The Conversation Thread

+31
AaronKun
Reeves
Rapidfir3Pho3nix
ANIME SPRITER7.4
BDB
NTA
Rockin
SᗡN
Saul
LoneVeritas
RnR
Kane
Crash
Ray*~*Ler
Face
ShoopDaWhoop
Toxic
NS01
BlitznBurst
Luigiman364
AzuStar
Leo
D3Anims
Granadico
DemonicDragony93
5h0ck
v2
SXR123
xShufflee
Mistah_Jayden
Leaf
35 posters
Go down
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
Location : skype lol
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 8:44 pm
@Face wrote:
@NS01 wrote:HEY EVERYONE.

Who do you like better? Me or Seigy boy here I love you
I like you more then that pussy ass fool,He had the power of Admin, He was actually doing well in his role and gave it up because he couldn't take a few complaints from a few members.... That's "Weakness Of Character" A trait I never would have believed he had and one I detest most in people. you sir (Sieghart) Are a disgrace to the Spritas.......sorry bastard.....
it's posts like these that make me wonder if you come here because you like us or if you come to make sure we don't pansy the place up somehow.
edit: Derp? i'm a freshman spritan now!! Derp?
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:04 pm
@SXR123 wrote:The reason eric wanted more mods is because (no offense to you guys) almost all the current mods/admins are... pretty much inactive. DD, Jayden, Leo(Not mods xD), Granny, Patt, Lange even Eric. Granted, for some of them it's not their fault. Lange has deathbattles so he can't really check up regularly. Eric doesn't have internet so... yeah...

Leo has lost interest in this site, Jayden's busy with DBZ vortex/Vacation. DD betrayed us for Maplemation and granny is... well he's granny Very Happy

Patt is... well I don't know what the fuck he's doing. He's got life, so, he's probably enjoying it. Everyone is busy, hell even i'm starting to get a little more busy. I still come here because I enjoy talking to you guys. I don't get much help when it comes to resources and the community around here... well it's not REALLY a community. We get the rare people who stay, but they eventually leave.

All this site really is is just a pass through site. Nothing exciting. Nothing keeping them. ALL we do is sprites (We only animate them no one here sprites), there's no deviation. I'm sure we could get a larger audience if we were to incorporate other things. I remember knuxy used to show us some drawn animation... but what happened to that? It was ignored. The only REAL artists on this site are leo and knux. (Pixel artists and 3D modeling is also considered art, so no that's not true. In fact people that animation should only be artists of some sort) They both come to drop off a few drawings, say hi to a few guys and leave. They have no business here because all we do is sprites. (Not true, everyone simply restricts themselves. Animations whether drawn, sprited or made with Cum have no difference. Sprites aren't limited, it's as simple as how can you animate drawings when you can't draw.)

You guys have been experimenting with 3D lately, but you're still holding yourself back by JUST working with sprites (Nope). To be honest, if any of you plan on making this a career then I would suggest forgetting about sprites and moving on.(again nope, unless you want it to be a paid career. Then you can move on but don't really have to abandon.) we need a variety of animations here. Something to get us more attention from animators who DON'T just work with sprites. ( Variation is needed but disregarding sprites as a whole makes us back to square one. If we all drew we'd be in the same position.
)
Let's face it, the only new spriters that are here are kids who look at sprite videos, go "WOW THAT'S SO AWESOME!" They happen to stumble upon our little site here, see how much it takes, get bored and move on. It's rare that a new member comes here and stays. and even if they do stay for a few weeks or so they end up leaving because they, once again, get bored.( We're inactive and have no motive. Of course they're gonna leave. I would lol. To post a shitty animation and not get anything from you guys would make anyone not come back, because there's nothing to offer them. )

I know we have a completed animations section and you go "well why not just put a finished 3D animation or 2D animation in there?" Because none of you want to see it. You only want sprites, which is understandable. We need to face the fact that sprite animation is dying. As soon as SMBZ died we were SURE of that. That was literally the one thing that kept spriters inspired, it kept them coming back. But it's gone now. I don't want sprites to die, they were fun and always will be. I know that I'll never stop making sprite animations but I'll sure as hell not use them for quite awhile. To be honest all they've done is hold me back. Once my movies done, i'm done with sprites. For a good while. (Nope, not true. People that make good drawn animations don't even consider posting it here. Sure Leo draws and so does Knux, but they rarely post it here. A drawn animation has expectations as well. I'm not going to go comment on a simple stick figure walking and call it a day. Depends on the animator and his style. Sprite animation isn't dying. It's just as I said before there's no logic in animating something you can't draw. Yet people don't understand that logic and completely blame spriting as a whole. There just isn't anyone to basically show people spriting capabilities. One animation from Lange got him a job from screw attack. Why? Because he basically shown the world what can be done with sprites and they wanted that. If it were drawn it would have been like oh thats beast. But the fact that it's made with sprites is like holy shit this nigga is Jesus. Everyone can draw but no one can sprite. So to sprite animate to the fullest it makes sense to sprite.)

All of us need to get off our asses, come up with REAL suggestions on how to make this site better, how to keep people coming, how to make them stay. We've got to offer something, a monthly contest for people to partake in. Hell, now that I've got a job I could probably offer up a little prize money. I wouldn't mind. I'd hate to see this site die and all you guys disappearing T^T. The most I could offer up would MAYBE be $50.

If you guys have any ideas for ANYTHING. PLEASE. voice them. That is my rant. I hope you enjoy.


You guys aren't dead. Just...lost.
Sure as I said before the site's design is hideous, and the colors are atrocious.
The people here lurk too much, we all fail at animating since 95% of them are never completed including collabs,
There's no incentive to do ANYTHING here at all, except leech and laugh at some of the failures produced.
But you guys have something a lot of forums don't

Despite how boring as hell we are here. There's a selective few that are active. Lurking, sure. But we're still here. We have no reason to post. So when I chill with Eric, I'ma bitch at him. Then I'll get back to you guys.
But never blame spriting for our failures. That's practically an excuse.


Last edited by Mistah_Jayden on 8/19/2012, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Siglookingassnigga
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:08 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:
@SXR123 wrote:The reason eric wanted more mods is because (no offense to you guys) almost all the current mods/admins are... pretty much inactive. DD, Jayden, Leo(Not mods xD), Granny, Patt, Lange even Eric. Granted, for some of them it's not their fault. Lange has deathbattles so he can't really check up regularly. Eric doesn't have internet so... yeah...

Leo has lost interest in this site, Jayden's busy with DBZ vortex/Vacation. DD betrayed us for Maplemation and granny is... well he's granny Very Happy

Patt is... well I don't know what the fuck he's doing. He's got life, so, he's probably enjoying it. Everyone is busy, hell even i'm starting to get a little more busy. I still come here because I enjoy talking to you guys. I don't get much help when it comes to resources and the community around here... well it's not REALLY a community. We get the rare people who stay, but they eventually leave.

All this site really is is just a pass through site. Nothing exciting. Nothing keeping them. ALL we do is sprites We only animate them no one here sprites, there's no deviation. I'm sure we could get a larger audience if we were to incorporate other things. I remember knuxy used to show us some drawn animation... but what happened to that? It was ignored. The only REAL artists on this site are leo and knux. Pixel artists and 3D modeling is also considered art, so no that's not true. In fact people that animation should only be artists of some sort They both come to drop off a few drawings, say hi to a few guys and leave. They have no business here because all we do is sprites. Not true, everyone simply restricts themselves. Animations whether drawn, sprited or made with Cum have no difference. Sprites aren't limited, it's as simple as how can you animate drawings when you can't draw.


You guys have been experimenting with 3D lately, but you're still holding yourself back by JUST working with sprites Nope. To be honest, if any of you plan on making this a career then I would suggest forgetting about sprites and moving on.again nope we need a variety of animations here. Something to get us more attention from animators who DON'T just work with sprites. Variation is needed but disregarding sprites as a whole makes us back to square one. If we all drew we'd be in the same position.

Let's face it, the only new spriters that are here are kids who look at sprite videos, go "WOW THAT'S SO AWESOME!" They happen to stumble upon our little site here, see how much it takes, get bored and move on. It's rare that a new member comes here and stays. and even if they do stay for a few weeks or so they end up leaving because they, once again, get bored. We're inactive and have no motive.

I know we have a completed animations section and you go "well why not just put a finished 3D animation or 2D animation in there?" Because none of you want to see it. You only want sprites, which is understandable. We need to face the fact that sprite animation is dying. As soon as SMBZ died we were SURE of that. That was literally the one thing that kept spriters inspired, it kept them coming back. But it's gone now. I don't want sprites to die, they were fun and always will be. I know that I'll never stop making sprite animations but I'll sure as hell not use them for quite awhile. To be honest all they've done is hold me back. Once my movies done, i'm done with sprites. For a good while. Nope, not true. People that make good drawn animations don't even consider posting it here. Sure Leo draws and so does Knux, but they rarely post it here. A drawn animation has expectations as well. I'm not going to go comment on a simple stick figure walking and call it a day. Depends on the animator and his style. Sprite animation isn't dying. It's just as I said before there's no logic in animating something you can't draw. Yet people don't understand that logic and completely blame spriting as a whole. There just isn't anyone to basically show people spriting capabilities. One animation from Lange got him a job from screw attack. Why? Because he basically shown the world what can be done with sprites and they wanted that. If it were drawn it would have been like oh thats beast. But the fact that it's made with sprites is like holy shit this nigga is Jesus. Everyone can draw but no one can sprite. So to sprite animate to the fullest it makes sense to sprite.

All of us need to get off our asses, come up with REAL suggestions on how to make this site better, how to keep people coming, how to make them stay. We've got to offer something, a monthly contest for people to partake in. Hell, now that I've got a job I could probably offer up a little prize money. I wouldn't mind. I'd hate to see this site die and all you guys disappearing T^T. The most I could offer up would MAYBE be $50.

If you guys have any ideas for ANYTHING. PLEASE. voice them. That is my rant. I hope you enjoy.


You guys aren't dead. Just...lost.
Sure as I said before the site's design is hideous, and the colors are atrocious.
The people here lurk too much, we all fail at animating since 95% of them are never completed including collabs,
There's no incentive to do ANYTHING here at all, except leech and laugh at some of the failures produced.
But you guys have something a lot of forums don't

Despite how boring as hell we are here. There's a selective few that are active. Lurking, sure. But we're still here. We have no reason to post. So when I chill with Eric, I'ma bitch at him. Then I'll get back to you guys.
But never blame spriting for our failures. That's practically an excuse.




So maybe like a giant makeover and just something to inspire people again? And If you dont mind answering whats leeching?
SXR123
SXR123
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 27
Number of posts : 11632
Registration date : 2010-03-07
Location : You know, a place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:11 pm
WHY YOU GOTTA PICK AT MY RANT. IT MAKES ME FEEL STUPID. T^T

I wasn't trying to blame sprites, I was just thinking that maybe we should spruce the site up with something new, I dunno... I was just thinking...

and DD betrayed us for maple?! D:

Shuffle, leeching is when a person joins, takes what they want and leaves. Like a leech.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
Location : skype lol
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:15 pm
sxr explained leeching.
and yeah, dd's a buttload more active at maple than he is here.
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:16 pm
who is DD?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:16 pm
@xShufflee wrote:So maybe like a giant makeover and just something to inspire people again? And If you dont mind answering whats leeching?

Indeed. In DBZ Vortex, our admin abandoned us. The other admin and I relocated and are changing the forum as we go and so far it's been more active than it's ever been in the past 2 and half years. Makeovers surprisingly do shit. And ironically I thank Joey for it because it was mainly because of him.

Leeching is when you join a site to take their resources and run away.

@SXR123 wrote:WHY YOU GOTTA PICK AT MY RANT. IT MAKES ME FEEL STUPID. T^T

I wasn't trying to blame sprites, I was just thinking that maybe we should spruce the site up with something new, I dunno... I was just thinking...

and DD betrayed us for maple?! D:

Shuffle, leeching is when a person joins, takes what they want and leaves. Like a leech.

XD I love you too.

I had too though, You're right about diversity we need it. But how can the majority know how good it is. If that homo Leo and Knux or any other drawing animator don't post anything good to set an example?

DD did. I see him active there most of the time. Most of the things he comments on youtube are Maple.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Siglookingassnigga
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:16 pm
ohhhhhhhh and having a big event brings lots of people together i remember a collab for a game that people stopped playing but when they released a huge update type of thing everyone came back. So the site needs like a big reopening type of deal like everyone telling each others about the site and having a makeover idk just blurting out ideas lol

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
Location : skype lol
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:20 pm
@xShufflee wrote:who is DD?
darkdragon581 here and on maplemation, darknivlac on youtube, creator of samuel, the kirby in kranimations series, and in destructionseries' new series.
Mistah_Jayden
Mistah_Jayden
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 30
Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Location : New York City

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:22 pm
Last time I saw him here was when you guys jumped him on how he's greedy with FX. After that, never saw em again lol.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Siglookingassnigga
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
Location : skype lol
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:24 pm
lol i remember that! xD i don't get why people acted like it was something new since he's been doing that forever >.>

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sword Gradients with Leaf c:
The Conversation Thread Awkwar10
The Conversation Thread Pikach11
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:25 pm
Ohh yeah i watched that guys videos on youtube makes me sad though on how he does more maple now and i hear that maplemation is kinda fucked up right now.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17
Location : your girls DMs

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:27 pm
@Mistah_Jayden wrote:
Indeed. In DBZ Vortex, our admin abandoned us. The other admin and I relocated and are changing the forum as we go and so far it's been more active than it's ever been in the past 2 and half years. Makeovers surprisingly do shit. And ironically I thank Joey for it because it was mainly because of him.
The Conversation Thread Tumblr_lrqosu8iSk1qltt8q

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Lorde
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 25
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
Location : skype lol
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:28 pm
it is? what's wrong with it? i wonder if they talk about us half as much as we talk about them...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sword Gradients with Leaf c:
The Conversation Thread Awkwar10
The Conversation Thread Pikach11
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 9:30 pm
I hear that their website has something that is saying there website can harm your computer and since its only maple there so probably although they should Cool

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 10:55 pm
there forums are currently glitch and they say its an easy fix(although if its easy you'd think it'd be fixed by now)

anyways how about we get affiliated with fluidanims and maple(after they fix their current problem). perhaps expanding our horizens will help us out a bit.

and how about we add a game section. while its true that most of the regulars here aren't doing anything game related it would still be nice to have the exist. and perhaps some of us can make a few quick games to get things started.

and also i noticed that when screww attack credits lange for the death battles they only mention his youtube page. maybe we can ask lange to ask them to link to his spritas page as well.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Ichigo10
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17
Location : your girls DMs

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 10:56 pm
I think we should wait for the portal to finish before afiliating, otherwise we'll have nothing special to offer different from maplemation or fluidanims, we'd still be just another forum.

On that subject, I decided to kick my ass into high gear and work more on the portal.
There you go you sadistic bastards.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Lorde
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 10:58 pm
@5h0ck wrote:there forums are currently glitch and they say its an easy fix(although if its easy you'd think it'd be fixed by now)

anyways how about we get affiliated with fluidanims and maple(after they fix their current problem). perhaps expanding our horizens will help us out a bit.

and how about we add a game section. while its true that most of the regulars here aren't doing anything game related it would still be nice to have the exist. and perhaps some of us can make a few quick games to get things started.

and also i noticed that when screww attack credits lange for the death battles they only mention his youtube page. maybe we can ask lange to ask them to link to his spritas page as well.


Well fluidanims is affiliated with stickpage and they arent about sprites because they technically draw their animations porlly maplemation would be a good option if they ever fix it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 10:59 pm
Sieghart wrote:I think we should wait for the portal to finish before afiliating, otherwise we'll have nothing special to offer different from maplemation or fluidanims, we'd still be just another forum.

On that subject, I decided to kick my ass into high gear and work more on the portal.
There you go you sadistic bastards.


LET'S GET THE WEBSITE TO ITS PREVIOUS GLORY even though i wasnt here at that time but I really want this website to be more active :)

Edit:
(Sorry for double post)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Age : 24
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17
Location : your girls DMs

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 11:01 pm
@xShufflee wrote:
Sieghart wrote:I think we should wait for the portal to finish before afiliating, otherwise we'll have nothing special to offer different from maplemation or fluidanims, we'd still be just another forum.

On that subject, I decided to kick my ass into high gear and work more on the portal.
There you go you sadistic bastards.


LET'S GET THE WEBSITE TO ITS PREVIOUS GLORY even though i wasnt here at that time but I really want this website to be more active :)
t
What do you mean us
I'm the one doing the work here
@xShufflee wrote:Edit:
(Sorry for double post)
This sentence perplexes me


Last edited by Sieghart on 8/19/2012, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Lorde
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 11:02 pm
Sieghart wrote:
@xShufflee wrote:Edit:
(Sorry for double post)
This sentence perplexes me


You being perplexed by my sentence perplexes me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 11:13 pm
some of us here draw our stuff and even make our own sprites. so i don't see why being afiliated with fluidanims(or any other animation related site for that matter) would be a problem.

but yea siegharts right we(and by we i mean jelly) should probably finnish dat portal first since we need it more than anything.

........I'm still gonna stick by that game suggestion.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Ichigo10
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 11:16 pm
Well sprites and stickfigure are 2 diff things but they are both ways of animating so yeah I can see that happening and fluidanims kinda moved to stickpage if you didnt know.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
5h0ck
5h0ck
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 29
Number of posts : 7620
Registration date : 2010-09-08
Location : Drinking your expired K
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 11:21 pm
@xShufflee wrote:stickpage.

never heard of it

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The Conversation Thread Ichigo10
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Age : 23
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

The Conversation Thread Empty Re: The Conversation Thread

8/19/2012, 11:22 pm
Well they moved there so yeah all the new animations from fluidanims people moved there and post there now.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum