Go down
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 11:35 am
Except Heroes still plays NOTHING like Adventure.. The formula of the game is actually closer to the classics than any of the Adventure series (Seven zones with two acts and a boss, special stages and chaos emeralds, multiple diverging pathways, a lot less generic level tropes)

Having mltiple teams (Which as I said play exactly the same) does not automatically make it "Sonic Adventure 3" because by that logic Sonic 3 & Knuckles could be considered Adventure 1.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 12:05 pm
um yea how many levels/zones there are has nothing to do with the game playing like adventure, go do a level without switching to tails or knucles and you'll see its basics are the same.

second every sonic games has multiple paths through a level(granted their alot less noticeable in adventure but they are in fact still there and if i had a cam i'd show you myself)

and they aren't exatcly the same, similar yes(and honestly what characters in the franchise aren't similar) but not exact.

sonic doesn't turn invisible like espio. knuckles doesn't shot rockets and bullets like omega(excluding his bootleg ass super form)

look weather you like in or not the game is still in fact a direct sequal to sa2, its game engine is still there with a few differences,.

now if you just want a game with "adventure" in the title go play sonic rush adventure(wich is actually just a sequal to sonic rush)

a game doesn't have to be exactly the same as the last to be part of that series

example: officially secret rings and black knight are in fact part of the story book arc of sonic, yet their significantly different

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Ichigo10
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 1:41 pm
But it doesn't play anything like Adventure and doesn't have the same name. I've said this multiple fucking times, multiple characters =/= Adventure sequel. How the fuck can you even say it has the same engine. It's completely different, even ignoring the team system and focusing on Sonic it still plays nothing like it. It wasn't intended to be anything like Adventure, it's a completely different game. The "doesn't have to play exactly the same" argument is just stupid, because by that logic I can claim Sonic Colours is a direct sequel to Sonic 06 because you cannot disprove that it is not. At this point all youre saying is "It's a sequel to Sonic Adventure because I said so." There is literally no proof that it's intended as a sequel to SA2. Something that cannot be disproven can still not be proven, the argument is old and has no solid evidence at all.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 3:34 pm
....you are one of the biggest idiots i've ever met.

first of i never said it was a sequal because it had more characters(however saying its not because of that is an equally dumb thing to say)

I said STORYWISE it was a direct sequal, there are several instances in heroes during both gameplay and cutscenes that show how its directly involved with sa1/2. hell even shadow the hedgehog mentions what hapened in between sa2 and heroes. btw if you think just because shadow has a gun it automattically means its 100% different than heroes then you are mistaken.

and no a game doesn't have to play the same to be a direct sequal. in fact sa2 was different than one, you can't walk around and talk to people and do side quest in 2 like in one. so by your logic sa2 isn't really sa2 you think sonic adventure one had kart race mode? tails had a freaken walking plane you think that shit was in 1?(hell no his plane only flew and you only used it once not the whole game) you critisize heroes for adding a team element even though the other aspects of gameplay are still there, yet you comepletely ignore the fact that so much changed between 1 and 2. heroes light dash works the same way it does in 2 (and in sa 1 light dash had to be spin charged) the running is basiclly the same with very slight differences, yea the spin dash was retarted but its about as different from sa2 as the light dash from 1 to 2. jumping is about the same homing attacks are similar, camera still bad. but consistant with previous.

MK9(or simply called Mortal Kombat 2011) is the direct sequal to MK Armegedon, those 2 games play nothing alike but its blaintly obvious that it takes place right afterwars. to even think that sequal = same gameplay is retarted. and a game doesn't need to have the same name to be a sequal either. by that logic then sonic rush adventure should be sa3.

now do you see how badly off your logic is?


___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Ichigo10
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 4:56 pm
It's funny because you're completely missing the point I am trying to make here.

I can't be bothered to try and reply mto everything you just wrote but will say this: There is still no legitimate proof that it is intended to be a sequel and everything you've said is nothing more than speculation. And for the last time having multiple characters does not automatically make it SA3 because that is a retarded argument and has no basis whatsoever.If you want to believ it's a sequel to Sonic Adventure then go ahead but don't go around saying "This is a fact and you're stupid for disagreeing with it" because whther or not you believe it you cannot prove that it was a sequel.

To be honest now I'm half-hoping they do make it just so people will stop going on about how game X is Sonic adventure 3.

On a different note if they do make this it will either kill the series or be the greatst 3D Sonic game ever (Depending on whether or not Sonic Team actually know what they're doing this time)

**EDIT** Oh shit I just remembered this.



SA3 confirmed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 5:39 pm
"No legitimate proof"

man the proof is in the story, hell even sa1 hints at heroes, no it doesn't hint at teams but it does show the possibility of metal sonics return.

1st in sa1 while playing as gamma there is a room with metal sonic in a capsule, obviously being repaired by eggman.

2nd in team rose's ending metal sonic(disguised as eggman) say's "Chaos data successfully copied" he's not talking about chaos emeralds he's talking about Chaos, and if you actually played 1 like you claim you have then you'd know that froggy who was taken by metal sonic, also has had direct contact with chaos and at one point even had a peice of chaos inside him. which is also exactly why metal overlord resembles a dragon, because Chaos 7 had the form of a water dragon.

3rd in Shadow the Hedgehod during the battle with Devil Doom, eggman states that he found shadow AFTER he had fallen from space colony ark, which is why in the beggining of heroes you see shadow in a capsule when rouge finds him.

theres alot more evidence than that of course

STORYWISE heroes is the sequal to sa2, nothing else of significance happens in between the 2 games, aside from eggman finding shadow and spending most of his time makeing an army of shadow copies

now its very clear you havn't been paying attention to what i was saying.

I never said you were stupid for not agreeing, I was saying your arguments are comepletely dumb and heres why.

you stated that "it has teams so it can't be a sequel" that right there makes no sense. first off its only an added mechanic and in no way has anything to do with the storyline that connects the games. 2nd in actuality sa1 had sonic and tails on a team of 2 in some mission, now tails couldn't be controlled by player 1 he either had AI or somebody plugged in a second controller, heroes is only an enhancement of that, but again its only a mechanic of the game and has nothing to do with the storyline, wich takes place just a few months after sa2.

you also say that its not a sequal because its gameplay mechanics are different

but if you actually compare 1 and 2 there a plenty of differences. and i don't feel like listing them right now.

and for some reason you tend to believe that a sequal MUST have a similar name and gameplay elements wich isn't true in the slightest.

A sequal is a continuation of a story and in absolutely no way has anything to do with gameplay(even though excluding teams the gameplay is pretty similar)

ok you understand that last part? sequal=continuation of the story, simply putting the same name and game elements is not the same as calling something a sequal and that is whats wrong with your points

sequals are continuations of stories and in no way have anything to do with gameplay.

just look at windwaker and OoT, storywise windwaker is a sequal to ocarina of time yet there gameplay is very different(and their houndreds of years apart)

idk where you heard that a game must be similar to be a sequal, all a sequal is is a continuation of the story(if it has a story) and there are PLENTY of evidence and facts in heroes(and a few in shadow) that link heroes story to SA2's end as well as events that took place in SA1

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Ichigo10
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 5:47 pm
I'm trying to figure out how making references to another game automatically makes it a direct sequel. That's awful logic. I guess that means Generations is a direct sequel to Secret Rings, then, since it made a direct reference to its story. I mean, whoever heard of a game series with continuity, right? You say gameplay does not have to be the same for it to be a sequel, but making references to taht game's plot does not automatically make it a sequel either.

**EDIT** At what point did I say it has teams so it can't be a sequel? Now you're just twisting my words to fit your own argument because not once did I say that.

Now if you don't mind, I will patiently be awaiting the announcement of Sonic Adventure 12.


Last edited by Blitz n' Burst on 11/23/2012, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 5:53 pm
actually generations is a direct sequal of colors because it happens right afterwards. mentioning secet rings not only makes gen an indirect sequal(it indirect because there are several events in between) but it also makes secret rings canon

in fact why don't you go look up the definition of the word sequel....oh wait here it is right here

"1.A published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.
2.Something that takes place after or as a result of an earlier event."

and um how much time passes between sa2 and heroes? oh thats right a few months

plus the fact that shadow was found in a capsule AFTER falling, in which case if heroes wasn't right after sa2 then he wouldn't have been found there to begin with

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Ichigo10
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 5:54 pm
Well then I guess the topic title had better be changed to I want Sonic Adventure 7 then.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 6:19 pm
theres actually a very bootleg unofficail game called sonic adventure 7 for the gameboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-QHovhESW8

putting that aside for now,

considering how generations ended, sega now has an oportunity to completely change the sonic universe not just for adventure

taking into consideration that young sonic learns homing attack earlier than he should have(or boost if they base it of the 3ds version for whatever reason) and the possibility of past eggman becoming a teacher(lol) combined with the things sonic learned from his time traveling experience. that pretty much leaves the door open for an even bigger time paradox and a completely new story for adventure or any time that will be directly affected by the time thing.

so sa3....or 7....or 0 could end up being one remade with a whole different story and possibly another new enemy....assuming they actually take into account the time travel.

EDIT: "At what point did I say it has teams so it can't be a sequal"

......do the words "Having teams doesn't automatically make it SA3" ring a bell?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Ichigo10
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4902
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 8:57 pm
Yeaah, so like I said before. Something with the past, present, and future. Kinda like Sonic CD, but modern.

ANYWAYS, it's funny Sonic Battle hasn't been mentioned yet. I really would like to see a modern version of that on console because I really, really enjoyed that game. And the story (IMO) was GREAT (Fuck you guys, I cried at the end). But I mean really, the Battle system was pretty addictive in that it was pretty simple but sometimes VERY challenging at the same time. (Took me like fucking 20 times to beat Eggman; and 5000 for Emerl) And that is another thing; Eggman wasn't a joke. He was seriously hard to beat in this game. (Again fuck you guys; it took me a while to beat him.) Anyways, that's might little input.


ALSO, SEGA ought to try an open-world Sonic game. I think it could work out very well because it'd make it easier for us to use each person's ability to their fullest potential. For instance, say you need to go to another place. Sonic could run there and be there virtually instantly; but if you're using Tails then it'll be a little while later. Just a little while because Tails is seriously fast. Seriously, has anyone else noticed that? I mean in '06 he was terribly slow but if you at Adventure 1 he's pretty fast.
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/24/2012, 6:13 am
Ther'es a difference between "this doesn't automaically make something true" and "This exists and completely disproves your argument." That would be like me accusing you of saying something that plays like Sonic Adventure cannot be an Adventure sequel because it plays like an Adventure game - not exactly a strong argument.

No, I do not think this should be a reboot. The series has had so many "reboot" games it's not even funny any more. If they want to try and come up with a new gameplay style, I have no problem with that since a series can become very stale if it keeps the same formula, but trying to "redefine" the series for the fifth time is a horrible idea

No time travel, please, I really do not want another Sonic 06. A Sonic Cd-like system wouldn't work because these games have plot, as opposed to mindlessly running through stages like in the Classics. It would be really overly-complicated to make a system like that work in these types of games. Keep the time-travel to if they ever do a Generations sequel. Although I do feel Classic Sonic should be a character in spin-offs and such (I was disappointed he didn't appear in ASRT)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/24/2012, 11:24 am
Blitz n' Burst wrote:Ther'es a difference between "this doesn't automaically make something true" and "This exists and completely disproves your argument."

.....except i never said it was a sequal because it had teams, in fact my very first post only said that heroes was the sequal then i went on about how i felt about shadow and what i would like to see in a future sonic game. it was you who first brought up teams saying "Having four teams (Which play EXACTLY THE SAME) does not automatically make the game SA3." that was where you didn't make any sense. keeping in mind you thought sequal=same gameplay at the time, even though its deffinition was actually a continuation of the story, you can see why you didn't make any sense to me and why i thought you were stupid. which was also why i gave examples of other games in which their sequals continued the story and had entirely different mechanics of play.

Blitz n' Burst wrote:If they want to try and come up with a new gameplay style, I have no problem with that since a series can become very stale if it keeps the same formula, .

....wait so you were mad when heroes changed things up but your open to new ways of play?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Ichigo10
BDB
BDB
Moderator
Moderator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 3516
Registration date : 2008-11-04
Location : Canada eh!

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/24/2012, 11:39 am
I hope you guys know creating walls of text isn't gonna stop Sega from making their next crap game lololol Very Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Click:
https://soundcloud.com/delgadobosso
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/24/2012, 11:46 am
@5h0ck wrote:
Blitz n' Burst wrote:If they want to try and come up with a new gameplay style, I have no problem with that since a series can become very stale if it keeps the same formula, .

....wait so you were mad when heroes changed things up but your open to new ways of play?

1. Heroes wasn't a bad game because it had a different gameplay style. Heroes was a bad game because it had a bad gameplay style.

2. I never even said anything about it being a bad game anyway, just that it isn't an Adventure sequel. I don't see where you got "Heroes is a bad game" from.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/24/2012, 12:19 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:I never even said anything about it being a bad game anyway, just that it isn't an Adventure sequel. I don't see where you got "Heroes is a bad game" from.

...............

Blitz n' Burst wrote:Heroes was a bad game because it had a bad gameplay style.

Blitz n' Burst wrote:Heroes was a bad game

Blitz n' Burst wrote:Heroes was a bad game

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Double-facepalm

and with that i leave this thread for good.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Ichigo10
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/24/2012, 12:24 pm
You do realise I was referring to my previous arguments, right? Heroes was a bad game, but at not one point did I actually say so, until that one post. In which I said that I hadn't said so in any previous arguments. Please read my posts properly, thank you very much.

Then again, you've been misinterpreting my posts this entire time so I shouldn't even be surprised by now.


___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/27/2012, 5:50 pm
Heros wasn't really a bad game, just a major let down

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 1/7/2013, 11:46 am
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=30604 So hey some guy claiming he knows about "the next Sonic game." Probably just a bullshit rumour but who knows, we've had this happen before. Although to be honest I'm kind of hoping this isn't true because I really don't want a Shadow the Hedgehog level-split thing. (Although if it is true it's most likely more mission-based than the whole morality thing)

To be honest, all I want from the game is multiple playable characters (That don't deviate too much from the base playstyle) some original content (Generations was the pinnacle of "playing it safe," as amazing as it was) and for Eggman to actually be a credible villain. As much criticism as I give SA2's plot and as much as I hate the direction the game took the series, that was one of the few things it did right. He actually did something.

At least we're getting special stages if this is true.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum