yeongi
yeongi
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-05-21

kirby rust.... Empty kirby rust....

10/30/2012, 4:06 pm
trying to get back into this....still needs more but i'm not sure what..
http://www.fileize.com/view/60ac3f29-108/
C&C please?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

kirby rust.... 2458l
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

kirby rust.... Empty Re: kirby rust....

10/30/2012, 7:55 pm
This was really enjoyable, not quite sure what his power is but still enjoyable.

although campared to everything he did, eating the sandbag at the end felt out of place and took away from the experience.

also could use a little bit more camera shacks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

kirby rust.... Ichigo10
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2011-07-21

10/30/2012, 8:48 pm
You wanted some critique; time for the CJ Review :)

Introduction 1/1

Great way to start off an animation. The v cam fades in from black and eases out towards the battle stage, with epic BG music playing. Your FC is standing there, ready to give an ass kicking to whoever wants to challenge him, and what do ya know? Sandbag is here to fulfil his ass kicking desires. Very well done.

Combat 2.5/3

The combat was very well executed and kept me entwined into the action. Now to judge on the sub categories:

Flow: It was highly well thought out and animated, I love the fast pace you gave as your FC kicked the sand bag from here to kingdom come. Although it was very well done, what you should work on is trying to switch between a fast pace and slow. By that I mean, it's not always good to keep a fight fast and never have any slow motion moments.

Entertainment: I was very well entertained, even though there wasn't any humour I still was able to watch the whole thing. For next time, add some comedic moments, you can't go wrong with it (unless you have no sense of humuor -.-).

Dominance: Now this was the most obvious, obviously in a sandbag vid, there will be no resistance from the opposite side so I can't really discuss this one. I just hope you put your FC against more capable opponents so that I can get to see how you maintain the balance.

Effects 1.5/2

Great balance of effects used, you didn't use the repeated old yellow hit sparks that everyone blows off, and used different and more appealing ones. I commend you on that Wink
Although, I'm still not sure what exactly power your FC has, whether it be elemental or combat wise, but you need to show that more. If he was supposed to be as fast as lightning, you did that well, but If he was supposed to be as strong as a tank, then YOU FAILED Evil or Very Mad Kidding, but due try to incorporate more elements into the animation.

Smoothness and Skewing 1/2

The smoothness of the animation was there, but the skewing was something to be desired. Now you skewed at times which is great, but for the best moments to skew like when the FC landed or when he had jumped, using skews there would greatly make those scenes look epic. Also I noticed right after the FC sucked up the sandbag, you skewed him and it looks out of place. Just remember to keep the feet aligned when you skew.

You eased all of your tweens, and kept the animation looking sexy. I was impressed, which doesn't happen very often with Kirby FC's. You got this section down perfectly.

Sounds 1/2

This section hurt your score a little, but it wasn't a major factor. The sounds were good and clear, but I noticed a couple of DBZ sounds in the animation and it kinda distracted me for awhile. Like the rapid attack sequence, I guarantee you can find a million better sounds for that from Street Fighter or Devil May Cray etc....

I'm not saying, NEVER USE DBZ Sounds, but ask yourself "Do they sound good?". Honestly, in awhile you'll get tired of using them and find some better ones.

Overall Score: 7/10 = Wonderful

This was a very well done animation, it had a great and readable flow, the combat was nice to watch, and it was smooth.Just work on the things I pointed out in the animation, and come back and I'll give you another CJ Review :)

I hope this helps

Good Work ~CJ

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

kirby rust.... Ala_Rubra
DJElemental
DJElemental
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-11-08

11/3/2012, 11:14 am
^Daym...
But really, this was a very good animation. I enjoyed it persoanlly. The combat was well executed and flows pretty well. nice dood nice.
InfernoTPX
InfernoTPX
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2012-07-18

11/3/2012, 11:31 am
I think it's really good

TEAM Wingless hawks
kirby rust.... Air-gear-o
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan

11/3/2012, 12:02 pm
@DJElemental wrote:^Daym...
But really, this was a very good animation. I enjoyed it persoanlly. The combat was well executed and flows pretty well. nice dood nice.

I know how to critique boi

kirby rust.... Ala_Rubra
yeongi
yeongi
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-05-21

11/4/2012, 10:49 am
@Cooljoshua567 wrote:You wanted some critique; time for the CJ Review :)

Introduction 1/1

Great way to start off an animation. The v cam fades in from black and eases out towards the battle stage, with epic BG music playing. Your FC is standing there, ready to give an ass kicking to whoever wants to challenge him, and what do ya know? Sandbag is here to fulfil his ass kicking desires. Very well done.

Combat 2.5/3

The combat was very well executed and kept me entwined into the action. Now to judge on the sub categories:

Flow: It was highly well thought out and animated, I love the fast pace you gave as your FC kicked the sand bag from here to kingdom come. Although it was very well done, what you should work on is trying to switch between a fast pace and slow. By that I mean, it's not always good to keep a fight fast and never have any slow motion moments.

Entertainment: I was very well entertained, even though there wasn't any humour I still was able to watch the whole thing. For next time, add some comedic moments, you can't go wrong with it (unless you have no sense of humuor -.-).

Dominance: Now this was the most obvious, obviously in a sandbag vid, there will be no resistance from the opposite side so I can't really discuss this one. I just hope you put your FC against more capable opponents so that I can get to see how you maintain the balance.

Effects 1.5/2

Great balance of effects used, you didn't use the repeated old yellow hit sparks that everyone blows off, and used different and more appealing ones. I commend you on that Wink
Although, I'm still not sure what exactly power your FC has, whether it be elemental or combat wise, but you need to show that more. If he was supposed to be as fast as lightning, you did that well, but If he was supposed to be as strong as a tank, then YOU FAILED Evil or Very Mad Kidding, but due try to incorporate more elements into the animation.

Smoothness and Skewing 1/2

The smoothness of the animation was there, but the skewing was something to be desired. Now you skewed at times which is great, but for the best moments to skew like when the FC landed or when he had jumped, using skews there would greatly make those scenes look epic. Also I noticed right after the FC sucked up the sandbag, you skewed him and it looks out of place. Just remember to keep the feet aligned when you skew.

You eased all of your tweens, and kept the animation looking sexy. I was impressed, which doesn't happen very often with Kirby FC's. You got this section down perfectly.

Sounds 1/2

This section hurt your score a little, but it wasn't a major factor. The sounds were good and clear, but I noticed a couple of DBZ sounds in the animation and it kinda distracted me for awhile. Like the rapid attack sequence, I guarantee you can find a million better sounds for that from Street Fighter or Devil May Cray etc....

I'm not saying, NEVER USE DBZ Sounds, but ask yourself "Do they sound good?". Honestly, in awhile you'll get tired of using them and find some better ones.

Overall Score: 7/10 = Wonderful

This was a very well done animation, it had a great and readable flow, the combat was nice to watch, and it was smooth.Just work on the things I pointed out in the animation, and come back and I'll give you another CJ Review :)

I hope this helps

Good Work ~CJ

Thank you soo much for this! it actually kind of inspired me to work on another animation except to incorporate what you said in your critique! anyway whenever i'm done with my next animation/project i hope it turns out better! thanks again!

kirby rust.... 2458l
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan

11/4/2012, 11:42 am
^ No problemo bro, the CJ Review helps all, go forth and make another animation, I the great CJ will be waiting for you Laughing

kirby rust.... Ala_Rubra
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum