11 posters
Go down
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Defines a Character to you?

9/2/2012, 9:19 pm
isn't your avatar about 5 times bigger than the sprites actual size

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Ichigo10
Raddious
Raddious
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2012-06-13

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Empty Re: What Defines a Character to you?

9/2/2012, 9:20 pm

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Raddio11
I drew this in my boredom...
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

9/3/2012, 9:58 am
He means that the character is better but the sprite is bad. Like what I was saying on the first page but backwards.

And now I have the sudden urge to resprite it. What's wrong with me D:

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 UZ3PNb5
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

9/3/2012, 10:55 am
aren't we getting a little off topic here
isn't this supposed to be a discussion about what defines a character to us?
Rockin
Rockin
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-04-14

9/3/2012, 4:45 pm
@Leo wrote:aren't we getting a little off topic here

Yeah, I thought I made a post about this earlier. Seems the forum keeps eating my posts.

This is a place to talk about what DEFINES a character, not a critique topic. I believe art/WIP sub forums are what ya looking for lol
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

9/3/2012, 5:10 pm
@Rockin wrote:

Yeah, I thought I made a post about this earlier. Seems the forum keeps eating my posts.

This is a place to talk about what DEFINES a character, not a critique topic. I believe art/WIP sub forums are what ya looking for lol
oh so you people listen to Leo but not me ;~;

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Rockin
Rockin
Spritan
Spritan

9/3/2012, 7:14 pm
@Granadico wrote:
@Rockin wrote:

Like I said, I was sure I attempted to make a post about that, but it seemed like it dissipeared. LOL

*pats back* Don't worry, I heard you :C
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

9/4/2012, 12:48 pm
@Granadico wrote:oh so you people listen to Leo but not me ;~;

did you even say anything about this?

v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

9/4/2012, 4:46 pm
@Granadico wrote:
@Rockin wrote:

A Mexican with authority is in itself just a big joke

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Lorde
Granadico
Granadico
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12958
Registration date : 2008-11-18
https://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

9/4/2012, 4:57 pm
@5h0ck wrote:
@Granadico wrote:oh so you people listen to Leo but not me ;~;

did you even say anything about this?
@Granadico wrote:
@Raddious wrote:Is this better? Or did I make another fail?
not sure this is the right topic for that question.
everyone ignored meh D: lol just get back on topic already >_>

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Granadico made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Rockin
Rockin
Spritan
Spritan

9/4/2012, 8:23 pm
Let's try and see if we could keep this in topic.

Sieghart wrote:
@NS01 wrote:Originality. That's about it. We barely see anything fresh on these threads.
You know people say they want originality but:
  • Originality doesn't make things good
  • There is probably nothing original left in this world. Sure you make think something's original, but it's not, just because it's not overused doesn't mean it's original.

Now let's all have a big flamewar

If there truly was no originality, then I believe the world would be a dull place (when, currently, it's clearly not). If there was nothing original of a said subject/genre, then people would cease working on said genre and work on something new. I think there's still avenues of originality, and we, like any artist, must 'bring it to life'

@5h0ck wrote:speaking of kirby fc's i never see anything for the enemies/side characters.

I only see kirbies. not knuckle joes. no friggies, not even the bosses get edited. only kirby(at least from what i've seen)

Shouldn't be surprised. Good guy characters like Kirby are the usual base for Fan characters (in terms of species).

I looked back at the few pages, and I saw a lot of people want 'originality' in the character. In the post however, no one really explained what they want to be original.

There are two things that all one's need to portray a character propertly.

- Their personalities

- their look.

Both of these things are key essentials to propertly making a character. There's many types of looks and personalties you can try and mix together...but what are your types of characters (in terms of either looks or personalities) that you like/dislike?

Looks are not my main focus, but I do tend to favor the more badass/smartass type of characters. I don't tend to like the cliche sort of characters....nor am I into the cocky sort of guys that are as frail as tissue paper lol
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

9/4/2012, 8:53 pm
@Rockin wrote:
Sieghart wrote:
@NS01 wrote:Originality. That's about it. We barely see anything fresh on these threads.
You know people say they want originality but:
  • Originality doesn't make things good
  • There is probably nothing original left in this world. Sure you make think something's original, but it's not, just because it's not overused doesn't mean it's original.

Now let's all have a big flamewar

If there truly was no originality, then I believe the world would be a dull place (when, currently, it's clearly not). If there was nothing original of a said subject/genre, then people would cease working on said genre and work on something new. I think there's still avenues of originality, and we, like any artist, must 'bring it to life
That's dumb.
Everything has been done, thought out, described, written, imagined, or any other method of conveying thoughts. There is nothing original, people just confuse original with under-used.

What Defines a Character to you? - Page 3 Lorde
Rockin
Rockin
Spritan
Spritan

9/4/2012, 9:16 pm
Sieghart wrote:

That's dumb.
Everything has been done, thought out, described, written, imagined, or any other method of conveying thoughts. There is nothing original, people just confuse original with under-used.

I suppose so, but something that's under-used may be some sort of distant relative to original.

when you see something you rarely see, a lot of time, you think 'Hey, that's pretty original' or 'Hey that's something you don't see often.'

I guess a person's vision/defitnition of 'under-used'/'original' is like a person determining whether a cup is either half full or half empty.
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan

9/4/2012, 9:46 pm
Sieghart wrote:Everything has been done

*looks up power i just thought of* nope not everything(as far as characters go)

@Rockin wrote:
Sieghart wrote:original, people just confuse original with under-used.

I suppose so, but something that's under-used may be some sort of distant relative to original.

when you see something you rarely see, a lot of time, you think 'Hey, that's pretty original' or 'Hey that's something you don't see often.

or perhaps the person who says its original has never ever seen said object before.

NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

9/4/2012, 9:52 pm
imagined

HOW CANS YOU READ MAH MIND

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Leo
Leo
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

9/4/2012, 9:53 pm
Honestly, I kind of agree with Joey.
I mean, you can't really come up with something COMPLETELY NEW, something that no one has seen yet. If you really think about it, everything is based on something that exists already. Even the most creative stuff ever.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum