Earl Da TrueWarrior
Earl Da TrueWarrior
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-03-06

1st sprite movie Empty 1st sprite movie

12/8/2012, 9:02 pm

___________________________________________________________________________________________

1st sprite movie Madara-susanoo-o GIFSoup

1st sprite movie Luffy-lets-go-o GIFSoup

1st sprite movie Madara-o GIFSoup
InsanityStories
InsanityStories
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-11-18

1st sprite movie Empty Re: 1st sprite movie

12/8/2012, 10:04 pm
it was a little slow, the guy on the right at the start seems all jpegy. Did you save the animation and import it directly from banned story? Also, when using voice clips, try to animate them talking. I know this is your first, but when using long voice clips like that, it really throws me off.( I don't know if I used that in the correct context. ) Your transitioning was okay though, so it balances things out.

All critiques aside, this was really good for a first! Keep practicing, unlike me.XD I guess I'm better at spriting than animating... ah, well.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I am the hand of madness, the madness of order.

Oh glob I forgot to change my kneecaps!
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

12/8/2012, 10:11 pm
good god did you just throw sound effects at the end? I heard the jokers laugh and a bunch of other things.

1st sprite movie Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

12/8/2012, 10:21 pm
@SXR123 wrote:good god did you just throw sound effects at the end? I heard the jokers laugh and a bunch of other things.

this is a common thing among maple stuff
they just keep throwing these sfx left and right thinking that THEY'RE SOOOO FUNNY

as for your animation, it was...something
mr. InsanityStories was right for the most part. things I'd like to add :
does that bg have no ground or you didn't add it at all? it looks kinda weird
also work on your alignment
InsanityStories
InsanityStories
Spritan
Spritan

12/8/2012, 11:18 pm
Oh cool I was right about something!

this is a common thing among maple stuff
they just keep throwing these sfx left and right thinking that THEY'RE SOOOO FUNNY

Whut. I have never seen this.

Also Earl dude person guy, be careful with those effects at the end. At that speed, on a dark BG, they seem almost seizure inducing. I have sore eyes and a headache after seeing them.

No offense.

v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

12/9/2012, 2:23 am
Oh guys just go make a thread about how much you hate maplers and leave this poor kid alone

Ok so some notes:
Your effects just stood out like a sore thumb, try using some blending on them to make them appeal better.
Your shaking was far too rigid, shaking should be small movements in your v-cam.
A lot of stuff was unaligned.
Set your music to stream.
^
^
^
Your background graphic is rendered as a compressed JPG, set it to a loseless GIF/PNG compression (which can be done via right clicking on the item, selecting properties in the library|| or just clicking on the thumbnail of it in the library)
Your movements were a little stiff. Let your characters flow better, use some easing during a tween to help show velocity.
Your movie was pretty slow, so I suggest raising your FPS to a more standard animating FPS (like 25 or 30)

Anyways, I liked this and liked the feel of it, keep up the good work and I expect to see more from you.
P.S. welcome to the site, not sure if I ever saw an introduction thread from you but I never visit those anyways so here's my welcoming.

1st sprite movie Lorde
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

12/9/2012, 8:23 am
I kinda think, this is not your very first anim. I'm sure you made one months ago cause i remember your weird avatar .. scratch Suspicious

1st sprite movie Tumblr_n3ks24gVXv1rydwbvo1_5001st sprite movie CmHNDLR
Earl Da TrueWarrior
Earl Da TrueWarrior
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-03-06

12/9/2012, 10:57 am
Thanx for all the critique it was really helpful I will start working on a new one.If you see any more problems just let me know

P.S Sorry about the headaches guess I went effect happy..

1st sprite movie Madara-susanoo-o GIFSoup

1st sprite movie Luffy-lets-go-o GIFSoup

1st sprite movie Madara-o GIFSoup
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4905
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

12/9/2012, 11:28 am
Sieghart wrote:Oh guys just go make a thread about how much you hate maplers and leave this poor kid alone

Ok so some notes:
Your effects just stood out like a sore thumb, try using some blending on them to make them appeal better.
Your shaking was far too rigid, shaking should be small movements in your v-cam.
A lot of stuff was unaligned.
Set your music to stream.
^
^
^
Your background graphic is rendered as a compressed JPG, set it to a loseless GIF/PNG compression (which can be done via right clicking on the item, selecting properties in the library|| or just clicking on the thumbnail of it in the library)
Your movements were a little stiff. Let your characters flow better, use some easing during a tween to help show velocity.
Your movie was pretty slow, so I suggest raising your FPS to a more standard animating FPS (like 25 or 30)

Anyways, I liked this and liked the feel of it, keep up the good work and I expect to see more from you.
P.S. welcome to the site, not sure if I ever saw an introduction thread from you but I never visit those anyways so here's my welcoming.

Joey...is that you? o.O
mumble1700
mumble1700
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-09-15

12/9/2012, 4:15 pm
The Sprites were um...meh
The Sound effects were meh
The fight was good
Too much voice talking for me....
And the alignmeant was all over the place.
But i guess it was good

1st sprite movie Tag13
Mysteriousmonkeyman
Mysteriousmonkeyman
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-12-09

12/9/2012, 5:27 pm
This Animation was All over the place you can tell this was your first.that being said you have potential,Ive seen WAAAY worst. looking forward to you next vid.
InsanityStories
InsanityStories
Spritan
Spritan

12/9/2012, 5:33 pm
@Earl Da TrueWarrior wrote:Thanx for all the critique it was really helpful I will start working on a new one.If you see any more problems just let me know

P.S Sorry about the headaches guess I went effect happy..

It's okay, you did well. There shouldn't be anything else to say so just keep animating.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum