Saul
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Empty Sanji Destroys Pikachu

9/24/2012, 2:13 pm

Last edited by Saulgp on 9/24/2012, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Tumblr_n3ks24gVXv1rydwbvo1_500Sanji Destroys Pikachu CmHNDLR
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Empty Re: Sanji Destroys Pikachu

9/24/2012, 2:52 pm
I liked it, but you need to use some easing. there's none in this o_o

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan

9/24/2012, 2:56 pm
How do you do that and for what???? O.o

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Tumblr_n3ks24gVXv1rydwbvo1_500Sanji Destroys Pikachu CmHNDLR
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

9/24/2012, 2:57 pm
Saulgp wrote:How do you do that and for what???? O.o

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan

9/24/2012, 3:10 pm
@NS01 wrote:

¬¬

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

9/24/2012, 3:30 pm
you should have used that other sprite,this one moved like a maple char

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Untitl15
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

9/24/2012, 3:35 pm
Saulgp wrote:
@NS01 wrote:

¬¬

Google easing ffs.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan

9/24/2012, 3:39 pm
@Face wrote:you should have used that other sprite,this one moved like a maple char
LOL wut do you mean with that?

Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2011-07-21

9/24/2012, 3:54 pm
Ok let's Begin the CJ Review:

Introduction 0.5/1

The intro was.....interesting. Instead of the usual beginning things with characters kicking each other around the screen, you made Pikachu "fall" on Sanji. Wth. Where did he fall from? You gotta be more clear on exactly on what kind of tension is there. Well it was just an Intro so I can't really say much on that.

Next up, is how exactly did the fight begin. Pikachu gave Sanji a cute smile and clearly made it clear that he was gonna kick his ass. (0.0 Just awesome).

Combat 1.5/3

The fight itself was watchable, and what I mean by that is there wasn't a point in the animation where I wanted to close it. Be proud of that. But you still need to work on alot of things.

The first would be the V cam. Honestly, All of the attacks seemed extremely dull and weak. Look at Sanji's Rapid Kick, it seemed like he was lightly tapping Pikachu. This is coming from the guy who can break rocks as if they were made out of glass. Abuse the shit out of the V cam, Rape it until there's nothing left. (Not really, but you know what I mean).

Another note was Impact. None of the characters went through the ground.....Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?
I expected Sanji to be sent flying through that Rock behind him from Pikachu's Volt Tackle, instead he get's lightly pushed into it. Don't make me slap you. You NEED to put more impact into your moves to make them more Dramatic, I'm not saying for EVERY single move make someone go through a mountain, but when you build up a move, make it feel special Razz

After that, The fight had a good flow, and it was equal as it could get between a human and a mouse. (lol).

Effects 1.5/2

The hitsparks you used in the beginning....get rid of them right now. They are COMPLETELY overused, ugly, and makes your video more noobish. You can easily find better and new ones, or matter of fact you don't have to use any at all. As long as you know how to animate the impact correctly with the v cam, and character's skewing, you don't need hit sparks, but they are appealing so it's recommended you get some.

Aside from that, you had decent usage of effects, from Pikachu's Lightning bolts, to Sanji's Diable Jambe. I like how you didn't effects rape, but condemn you on how you could have used effects in better places.

Smoothness and Skewing 0.5/2

I'mma be straight out honest, I found this animation very stiff. There was barely any skewing done, and where you did have skewing it looked dis functioned like when Sanji was resting on the floor. Also I noticed that you didn't ease your tweens. Bad move bro,....bad move. Easing makes their movements look realistic and overall more appealing, without it your animation looses the smoothness that it needs to be considered good. (IMHO)

Sounds 1/2

The sound sfx you used were....ok. They weren't AMAZING, but I could get through them. The only problem I found was that the Voice Clips Overshadowed the sfx ALOT. Dont do this. The voice clips should always be behind the sfx. If you do it this way, whenever a character attacks, you can feel their tension and strength in every punch/kick/slash, and it makes each attack unique. By not doing this, you make each attack as equal as the next, and the animation becomes boring to watch and hear.
I'm proud you didn't use DBZ sounds in this, even though I'm fine with them, It's good to see animations without them :)

Overall Score: 5/10 = Decent

Overall the animation was decent. As I've noted, shake the v cam more, add more impact to your attacks, skew and learn how to ease, and do not overlap your Voice sfx with your Sounds Sfx.

Good job :)

Hope this helps you

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Ala_Rubra
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan

9/24/2012, 4:15 pm
@Cooljoshua567 wrote:Ok let's Begin the CJ Review:

Introduction 0.5/1

The intro was.....interesting. Instead of the usual beginning things with characters kicking each other around the screen, you made Pikachu "fall" on Sanji. Wth. Where did he fall from? You gotta be more clear on exactly on what kind of tension is there. Well it was just an Intro so I can't really say much on that.

Next up, is how exactly did the fight begin. Pikachu gave Sanji a cute smile and clearly made it clear that he was gonna kick his ass. (0.0 Just awesome).
Well, indeed he´s a wild Pikachu falling of a tree, but yeah i could be more clear in how he fell
Nice you liked the smile he had

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:Combat 1.5/3
The fight itself was watchable, and what I mean by that is there wasn't a point in the animation where I wanted to close it. Be proud of that. But you still need to work on alot of things.

The first would be the V cam. Honestly, All of the attacks seemed extremely dull and weak. Look at Sanji's Rapid Kick, it seemed like he was lightly tapping Pikachu. This is coming from the guy who can break rocks as if they were made out of glass. Abuse the shit out of the V cam, Rape it until there's nothing left. (Not really, but you know what I mean).

Another note was Impact. None of the characters went through the ground.....Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?
I expected Sanji to be sent flying through that Rock behind him from Pikachu's Volt Tackle, instead he get's lightly pushed into it. Don't make me slap you. You NEED to put more impact into your moves to make them more Dramatic, I'm not saying for EVERY single move make someone go through a mountain, but when you build up a move, make it feel special Razz

After that, The fight had a good flow, and it was equal as it could get between a human and a mouse. (lol).
D: you caught me there and yes i didn´t realized that he could go through the ground >.< mistake

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:
Effects 1.5/2

The hitsparks you used in the beginning....get rid of them right now. They are COMPLETELY overused, ugly, and makes your video more noobish. You can easily find better and new ones, or matter of fact you don't have to use any at all. As long as you know how to animate the impact correctly with the v cam, and character's skewing, you don't need hit sparks, but they are appealing so it's recommended you get some.

Aside from that, you had decent usage of effects, from Pikachu's Lightning bolts, to Sanji's Diable Jambe. I like how you didn't effects rape, but condemn you on how you could have used effects in better places.
LOL really? hitsparks? where can i find new ones, i´ve googled all i could to find those

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:
Smoothness and Skewing 0.5/2

I'mma be straight out honest, I found this animation very stiff. There was barely any skewing done, and where you did have skewing it looked dis functioned like when Sanji was resting on the floor. Also I noticed that you didn't ease your tweens. Bad move bro,....bad move. Easing makes their movements look realistic and overall more appealing, without it your animation looses the smoothness that it needs to be considered good. (IMHO)
Ohhhh ok i will do it next time, i just didn´t even knew wtf they were and i can´t find any good tutorial of it, i just find the ones that works with buttons and i'm really bad with AS

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:
Sounds 1/2

The sound sfx you used were....ok. They weren't AMAZING, but I could get through them. The only problem I found was that the Voice Clips Overshadowed the sfx ALOT. Dont do this. The voice clips should always be behind the sfx. If you do it this way, whenever a character attacks, you can feel their tension and strength in every punch/kick/slash, and it makes each attack unique. By not doing this, you make each attack as equal as the next, and the animation becomes boring to watch and hear.
I'm proud you didn't use DBZ sounds in this, even though I'm fine with them, It's good to see animations without them :)
OK voice clips behind SFX

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:
Overall Score: 5/10 = Decent

Overall the animation was decent. As I've noted, shake the v cam more, add more impact to your attacks, skew and learn how to ease, and do not overlap your Voice sfx with your Sounds Sfx.

Good job :)

Hope this helps you
OK thanks man this really helped me Very Happy

Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan

9/24/2012, 4:26 pm
@Saulgp: I'll send you some of my hit sparks, bro.

As for easing and skewing, there should be a tutorial on here if not ask Leo, or SXR, I'm not perfect at it myself, but if u still want me to teach you about it i'll pm u

NTA
NTA
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2011-01-09

9/24/2012, 5:33 pm
Nice volt tacke. Was expecting sanji to explode and die Twisted Evil

I'm sure eric has a tutorial or two that includes easing

Sanji Destroys Pikachu 96m4
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

9/24/2012, 5:36 pm
@NTA wrote:Nice volt tacke. Was expecting sanji to explode and die Sanji Destroys Pikachu 2694226609

the title is sanji destroy's pikachu... why would you expect sanji to die.

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
NTA
NTA
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2011-01-09

9/24/2012, 5:59 pm
>_> I forgot about the title while watching the animation Razz

Sanji Destroys Pikachu 96m4
YoshiSonic
YoshiSonic
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1302
Registration date : 2010-11-05

9/24/2012, 7:22 pm
Gives me motivation. I don't know what easing is too, except motion easing(never used it though I think it makes thing move paced then slow down but i don't know how to put more then one frame in a motion tween without stopping it all together) also I need spark sprites too (blue)

But this isnt my thread but if someone wants to pm me the deats, that would be cool.

Anyway this animation is cool over all gave me an idea with my upcoming animation im gonna use before i start the other one. 7/10 mostly because of the weak sfx and the v cam movement

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Dancing-happy-yoshi Sanji Destroys Pikachu 259ab217
Crash
Crash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2010-04-07

9/24/2012, 9:04 pm
needs more smooth

Sanji Destroys Pikachu 50fe6f8bcc
W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan

9/24/2012, 9:20 pm
@Crash wrote:needs more smooth

You mean "It needs to be smoother" ?

Tray
Tray
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-05-26

9/24/2012, 9:38 pm
I enjoy this allot but wish attacks impacts was much stronger .

Cooljoshua567
Cooljoshua567
Spritan
Spritan

9/24/2012, 10:46 pm
@Tray wrote:I enjoy this allot but wish attacks impacts was much stronger .

Exactly what i said in my earlier post

Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

9/25/2012, 3:06 am
eh...ah....oh...
well i mean it wasn't BAD in anyway...
but i think everyone already said what you need to do so...
high five?

"Interesting sig text"

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Youtub10
ZoneAeris
ZoneAeris
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-02-23

9/25/2012, 6:38 am
...y u hurt pikachu? and y it so stiff?... and pillows.

Sanji Destroys Pikachu YXZFp
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan

9/25/2012, 8:50 am
@Cooljoshua567 wrote:@Saulgp: I'll send you some of my hit sparks, bro.

As for easing and skewing, there should be a tutorial on here if not ask Leo, or SXR, I'm not perfect at it myself, but if u still want me to teach you about it i'll pm u
Yayy send me those cool hitsparks you saying, i´ll look a tutorial here, if i don´t find any i´ll make one

@SXR123 wrote:
@NTA wrote:Nice volt tacke. Was expecting sanji to explode and die Sanji Destroys Pikachu 2694226609

the title is sanji destroy's pikachu... why would you expect sanji to die.

@NTA wrote:>_> I forgot about the title while watching the animation Razz
Ehmm.... wut SXR said.... just kidding, thanks dude

@YoshiSonic wrote:Gives me motivation. I don't know what easing is too, except motion easing(never used it though I think it makes thing move paced then slow down but i don't know how to put more then one frame in a motion tween without stopping it all together) also I need spark sprites too (blue)

But this isnt my thread but if someone wants to pm me the deats, that would be cool.

Anyway this animation is cool over all gave me an idea with my upcoming animation im gonna use before i start the other one. 7/10 mostly because of the weak sfx and the v cam movement
wow thanks YoshiSonic,

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:
@Crash wrote:needs more smooth

You mean "It needs to be smoother" ?
Lrn2English

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:
@Tray wrote:I enjoy this allot but wish attacks impacts was much stronger .

Exactly what i said in my earlier post
That seems to be the main thing i had wrong...

@Tal wrote:eh...ah....oh...
well i mean it wasn't BAD in anyway...
but i think everyone already said what you need to do so...
high five?
EHh...Uhhhh... Ohhh You aren´t MEAN but you act like a Tal

@ZoneAeris wrote:...y u hurt pikachu? and y it so stiff?... and pillows.
Y u no deal that Pikachu´s weaker than Sanji? Y u no show any animation?...Good lord, you talk like if you were a badass at Flash

D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

9/25/2012, 1:53 pm
1- I call bullshit. Volt tackle would end Sanji, just because Pikachu did it.

2- There was no sense of impact whenever Pikachu hit the ground

Sanji Destroys Pikachu Untitl11
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4902
Registration date : 2009-01-23
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ntn5nE-2rEXLA8GQ7mtsAhttps://rapidfir3pho3nix.deviantart.com/https://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888https://twitter.com/rapidfir3animshttps://www.facebook.com/Rapidfir3Pho3nix/https://www.twitch.tv/rapidfir3pho3nix

9/25/2012, 2:11 pm
I liked it. Lol yeah, everybody has pretty much said what needs improvements but I'm going to add a bit more on easing.

Easing makes motions look more smooth by making them look natural. For instance, when someone jumps their velocity going up is higher at the beginning of the jump versus the velocity when they reach the peak of their jump. This is because when you reach the peak of your jump your velocity is 0. So when you animate a character jumping they need to start fast and gradually lose speed until they reach 0, or stop at the peak of their jump. You can do this by "easing" out. By easing out the sprite of the character jumping is more separated at the start to emulate a high velocity then as the motion progresses the sprites become closer and closer to emulate a falling velocity. This looks a lot better then someone jumping and maintaining a constant velocity because this introduces physics into your animation which creates a more natural and fluid motion. That's the advantage of easing.
Saul
Saul
Spritan
Spritan

9/25/2012, 2:15 pm
@D3Anims wrote:1- I call bullshit. Volt tackle would end Sanji, just because Pikachu did it.
Ehmm no man Sanji receives really well impacts and if a Blanka wins Pikachu, Sanji moarr >:C

@D3Anims wrote:2- There was no sense of impact whenever Pikachu hit the ground
Pikachu didn´t impact the ground, i made that on purpose... Pikachus are really lightweight ...

@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:I liked it. Lol yeah, everybody has pretty much said what needs improvements but I'm going to add a bit more on easing.

Easing makes motions look more smooth by making them look natural. For instance, when someone jumps their velocity going up is higher at the beginning of the jump versus the velocity when they reach the peak of their jump. This is because when you reach the peak of your jump your velocity is 0. So when you animate a character jumping they need to start fast and gradually lose speed until they reach 0, or stop at the peak of their jump. You can do this by "easing" out. By easing out the sprite of the character jumping is more separated at the start to emulate a high velocity then as the motion progresses the sprites become closer and closer to emulate a falling velocity. This looks a lot better then someone jumping and maintaining a constant velocity because this introduces physics into your animation which creates a more natural and fluid motion. That's the advantage of easing.
Well yep next time i´ll do all that, Glad you liked it ;D

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum