Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

Castle Siege Empty Castle Siege

11/22/2012, 3:56 pm
http://squeakyleaf5.deviantart.com/art/Castle-Siege-339163329
Leaf's hair is pink because this was mostly finished in October which was breast cancer awareness month. everything else that needs said about the flash is in the description. enjoy! Derp?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sword Gradients with Leaf c:
Castle Siege Awkwar10
Castle Siege Pikach11
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4902
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

Castle Siege Empty Re: Castle Siege

11/22/2012, 4:29 pm
Gosh, I remember when you first joined and we were actually kinda at the same level but you just kept improving and now you're freaking great!

Nice job, man this is really great. I can't wait for the next part.
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

11/23/2012, 6:12 am
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Gosh, I remember when you first joined and we were actually kinda at the same level but you just kept improving and now you're freaking great!

hmmm...i never even saw you animated..

anyway this was pretty funny scripted, animation was pretty smooth and not repetitive. nice job leafman....and crashman....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Interesting sig text"

Castle Siege Youtub10
SᗡN
SᗡN
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2011-07-19

11/23/2012, 9:31 am
lol "filthy skank"

Leaf, I'm impressed. You actually managed to not suck dick this time.

Castle Siege Tumblr_n56t8i_Q2_Ct1qbwudjo1_500
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan

11/23/2012, 12:34 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Gosh, I remember when you first joined and we were actually kinda at the same level but you just kept improving and now you're freaking great!

lol, thanks. and the way i remember it, you always raped me when it came to animating, especially when i first started.
@Tal wrote:anyway this was pretty funny scripted, animation was pretty smooth and not repetitive. nice job leafman....and crashman....
thank you sir
NDS wrote:Leaf, I'm impressed. You actually managed to not suck dick this time.
mission accomplished

Castle Siege Awkwar10
Castle Siege Pikach11
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

11/23/2012, 12:45 pm
yep man, this is pretty cool. Dat Hair dye, did u dyed it too to accompany Leaf (the kirby)? xD

Castle Siege Tumblr_n3ks24gVXv1rydwbvo1_500Castle Siege CmHNDLR
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2011-07-21

11/23/2012, 1:46 pm
Would you like some critique from me?

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

Castle Siege Ala_Rubra
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan

11/23/2012, 2:14 pm
Saulgp wrote:yep man, this is pretty cool. Dat Hair dye, did u dyed it too to accompany Leaf (the kirby)? xD
Lol, I have nowhere near enough hair for that
@Cooljoshua567 wrote:Would you like some critique from me?
I'll take critique from anybody

Castle Siege Awkwar10
Castle Siege Pikach11
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan

11/23/2012, 8:01 pm
You have asked for the CJ Review, and you shall be enlightened.

Castle Siege Cj_s_r11

Introduction 0.5/1

The introduction was fairly nice, just way too long. I know you were trying to build the right mood for the invasion about to happen, but still it felt boring having to wait and read through all of the dialouge. Although, there were moments that made me chuckle, for instance when Aege up arrowed the guy, or when Leaf asked if the man was hot. I loved those, just everything else was a chore to watch. If you plan on making your intro long, add some cinematic scenes that make it worth watching. Black parallel horizontal lines could be a thought to consider.

Combat 2/3

Well done. The choreography was very well executed, and you perfectly showed an "invasion".

Flow: Matched up with the music, and it wasn't too fast or too slow. Since you haven't finished the final fight I can't really find anything wrong with the choreography you have been showing me so far, but I would like to add a suggestion. Try to differentiate between powerful strikes, and common hits. This bothers me in alot of videos, because I see characters taking so many hits, and they act as if nothing happened. Getting hit is no simple task to recover from so easily, just keep that in mind.

Entertainment: I was fairly entertained. The animation had it's moments where it was timidly boring towards excitingly thrilling. Try to keep the entertainment level to the latter. Make me want to watch this animation over and over again. Adding in some humour can never hurt, so why not try it...ah I already see that you have. Good job

Dominance: This was an "invasion" type of battle, so obviously the smaller party would dominate through the entire castle. Although, the soldiers put up more of an resistance than I deemed necessary. Grunts are only good for one thing, showing of the protagonist. Which you did to a high degree.

The V cam (from what I could see) was used splendidly and enforced some of you great animation skills. I absolutely loved the idea of making a smaller screen showing what Leaf and Aege were doing while the other two were in the Elevator. You are very creative, and that's something every animator should have if they want to make original ideas.

Effects 1.5/2

Great usage of effects. No spamming, No ugly hit sparks, and no common DBZ effects. Excellent job. I don't know where you acquired your effects from, but I'm just glad that you did. Having to watch ugly effects being spammed on the page hurts ones eye. Although, there were times were effects were needed but weren't used like when certain characters landed or when some attacks were used. However, sometimes effects aren't needed to show how strong or how effective an attack was, and that's exactly what you have done.

Smoothness and Skewing 1.5/2

Skewing - Check
Smoothness - Check

Well you passes the SS test. I see you eased all of your tweens and skewed FBF or tweened them, whatever you did it looked fantastic. I don't know why it is so hard for people to obtain what you and many other have. It's just....sad......Anyway, Job well done on keeping it smooth and sexy.

Sounds 2/2

This was your best section. Amazing sound sfx and the sound track made this animation 20 times better. I'm dissapointed that there are no sound clips for your character, but hey I'm just glad that you were able to refrain from including DBZ sounds.

Castle Siege Final_10

Overall Score: 7.5/10 = Wonderful

I am impressed Leaf, your skills have really improved last time I saw an animation from you. Sorry this review couldn't be more detailed but since this animation isn't finished this was all I could produce. The only things I would have you work on would be:

- Differentiation of Weak and Strong Attacks
- Shorter introduction
- Make it feel more cinematic by adding close ups, black horizontal lines, and for fun throw in a death or two xD

Once you have finished this, I would be more than glad to review you again :)

Castle Siege Ala_Rubra
omega8337
omega8337
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-07-09

11/23/2012, 9:14 pm
good one man! u have improved a lot dude.

cause i rule at animating! Cool
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan

11/24/2012, 3:52 pm
cj- Woo!! We got a 7.5 Crash!! I'm not sur who's parts you liked more since you mentioned stuff from both of our stuff ._.i did scenes 1, 3, 5, and added all the sounds while Crash did scenes 2 and 4. so woohoo!! perfect score for sounds!
omega- gratzi

Castle Siege Awkwar10
Castle Siege Pikach11
SᗡN
SᗡN
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2011-07-19

11/24/2012, 4:06 pm
You will now receive the NDS REVIEW

Everything: -0/0

It was shit. I recommend you watch and analyze movies more often.

Castle Siege Tumblr_n56t8i_Q2_Ct1qbwudjo1_500
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan

11/24/2012, 4:29 pm
NDS wrote:You will now receive the NDS REVIEW

Everything: -0/0

It was shit. I recommend you watch and analyze movies more often.

ULTIMATE GASP Shocked

Castle Siege Ala_Rubra
Crash
Crash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2010-04-07

11/24/2012, 7:46 pm
NDS wrote:Everything: -0/0

It was shit. I recommend you watch and analyze movies more often
better den twilight

anyways
i feel like a boss with all this being said.
animationofthewek?

Castle Siege 50fe6f8bcc
W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum