn't really much of sonic running, so I wanted to put it in this Razz I'm glad you liked it! ^.^

@Tray wrote:Thank God there isn't any dbz reference in this . Basic sonic battler with no power ups .

Also at first I thought the first part was recorded from a actual sonic game lol.

XD Yeah i didn't want it to slide to the dbz world, figured I'd try to stick with the sonic, if you were wondering though, Shadow fired a Chaos sphere at sonic, not a dbz energy blast XD and loool yeah That's sorta what I wanted to go for XP

@InsanityStories wrote:Wow.
It's like watching a plant grow.

Very Happy Thanks! ^.^ Did you really like it that much? Razz *Is Happy*
ShoopDaWhoop
ShoopDaWhoop
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2011-09-03

12/21/2012, 1:27 am
@SpiralWarrior wrote:Ah, so if I'm correct skewing is basically stretching the sprite in a certain direction to emphasize the movement the character is doing? Like breathing as NTA showed?

Exactly, nigga you genuis.

Sonic's "Run"  Tumblr_mep4soITfz1r8kmk7o1_500
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

12/21/2012, 1:06 pm
It was pretty slow. Increase the FPS.

Still, it was well-animated. Only issue was that some of the wound effects were kind of low-quality. I do like how he jumps from the foreground to the background at the start with the rails, and how the one in the background is blurred.

Sonic's "Run"  UZ3PNb5
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum