Go down
Toxic
Toxic
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 107
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2010-10-03
Location : Guess

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 7:51 am
@Bradders98 wrote:It should:
Use the engine from Sonic Adventure 1

Are you fucking stupid

Even though technology doubles twice a years. With sega having the capability to make an even more powerful engine. You rather have them stay outdated then make a fucking updated engine.

This is worst then the Cod Series using the id tech engine . Dam kid
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2012-08-16
Location : Cyberspace, perfecting Dodge's revamp

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 8:23 am
Alright, I'll be more specific. Its gameplay should be akin to that of Sonic Adventure, albeit more enhanced. Happy now? Damn old man who has trouble spelling.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 26
Number of posts : 4902
Registration date : 2009-01-23
Location : Hollow Bastion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 12:10 pm
@Granadico wrote:Also even if they Chaos Controlled, wouldn't the Ark still be moving? I mean it was speeding through the atmosphere, shouldn't it still have the momentum even though they teleported? /smartass


Not necessarily. With chaos control you literally just move an object to a different space; it's kinda like if you caught a baseball and just set it down in a different spot.
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01
Location : Where I'am

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 1:41 pm
They need to stop whoring Sonic around like a cheap hooker that what they need to do. All the new Sonic games are boring as shit, and I have all of them (except for Dark Brotherhood or whatever and the Rush series.) The speed boosting is a cheap system and while it has been improved its too exploitable considering they give you a billion rings per stage.

The best modern game in my opinion was Unleashed. It had variety and a nice amount of exploration in its levels considering the engine they were using. Also I liked the werehog stages, they were completely fine considering what they were suppose to be. Sonic getting new powers they trade his speed for incredible strength. They also did a decent job with the combat. When you had the choice between boosting and fighting it made the game also more enjoyable. Now ever since Colors the boosting has become so fixed and stale I'm not sure if they can ever redeem they boosting style. Seriously its played out and boring. I also liked Sonic 06, when you look past the glitches and the weird thing with Elise it wasn't bad. Thats the closest thing we are getting SA3 really, hell Wave Ocean can tell you that. Fucking whale can back for revenge. And then it branches off into 3 stories that intertwine. If it wasn't so rushed it would have been SA3 its too fucking obvious and anyone who sees otherwise needs to go back to playing Modern Warfare like you were born doing.

Adventure 1 was okay, but only because it had badnicks. Adventure 2 was great, even though it looses the badnicks(unless you count Green Hill Zone's badnicks). It makes up for it with a much more Sonic like gameplay. It showed how much Sonic grew since his genesis days. You could still tell he was Sonic The Hedgehog, but now he was a much stronger and more agile Sonic. The controls were also better, Adventure 1 felt weird to me compared to Adventure 2. The story in both games were good. I say Adventure 2's story was better because it had more seriousness to it, Eggman was a badass, and someone actually kind died (even though he didn't, but it felt like he should have.).

Serious stories died after Adventure 2 and so did gameplay. While the story with Heroes wasn't bad, it wasn't anywhere near as good as either of Adventures. Metal Sonic's involvement in the story was a nice twist though, but other then that each story felt the same with different dialogue and characters. Even though each of the teams had different reasons for going on their quest, they all ended up more or less going about their guest in the same way. However this could be either because of Metal Sonic's involvement or lazy writing..but maybe a little of both. Honestly I think it has more to do with lazy writing however. Also the whole team gameplay thing wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The idea was decent but pulled off poorly and it took a lot away from the characters powers and abilities individually. That's my main problem with the team system. I would love to solo the story as Knuckles or Shadow, but they don't give you that opinion, and they under power both of those characters significantly. The only teams I would approve of would be Sonic and Tails, Omega and Rouge, Amy and Cream, and Team Chaotix as a whole, because they all work well together. Everyone else should run solo or was MEANT to run solo.

The Riders series was fine for what it was suppose to be, I liked it. Nothing more to say about it rather than it is what it is for what its suppose to be. Its kinda like Sonic and friends taking a break and finding a new hobby and a epic one at that.

All stars racing was decent I suppose, I don't like it but it wasn't bad. Kinda feels like a good Sonic Drift, even though I hated that game.

The Advance series was good, Advance 1 was kinda choppy, but the rest were along improving since then Advance 3 being the best. The best part about advance 2 was the overpowered Cream though, she was the only character I beat the whole game with because I could never get pass some areas with Sonic. Also this felt like a upgraded genesis styled gameplay to me. Advance was good, if they made Advance 4 for the PSP or something I would get it no matter what.

So to sum this up, Sonic games need a serious story that keeps the characters true to themselves and gives each of them their importance. The gameplay needs to focus on a characters specific abilities and allow players to use these abilities in various ways to make it to the goal in multiple ways. Sonic games also need to focus on more than one character to give more depth to the story as well as add variety to the gameplay so you aren't doing the same thing over and over and over and OVER again. When Sega use to make each of the characters genuine in their games, such as giving Tails flight and find higher passage ways, Knuckles the ability to break rock and glide giving him the ability to use different paths, and things of that sort the games were alot better, had value, and weren't bland. Now we got the same game recycled with a new boring theme. The only saving graces for Unleashed were the Werehog stages and the fact that the daytime stages were long as shit. As of right now Sonic is dead, after the disappointment of Generations, its dead. While Generations did give us the opinion of Classic and Modern, Classic was obviously put there because it had to be. Not saying they weren't good, they were fun at times, but that could have done ALOT more with that, and the entire game overall. The story for Generations was boring as fuck. The least they could have done was add a few more stages or at the very least add a shit ton of them for DLC like they did for Unleashed Act 4 ect. stages.

They will never make a SA3, and I don't want them to at this point. Not with the writers they have now, not with the gameplay they have chosen to stick with, not with anything they have chosen to represent one of my favorite idols. As far as I'm concerned, Sonic The Hedgehog is not SONIC THE HEDGEHOG at this point, and these abominations they have created need to stay away from Adventures, because that's the only thing I have left to remind me that Sonic is the Blue Blur.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 1:44 pm
How the fuck did Unleashed have plenty of exploring.

The entire game was pretty much like a tunnel with obstacles with a few alternate paths here and there.


Last edited by Blitz n' Burst on 10/28/2012, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01
Location : Where I'am

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 1:56 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:
@Crazyfilms5000 wrote: They need to stop whoring Sonic around like a cheap hooker that what they need to do. All the new Sonic games are boring as shit, and I have all of them (except for Dark Brotherhood or whatever and the Rush series.) The speed boosting is a cheap system and while it has been improved its too exploitable considering they give you a billion rings per stage.

The best modern game in my opinion was Unleashed. It had variety and a nice amount of exploration in its levels considering the engine they were using. Also I liked the werehog stages, they were completely fine considering what they were suppose to be. Sonic getting new powers they trade his speed for incredible strength. They also did a decent job with the combat. When you had the choice between boosting and fighting it made the game also more enjoyable. Now ever since Colors the boosting has become so fixed and stale I'm not sure if they can ever redeem they boosting style. Seriously its played out and boring. I also liked Sonic 06, when you look past the glitches and the weird thing with Elise it wasn't bad. Thats the closest thing we are getting SA3 really, hell Wave Ocean can tell you that. Fucking whale can back for revenge. And then it branches off into 3 stories that intertwine. If it wasn't so rushed it would have been SA3 its too fucking obvious and anyone who sees otherwise needs to go back to playing Modern Warfare like you were born doing.

Adventure 1 was okay, but only because it had badnicks. Adventure 2 was great, even though it looses the badnicks(unless you count Green Hill Zone's badnicks). It makes up for it with a much more Sonic like gameplay. It showed how much Sonic grew since his genesis days. You could still tell he was Sonic The Hedgehog, but now he was a much stronger and more agile Sonic. The controls were also better, Adventure 1 felt weird to me compared to Adventure 2. The story in both games were good. I say Adventure 2's story was better because it had more seriousness to it, Eggman was a badass, and someone actually kind died (even though he didn't, but it felt like he should have.).

Serious stories died after Adventure 2 and so did gameplay. While the story with Heroes wasn't bad, it wasn't anywhere near as good as either of Adventures. Metal Sonic's involvement in the story was a nice twist though, but other then that each story felt the same with different dialogue and characters. Even though each of the teams had different reasons for going on their quest, they all ended up more or less going about their guest in the same way. However this could be either because of Metal Sonic's involvement or lazy writing..but maybe a little of both. Honestly I think it has more to do with lazy writing however. Also the whole team gameplay thing wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The idea was decent but pulled off poorly and it took a lot away from the characters powers and abilities individually. That's my main problem with the team system. I would love to solo the story as Knuckles or Shadow, but they don't give you that opinion, and they under power both of those characters significantly. The only teams I would approve of would be Sonic and Tails, Omega and Rouge, Amy and Cream, and Team Chaotix as a whole, because they all work well together. Everyone else should run solo or was MEANT to run solo.

The Riders series was fine for what it was suppose to be, I liked it. Nothing more to say about it rather than it is what it is for what its suppose to be. Its kinda like Sonic and friends taking a break and finding a new hobby and a epic one at that.

All stars racing was decent I suppose, I don't like it but it wasn't bad. Kinda feels like a good Sonic Drift, even though I hated that game.

The Advance series was good, Advance 1 was kinda choppy, but the rest were along improving since then Advance 3 being the best. The best part about advance 2 was the overpowered Cream though, she was the only character I beat the whole game with because I could never get pass some areas with Sonic. Also this felt like a upgraded genesis styled gameplay to me. Advance was good, if they made Advance 4 for the PSP or something I would get it no matter what.

So to sum this up, Sonic games need a serious story that keeps the characters true to themselves and gives each of them their importance. The gameplay needs to focus on a characters specific abilities and allow players to use these abilities in various ways to make it to the goal in multiple ways. Sonic games also need to focus on more than one character to give more depth to the story as well as add variety to the gameplay so you aren't doing the same thing over and over and over and OVER again. When Sega use to make each of the characters genuine in their games, such as giving Tails flight and find higher passage ways, Knuckles the ability to break rock and glide giving him the ability to use different paths, and things of that sort the games were alot better, had value, and weren't bland. Now we got the same game recycled with a new boring theme. The only saving graces for Unleashed were the Werehog stages and the fact that the daytime stages were long as shit. As of right now Sonic is dead, after the disappointment of Generations, its dead. While Generations did give us the opinion of Classic and Modern, Classic was obviously put there because it had to be. Not saying they weren't good, they were fun at times, but that could have done ALOT more with that, and the entire game overall. The story for Generations was boring as fuck. The least they could have done was add a few more stages or at the very least add a shit ton of them for DLC like they did for Unleashed Act 4 ect. stages.

They will never make a SA3, and I don't want them to at this point. Not with the writers they have now, not with the gameplay they have chosen to stick with, not with anything they have chosen to represent one of my favorite idols. As far as I'm concerned, Sonic The Hedgehog is not SONIC THE HEDGEHOG at this point, and these abominations they have created need to stay away from Adventures, because that's the only thing I have left to remind me that Sonic is the Blue Blur.

How the fuck did Unleashed have plenty of exploring.

The entire game was pretty much like a tunnel with obstacles with a few alternate paths here and there.

I didn't say plenty, I said a nice amount, at least considering the engine they used. The levels were vast and you had plenty to look at. Yes I know looking doesn't count as exploring, but what Sonic game really let you explore like Sonic really could. I guess Adventure to some degree, but even that was limited to the hubs. Some of the levels were semi-exploratory but you would have to go back to the main path to complete the level.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 1:58 pm
@Crazyfilms5000 wrote: They need to stop whoring Sonic around like a cheap hooker that what they need to do. All the new Sonic games are boring as shit, and I have all of them (except for Dark Brotherhood or whatever and the Rush series.) The speed boosting is a cheap system and while it has been improved its too exploitable considering they give you a billion rings per stage.

The best modern game in my opinion was Unleashed. It had variety and a nice amount of exploration in its levels considering the engine they were using. Also I liked the werehog stages, they were completely fine considering what they were suppose to be. Sonic getting new powers they trade his speed for incredible strength. They also did a decent job with the combat. When you had the choice between boosting and fighting it made the game also more enjoyable. Now ever since Colors the boosting has become so fixed and stale I'm not sure if they can ever redeem they boosting style. Seriously its played out and boring. I also liked Sonic 06, when you look past the glitches and the weird thing with Elise it wasn't bad. Thats the closest thing we are getting SA3 really, hell Wave Ocean can tell you that. Fucking whale can back for revenge. And then it branches off into 3 stories that intertwine. If it wasn't so rushed it would have been SA3 its too fucking obvious and anyone who sees otherwise needs to go back to playing Modern Warfare like you were born doing.

Adventure 1 was okay, but only because it had badnicks. Adventure 2 was great, even though it looses the badnicks(unless you count Green Hill Zone's badnicks). It makes up for it with a much more Sonic like gameplay. It showed how much Sonic grew since his genesis days. You could still tell he was Sonic The Hedgehog, but now he was a much stronger and more agile Sonic. The controls were also better, Adventure 1 felt weird to me compared to Adventure 2. The story in both games were good. I say Adventure 2's story was better because it had more seriousness to it, Eggman was a badass, and someone actually kind died (even though he didn't, but it felt like he should have.).

Serious stories died after Adventure 2 and so did gameplay. While the story with Heroes wasn't bad, it wasn't anywhere near as good as either of Adventures. Metal Sonic's involvement in the story was a nice twist though, but other then that each story felt the same with different dialogue and characters. Even though each of the teams had different reasons for going on their quest, they all ended up more or less going about their guest in the same way. However this could be either because of Metal Sonic's involvement or lazy writing..but maybe a little of both. Honestly I think it has more to do with lazy writing however. Also the whole team gameplay thing wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The idea was decent but pulled off poorly and it took a lot away from the characters powers and abilities individually. That's my main problem with the team system. I would love to solo the story as Knuckles or Shadow, but they don't give you that opinion, and they under power both of those characters significantly. The only teams I would approve of would be Sonic and Tails, Omega and Rouge, Amy and Cream, and Team Chaotix as a whole, because they all work well together. Everyone else should run solo or was MEANT to run solo.

The Riders series was fine for what it was suppose to be, I liked it. Nothing more to say about it rather than it is what it is for what its suppose to be. Its kinda like Sonic and friends taking a break and finding a new hobby and a epic one at that.

All stars racing was decent I suppose, I don't like it but it wasn't bad. Kinda feels like a good Sonic Drift, even though I hated that game.

The Advance series was good, Advance 1 was kinda choppy, but the rest were along improving since then Advance 3 being the best. The best part about advance 2 was the overpowered Cream though, she was the only character I beat the whole game with because I could never get pass some areas with Sonic. Also this felt like a upgraded genesis styled gameplay to me. Advance was good, if they made Advance 4 for the PSP or something I would get it no matter what.

So to sum this up, Sonic games need a serious story that keeps the characters true to themselves and gives each of them their importance. The gameplay needs to focus on a characters specific abilities and allow players to use these abilities in various ways to make it to the goal in multiple ways. Sonic games also need to focus on more than one character to give more depth to the story as well as add variety to the gameplay so you aren't doing the same thing over and over and over and OVER again. When Sega use to make each of the characters genuine in their games, such as giving Tails flight and find higher passage ways, Knuckles the ability to break rock and glide giving him the ability to use different paths, and things of that sort the games were alot better, had value, and weren't bland. Now we got the same game recycled with a new boring theme. The only saving graces for Unleashed were the Werehog stages and the fact that the daytime stages were long as shit. As of right now Sonic is dead, after the disappointment of Generations, its dead. While Generations did give us the opinion of Classic and Modern, Classic was obviously put there because it had to be. Not saying they weren't good, they were fun at times, but that could have done ALOT more with that, and the entire game overall. The story for Generations was boring as fuck. The least they could have done was add a few more stages or at the very least add a shit ton of them for DLC like they did for Unleashed Act 4 ect. stages.

They will never make a SA3, and I don't want them to at this point. Not with the writers they have now, not with the gameplay they have chosen to stick with, not with anything they have chosen to represent one of my favorite idols. As far as I'm concerned, Sonic The Hedgehog is not SONIC THE HEDGEHOG at this point, and these abominations they have created need to stay away from Adventures, because that's the only thing I have left to remind me that Sonic is the Blue Blur.

How the fuck did Unleashed have plenty of exploring.

The entire game was pretty much like a tunnel with obstacles with a few alternate paths here and there.

Why the fuck do you all want serious stories in a Sonic game? What is wrong with you people?

I like the new gameplay. I have no idea how any of you can call generations "boost-to-win," there are plenty of alternate routes and getting too boost happy will get you killed unless you've got the world's best recation time or have prety much memorised the stage.

No, they're not using the Adventure gameplay, because they have no fucking idea how to make a game like that. The only good game using the Adventure gameplay was the first Adventure, since it actually let you explore instead of running forward with a few jumps. People complain about the linearity of the newer games and yet SA2 was actually MORE linear than Generations and Colours. I find it amuisng that you criticise Colours for the boosting despite the fact that the boost is pretty much useless in Colours. The new Sonic isn't the Dreamcast Sonic in the same way that Dreamcast is not Classic Sonic. You can't honestly expect them to keep uysing that gameplay when all it did was kill Sonic in the majority's eyes.

And Sonic is dead when people stop liking it. Generations has restored the series for most people, so just because you don't like the games doesn't automatically make the games dead. I think you need to sort out the objective and subjective flaws in your argument.

I'm just going to ignore the part where you said you liked 06.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 1:59 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@Granadico wrote:Also even if they Chaos Controlled, wouldn't the Ark still be moving? I mean it was speeding through the atmosphere, shouldn't it still have the momentum even though they teleported? /smartass


Not necessarily. With chaos control you literally just move an object to a different space; it's kinda like if you caught a baseball and just set it down in a different spot.
Exactly, if you throw a ball, stop time and move it somewhere else and start time again, its still gonna be moving in whatevr direction it was going, it'll just be in a diffrent spot

And yeah i agree with Crazy, SA1 kinda pissed me off a lot with the engine. Unleashed was like the best modern sonic game cuz of the exploration and the speed and everything, but i never played the other ones so to me its not outdated or whored out or anything. Hero's storyline was acceptable, but its true a lot of them should be alone, especially Knuck and Shadow (though i guess its understandable for Shadow with the memory loss thing). Agree with Cheese being rigged in Advance, she rapes the shit out of all the boss battles lol

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 2:02 pm
Adventure would be, like, ten times better if it weren't for the awful camera and the way you control on the ground.

And if Big wasn't in the game.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01
Location : Where I'am

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 2:17 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:
@Crazyfilms5000 wrote:
Spoiler:
They need to stop whoring Sonic around like a cheap hooker that what they need to do. All the new Sonic games are boring as shit, and I have all of them (except for Dark Brotherhood or whatever and the Rush series.) The speed boosting is a cheap system and while it has been improved its too exploitable considering they give you a billion rings per stage.

The best modern game in my opinion was Unleashed. It had variety and a nice amount of exploration in its levels considering the engine they were using. Also I liked the werehog stages, they were completely fine considering what they were suppose to be. Sonic getting new powers they trade his speed for incredible strength. They also did a decent job with the combat. When you had the choice between boosting and fighting it made the game also more enjoyable. Now ever since Colors the boosting has become so fixed and stale I'm not sure if they can ever redeem they boosting style. Seriously its played out and boring. I also liked Sonic 06, when you look past the glitches and the weird thing with Elise it wasn't bad. Thats the closest thing we are getting SA3 really, hell Wave Ocean can tell you that. Fucking whale can back for revenge. And then it branches off into 3 stories that intertwine. If it wasn't so rushed it would have been SA3 its too fucking obvious and anyone who sees otherwise needs to go back to playing Modern Warfare like you were born doing.

Adventure 1 was okay, but only because it had badnicks. Adventure 2 was great, even though it looses the badnicks(unless you count Green Hill Zone's badnicks). It makes up for it with a much more Sonic like gameplay. It showed how much Sonic grew since his genesis days. You could still tell he was Sonic The Hedgehog, but now he was a much stronger and more agile Sonic. The controls were also better, Adventure 1 felt weird to me compared to Adventure 2. The story in both games were good. I say Adventure 2's story was better because it had more seriousness to it, Eggman was a badass, and someone actually kind died (even though he didn't, but it felt like he should have.).

Serious stories died after Adventure 2 and so did gameplay. While the story with Heroes wasn't bad, it wasn't anywhere near as good as either of Adventures. Metal Sonic's involvement in the story was a nice twist though, but other then that each story felt the same with different dialogue and characters. Even though each of the teams had different reasons for going on their quest, they all ended up more or less going about their guest in the same way. However this could be either because of Metal Sonic's involvement or lazy writing..but maybe a little of both. Honestly I think it has more to do with lazy writing however. Also the whole team gameplay thing wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The idea was decent but pulled off poorly and it took a lot away from the characters powers and abilities individually. That's my main problem with the team system. I would love to solo the story as Knuckles or Shadow, but they don't give you that opinion, and they under power both of those characters significantly. The only teams I would approve of would be Sonic and Tails, Omega and Rouge, Amy and Cream, and Team Chaotix as a whole, because they all work well together. Everyone else should run solo or was MEANT to run solo.

The Riders series was fine for what it was suppose to be, I liked it. Nothing more to say about it rather than it is what it is for what its suppose to be. Its kinda like Sonic and friends taking a break and finding a new hobby and a epic one at that.

All stars racing was decent I suppose, I don't like it but it wasn't bad. Kinda feels like a good Sonic Drift, even though I hated that game.

The Advance series was good, Advance 1 was kinda choppy, but the rest were along improving since then Advance 3 being the best. The best part about advance 2 was the overpowered Cream though, she was the only character I beat the whole game with because I could never get pass some areas with Sonic. Also this felt like a upgraded genesis styled gameplay to me. Advance was good, if they made Advance 4 for the PSP or something I would get it no matter what.

So to sum this up, Sonic games need a serious story that keeps the characters true to themselves and gives each of them their importance. The gameplay needs to focus on a characters specific abilities and allow players to use these abilities in various ways to make it to the goal in multiple ways. Sonic games also need to focus on more than one character to give more depth to the story as well as add variety to the gameplay so you aren't doing the same thing over and over and over and OVER again. When Sega use to make each of the characters genuine in their games, such as giving Tails flight and find higher passage ways, Knuckles the ability to break rock and glide giving him the ability to use different paths, and things of that sort the games were alot better, had value, and weren't bland. Now we got the same game recycled with a new boring theme. The only saving graces for Unleashed were the Werehog stages and the fact that the daytime stages were long as shit. As of right now Sonic is dead, after the disappointment of Generations, its dead. While Generations did give us the opinion of Classic and Modern, Classic was obviously put there because it had to be. Not saying they weren't good, they were fun at times, but that could have done ALOT more with that, and the entire game overall. The story for Generations was boring as fuck. The least they could have done was add a few more stages or at the very least add a shit ton of them for DLC like they did for Unleashed Act 4 ect. stages.

They will never make a SA3, and I don't want them to at this point. Not with the writers they have now, not with the gameplay they have chosen to stick with, not with anything they have chosen to represent one of my favorite idols. As far as I'm concerned, Sonic The Hedgehog is not SONIC THE HEDGEHOG at this point, and these abominations they have created need to stay away from Adventures, because that's the only thing I have left to remind me that Sonic is the Blue Blur.

How the fuck did Unleashed have plenty of exploring.

The entire game was pretty much like a tunnel with obstacles with a few alternate paths here and there.

Why the fuck do you all want serious stories in a Sonic game? What is wrong with you people?

I like the new gameplay. I have no idea how any of you can call generations "boost-to-win," there are plenty of alternate routes and getting too boost happy will get you killed unless you've got the world's best recation time or have prety much memorised the stage.

No, they're not using the Adventure gameplay, because they have no fucking idea how to make a game like that. The only good game using the Adventure gameplay was the first Adventure, since it actually let you explore instead of running forward with a few jumps. People complain about the linearity of the newer games and yet SA2 was actually MORE linear than Generations and Colours. I find it amuisng that you criticise Colours for the boosting despite the fact that the boost is pretty much useless in Colours. The new Sonic isn't the Dreamcast Sonic in the same way that Dreamcast is not Classic Sonic. You can't honestly expect them to keep uysing that gameplay when all it did was kill Sonic in the majority's eyes.

And Sonic is dead when people stop liking it. Generations has restored the series for most people, so just because you don't like the games doesn't automatically make the games dead. I think you need to sort out the objective and subjective flaws in your argument.

I'm just going to ignore the part where you said you liked 06.

All Sonic games are linear, because the objective of the levels is to make it to the goal. The only other reason to explore was to find items for Chaos and those rings/keys to collect Chaos emeralds. Colors was down right confusing for no reason, and was basically a huge fucking extension on the Eggmanland level from Unleashed. "Boost-to-win" in Generations was harder to do, but I've done it on plenty of the levels. Some of the level require platforming, but after that you just boost until you get to another platforming area just like in Colors and Unleashed.

I don't mean serious serious, just a story that feels like a story that has meaning. A story that isn't rushed and boring, with a few plot twist that make you wonder if Sonic and friends can actually win this time. In Generations they were obviously going to win and Colors was just a walk in the park for Sonic.

I do remember saying Sonic is dead to ME. I don't force my opinions others only share them. Sonic 06 was fun to me, so whatever. Hopefully you have genuine reasons for hating it and your not just riding that bandwagon say "IT WAZ DAH WOARST SAWNIC GAEM AVERRR!!!1!! WUT HEL WAZ SAGA TEHINKING!!!!1!1! FUUUUUU!!11!1!". Seriously, the Egg-Genesis boss was epic.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 2:43 pm
I don't mean serious serious, just a story that feels like a story that has meaning. A story that isn't rushed and boring, with a few plot twist that make you wonder if Sonic and friends can actually win this time. In Generations they were obviously going to win and Colors was just a walk in the park for Sonic.

Again, this is why I liked Unleashed so much. It was taking itself seriously, and did try and make the characters' actions believable, but it wasn't some dark and edgy furry drama, and it had plenty of humour.

I do agree that Generations needed way more story, though. It's the rare instance where I actually want more plot in a Sonic game. To be honest, I think they were intending to have more but cut it out for whatever reason. Although apparently it had something to do with Big so it may partially have been a good thing. ._.

I liked Eggman's characterisation in Colours. They made him funny without making him a total butt monkey, which I appreciate. Plus he actually DID SOMETHING instead of being betrayed by the monster of the week for the fiftieth fucking time. Say what you want about the rest of the plot, but SEGA finally got Eggman right in Colours. He was mostly there as comic relief but when things got serious he knew what he was doing.

Adventure 1 pulled off the multiple characters the best, at least in terms of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. They all played the same with their own abilities but had different objectives. Sonic was just get to the finish, Tails was a race (Admittedly it might have worked better if it was the other way aroun,d but I guess it makes more sense to give the main character the most simplistic gameplay) and Knuckles was looking for shiny things. I think they should do something like this again in SA3 (Since to be honest that's probably what it'll be) Sonic, with his boost and homing attack, would be fast-paced get-to-the-finish styled gameplay, Tails would be slower, with more platforming and exploration, and Knuckles would be looking for rocks again. I liked it in SA1. The problem with SA2 was that

a)For some retarded reason they decided to make it so you can only find them in a specific order

b)The levels were massive. There's a fucking limit to how big you should make the levels, especially if you're going to make us look all over the level three times

c) The hints were stupid. Every one was in either riddles, half truths, written backward and sometimes they will actually outright lie. (Although that might just have been Mad Space)

Those three issues were what made it so tedious in SA2.

The mech shooters were so awful because they broke the gameplay so much. Iwant to at least feel like I'm playing a Sonic game. Knuckles may have been out of place but at least he controlled like a Sonic character. Not only were the mech shooters extremely boring but didn't even fit in with the gameplay.

I also don't want to be forced to play other characters like in 06. If I'm playing Sonic's story, I'm playing it because I want to play as Sonic. Another reason I hate SA2, you have no choice of who you're playing as. I liked beign able to go back to Sonic's stages after playing through some nausea-inducing fishing stages, not having to complete the stages I can't stand just to get to the next Sonic stage.

Hell, the game should pretty much be Unleashed except with multiple characters and Generations' controls and level design for Sonic. Also, Super Sonic is a must-have.
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01
Location : Where I'am

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 3:04 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't mean serious serious, just a story that feels like a story that has meaning. A story that isn't rushed and boring, with a few plot twist that make you wonder if Sonic and friends can actually win this time. In Generations they were obviously going to win and Colors was just a walk in the park for Sonic.

Again, this is why I liked Unleashed so much. It was taking itself seriously, and did try and make the characters' actions believable, but it wasn't some dark and edgy furry drama, and it had plenty of humour.

I do agree that Generations needed way more story, though. It's the rare instance where I actually want more plot in a Sonic game. To be honest, I think they were intending to have more but cut it out for whatever reason. Although apparently it had something to do with Big so it may partially have been a good thing. ._.

I liked Eggman's characterisation in Colours. They made him funny without making him a total butt monkey, which I appreciate. Plus he actually DID SOMETHING instead of being betrayed by the monster of the week for the fiftieth fucking time. Say what you want about the rest of the plot, but SEGA finally got Eggman right in Colours. He was mostly there as comic relief but when things got serious he knew what he was doing.

Adventure 1 pulled off the multiple characters the best, at least in terms of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. They all played the same with their own abilities but had different objectives. Sonic was just get to the finish, Tails was a race (Admittedly it might have worked better if it was the other way aroun,d but I guess it makes more sense to give the main character the most simplistic gameplay) and Knuckles was looking for shiny things. I think they should do something like this again in SA3 (Since to be honest that's probably what it'll be) Sonic, with his boost and homing attack, would be fast-paced get-to-the-finish styled gameplay, Tails would be slower, with more platforming and exploration, and Knuckles would be looking for rocks again. I liked it in SA1. The problem with SA2 was that

a)For some retarded reason they decided to make it so you can only find them in a specific order

b)The levels were massive. There's a fucking limit to how big you should make the levels, especially if you're going to make us look all over the level three times

c) The hints were stupid. Every one was in either riddles, half truths, written backward and sometimes they will actually outright lie. (Although that might just have been Mad Space)

Those three issues were what made it so tedious in SA2.

The mech shooters were so awful because they broke the gameplay so much. Iwant to at least feel like I'm playing a Sonic game. Knuckles may have been out of place but at least he controlled like a Sonic character. Not only were the mech shooters extremely boring but didn't even fit in with the gameplay.

I also don't want to be forced to play other characters like in 06. If I'm playing Sonic's story, I'm playing it because I want to play as Sonic. Another reason I hate SA2, you have no choice of who you're playing as. I liked beign able to go back to Sonic's stages after playing through some nausea-inducing fishing stages, not having to complete the stages I can't stand just to get to the next Sonic stage.

Hell, the game should pretty much be Unleashed except with multiple characters and Generations' controls and level design for Sonic. Also, Super Sonic is a must-have.

That's pretty much the only way that could do it and make it enjoyable. With that add a story that makes you wonder and gives the characters important roles and you've got the best Sonic game of this decade.

Also mech/badnicks/enemies besides bosses have never been much of a issue for Sonic. Hell its one of his trademarks, easily breaking Robuttnicks "complex and state of the art" toys. In SA2 though the only thing I didn't like was how they made you completely stop when you spindashed into them, that was stupid. Oddly it didn't do that when you summer-salted through them though.

I like how they made Eggman the main threat in Colors too, that was nice. Although Sonic still won too easily, but that can be said about any main protagonist.

I hated that about SA2 story mode too, so I completely agree with your view points on the story modes for both games except you kinda were still forced to play as all the characters eventually to beat the game. I guess they made two main story modes in SA2 to make it go a little faster, and that's the only upside to it in my opinion however.

So we all agree Unleashed was the shit? Yep okay Unleashed was the shit case closed on that one.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 3:25 pm
All I really want in terms of characterisation and plot is for them to:

A) Make sure Sonic isn't too cocky. I'm not saying he shouldn't be a cocky deadpan snarker, cause that's what fits him best, but tone it down.

B) Tone down on the humour. A lot of it was really just hit-and-miss. Some lines were funny while others really just made me cringe. This also kind of ties in with the first one.

C) If Amy's in it, seriously, make her more than the clingy fangirl. That's why I hate her so much, all there is to her character is chasing Sonic around like a fucking stalker. The only games that even did ANYTHING with her beyond that were Adventure and 06 (Which was one of the few things I liked about the game, really. Granted, it wasn't executed very well, but at least they tried to do something with her)

And please no more monster of the weeks. I'd much rather have Eggman build a giant ship or death robot or something as opposed to him unleashing another god of destruction.

I also kind of want special stages to make a return but obviously that's not going to happen if they're making SA3.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2012-08-16
Location : Cyberspace, perfecting Dodge's revamp

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 5:23 pm
Taking into consideration everything that's been said, I'll give you this:
1)Generations was not boost to win. Nor was Colours.
2)Some games should be serious but not all.
3)If there is a Sonic Heroes 2 it should have solo stories and different scripts.
4)The monster thing is getting old now. Apart from Time Eater, all of them have defied him.
5)We need another Death Egg.
6)We need Advance 4 on PSP and 3DS as an eShop download.
7)I love the Advance art style, they need to keep it.
8)Silver should be like Cream in terms of gameplay; massively overpowered.
9)Sonic games need more DLC.
10) Upcoming games should go back to how Sonic played in the Adventure games.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 5:26 pm
@Bradders98 wrote:10) Upcoming games should go back to how Sonic played in the Adventure games.

And then there is major fan backlash and the sonic fandom declares Sonic ruined forever, thus killing SEGA due to lack of sales.

Because the Sonic fanbase hates any decision SEGA makes, no exceptions.
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/28/2012, 5:46 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:
@Bradders98 wrote:10) Upcoming games should go back to how Sonic played in the Adventure games.

And then there is major fan backlash and the sonic fandom declares Sonic ruined forever, thus killing SEGA due to lack of sales.

Because the Sonic fanbase hates any decision SEGA makes, no exceptions.
Maybe that's cuz they keep making bad ones?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Crazyfilms5000
Crazyfilms5000
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2010-08-01
Location : Where I'am

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/29/2012, 1:39 pm
Besides, why are you guys worried about SA3 anyway? I'm sure none of you got a A-rank on Metal Harbor is SA2 yet!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 2q1w31i
"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2012-08-16
Location : Cyberspace, perfecting Dodge's revamp

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/29/2012, 2:51 pm
Actually, I did. Cool
Cheers for that.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 12956
Registration date : 2008-11-18
Location : On the computer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/29/2012, 5:19 pm
@Crazyfilms5000 wrote:Besides, why are you guys worried about SA3 anyway? I'm sure none of you got a A-rank on Metal Harbor is SA2 yet!
Notsureifsrs, is that actually hard to get?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/29/2012, 5:25 pm
It's only hard to get if you don't know where the shortcut is, if I remember correctly.

And by hard I mean impossible.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
Bradders98
Bradders98
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 22
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2012-08-16
Location : Cyberspace, perfecting Dodge's revamp

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 10/29/2012, 5:49 pm
Which one are you talking about?
If you mean the one where you grab the top handle of the missile then I'm some game breaking God/Troll (delete as appropriate).

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest spritesheet - Dodge the Boost Brawler (GBA Style - Cameo [Basic] Pack)
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/22/2012, 2:13 pm
You know what I want for Sonic's 25th? The Mario and Sonic crossover that people have been waiting for for years.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/22/2012, 3:45 pm
.... heroes was 3 and frankely it could have had much better multiplayer.

shadow was a solo ver of hero with better running, better camera, and weps/vehicles although some missions were straight up retarted(find cream and cheese, help charmy find chips). but the ability to use chaos blast/control was good step up since in sa2 chaos control was pretty damn limited and spear was auto hit.
but there are different versions of chaos control and we've yet to have a game where the player can fully and freely use every version(speed, teleport, time slow, time travel, flight) and the player never gets to use chaos spear the way shadow is able to(example lancelot returns)

of course shadow isn't the only person who's abilities are never fully given to the players

it'd be nice if we got sonic's true speed for once,(at least in my oppinion) we all know he can move at speed of sound, and while its true that the player most likely won't be able to tell were the fuk they going it would still be nice to have it selectable in options or something.

i mean from my experience sonic was fastest in black knight(if you leveled out the speed style) and when he was the highest speed the game allowed i had trouble telling where i was going but it was still fun despite the crashing, and after about an hour finnally got used to it.

all i'm sayin is i wouldn't mind a game where we got full acess to a character,(and that goes for other series as well.)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Ichigo10
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 21
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
Location : Scotland

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/22/2012, 3:55 pm
How the fuck was heroes SA3. Having four teams (Which play EXACTLY THE SAME) does not automatically make the game SA3.

Sonic 06 was pretty much SA3 by a different name, which is precisely why I want SEGA to stay away from that name as much as possible.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 UZ3PNb5
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: I want Sonic Adventure 3

on 11/23/2012, 11:14 am
lets see aside from the teammates the gameplay for sonic didn't really change that much, the spin dash was dumbed down but there were still the same homing attacks same ring dash similar controls, some stages let you go the whole path as just sonic so yea in that regard its pretty much the same engine just slightly altered to accomodate for the extra characters.

if the extras bother you that much then just use action replay or hack yo shit(whichevers easier for you) and remove them.

and for the record sonic and shadowed played the same in sa2, so thats nothing to complain about.

technically 06 was 4(unless you wanna count shadow the hedgehog then its 5)

and story wise heroes was only a few months after sa2

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want Sonic Adventure 3 - Page 2 Ichigo10
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum