SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

1/11/2013, 5:04 pm
Jaleel isn't sonic anymore, his voice doesn't fit him. It was nice fifteen years ago but now...

the only time he felt like sonic was when he was talking to that female gun agent.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

1/11/2013, 5:21 pm
@SXR123 wrote:It takes itself too seriously
People say this
it still doesn't make sense

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Lorde
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 5:22 pm
It's trying too hard to be a serious movie when in reality it's about a blue hedgehog who smashes robots.

Sonic is meant to be animated, not live action. It was a stupid idea in the first place. If it were an animated movie instead of a live action one, then it would have been better.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 5:26 pm
okay but that's not the point i was making

RnR
RnR
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2011-08-12

1/11/2013, 5:46 pm
Joey,go home.

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Rri62p
Double0Epic
Double0Epic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2012-12-27

1/11/2013, 6:03 pm
OWNED. So will you guys believe me if i say i never watched that movie before? >.>

I'm not saying I hate you, but if you were set ablaze and I had a bucket of water, I'd probably drink it.
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 6:13 pm
rnr why would i listen to you you watch regular show

BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

1/11/2013, 6:39 pm
@SXR123 wrote:It's trying too hard to be a serious movie when in reality it's about a blue hedgehog who smashes robots.

Sonic is meant to be animated, not live action. It was a stupid idea in the first place. If it were an animated movie instead of a live action one, then it would have been better.

It's not that it's trying to be serious, it's that it's FAILING to be serious. Really. It can't decide whether it's trying to be serious or not.

And that Green HIll Zone at the end really clashed. I mean, it looked good, but I would have preffered it if the entire film looked like this. Those last few seconds were what I would have imagined a Sonic fan film looking like, not Sonic running around stiffly destroying robots with clashing art styles.

Not to mention it honestly would have been better if they used Eggman's modern design. He just looks silly with the classic design. It looks like he's wearing pajamas.

The Conversation Thread - Page 40 UZ3PNb5
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 9:17 pm
Shmebulock . says
you seem upset
you should take a seat
SXR123 d says
but there are so many seats to choose from
which one can I have?
Shmebulock . says
*which seat can I take
SXR123 d says
go jump off a bridge
Shmebulock . says
ITSFRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAY
GOTTAGETDOWNONFRIDAY

STILL WINNING~

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 9:17 pm
and joey is as unfunny as ever.

lolsrryjoeyilu

ADOPT A CHAO!!
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 9:19 pm
You seem upset SXR.
You should take a seat.

SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 9:30 pm
I don't want your seat.

By the way, here's a sonic's fan review of the short movie that was just recently put online. This was NOT done by me. Be warned, it's long, but it's good:

Spoiler:
This short was thoroughly awful from it's very foundation as a film.

Most of the set-up is shoehorned into news reports instead of utilizing the actual nature of film and actually being shown. What little we see of Robotnik's invasion is poorly handled and doesn't measure up to the bloody descriptions in these reports; Egg Carriers and robots appear and proceed to act passive, nor do the people in the city act befit of a populous being invaded. This is an awful, awful opening. And if they didn't have the graphical means to show this (after all, whenever the E-100 robots land in the forest, leaves don't kick up, so I doubt they could've done an exploding city or Mobian genocide), visually there could have been ways around it. Forgoing the city parts altogether and having some dirty, dog-tired, and terrified citizens stranded in the forest with GUN trying to protect them would have been a better idea.

GUN acts really stupid. No word from the news reports or any visual indication that they're actually helping the city, so for all we know they pretty much just let that metropolis burn. This one soldier is getting tossed around and not engaging with the robots asking him about Sonic's presence, which we would be fair to assume he doesn't know about, because everyone's always amazed to see Sonic. If this is the case, why hasn't he told them anything? Why is he just sitting there like an idiot? And where did Robotnik get that one soldier he's torturing from? And why would you send such a small battalion of people into the conquered woods alone with such meager weaponry? Why are two of them doing nothing but cowering? Why are they arguing about Sonic when he just saved them?

Why is Sonic in this for only about five minutes? What exactly is he doing the entire time his island is getting jacked up? If there's one thing that's consistent about Sonic in all of his incarnations, it's that he's an impatient little bugger and would hardly stand around while all of his friends are being murdered in cold blood, so why does he only show up at a few times to kill a few robots? We know he's definitely around as indicated by the news reports asking about this mysterious "BlooBler," but considering Robotnik thoroughly handed the island its own bunghole several times over, his presence is thoroughly missed, and his demeanor doesn't seem befitting of one who's friends died either.

Why is an alright-looking CGI Green Hill Zone tacked onto this totally realistic deciduous forest? We never see or hear about it or any other zones because the movie pretty much establishes it's own version of South Island as pretty damn close to our reality, sans Robotnik, robots, and Sonic. Everything else is perfectly real, so why is it thrown in there? To try and clunkily set this film as a prequel to the games? If that is the case, why in the world is Knuckles there? And why does he not have his trademark gloves?

I can go on and on about the weird story decisions, but it all comes down to a complete ineptitude at script-writing and utilizing the medium properly. Things happen for no reason, stuff that happens never pays off in any meaningful way, people do not act in a sensible manner. It's just a bunch of shots thrown together. And the pacing and staging isn't any better either.

This is to say nothing of the less-than-stellar CGI either. Leaves not kicking up when the robots land is only one issue of many. Sonic's model and rigging is awful; bad lip-syncing, clipping, and reversed normals to be found all around. The television screens on the building are not to perspective. The lighting is inconsistent from the models and the environment, and the animation's very slow and clunky.

It being a fan film is no excuse. I've seen one-minute limited animated shorts made by a single nobody in less time for free that were much better and moved me in some way. This shit had multiple people and donations behind it. No excuses whatsoever.

Reading this makes me wish I was apart of its scripting. Jesus I could write a better story than this.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

1/11/2013, 9:49 pm
Now i thought i was the only one that hated that movie until i got here. Y'all make me feel included c:

Sword Gradients with Leaf c:
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Awkwar10
The Conversation Thread - Page 40 Pikach11
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 9:52 pm
westilldontlikeu

Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

1/11/2013, 11:35 pm
Sieghart wrote:You seem upset SXR.
You should take a seat.

lmao i have no idea why but i have been laughing for 2 hours looking at all the posts where you said this
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator

1/11/2013, 11:50 pm

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum