xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 Empty Re: Chaos Emerald DX

8/15/2012, 10:09 pm
^ Sorry to say but I agree with Leo, excluding a select few, the sprite animating community is falling or should I say has fallen to a pretty pathetic state, where originality is taboo it seems
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

8/15/2012, 10:17 pm
It's the fear of screwing up. You shouldn't be afraid of making huge mistakes or even small ones. DO MISTAKES! It's the way you learn. You learn by struggling with things. If you're not struggling you're not learning.

All this fear makes people resort to copying things that are already successful in hopes that they'll be safe. But they won't. Those who lose the fear of taking risks are the ones who are doing the best sprite movies today.

And lastly, uniqueness is not an requirement but that doesn't mean you should copy stuff (well at least not for doing finished work like this. Studies are fine).
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2012-02-13

8/15/2012, 10:23 pm
Well, what you are talking about here is originality, obviously not sonic nor mario nor anything related is original these days, we know it, you know it, so we cant really see something original these days, except me and my friend TkTheSpriter are doing a new series, nothing sonic, mario or dbz realted, actually its not related to any anime!
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

8/15/2012, 10:32 pm
What makes something original is the way you put it together, not if you created it. DZ's Sonic vs mario was original, and phenomenal especially for the time it came out. Again, it's the way you put it together that makes it original Laughing
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-09-11

8/15/2012, 11:42 pm
I had... this amazing... 6 paragraph rant about why this animation needs to be critiqued on the animation itself not the contents of the idea or what influenced the creator. he didnt ask for a life lesson or a teaching on why apparently his ways are flawed, get a new way of life. But i deleted it. Since I guarantee it wouldnt have gotten any sense to anyone. Wouldnt have changed a thing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 1bc99df4279fec8b2d213581d1a37e1f9cd0a787f054c4d43

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 Jaden_yuki_signature_by_woofersrb-d50qemp

That goes double.... for a duel.
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

8/16/2012, 12:03 am
It was just too much, you know?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 Untitl15
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2012, 12:12 am
What ive noticed is that there r some animations tht once they get to a certain point u know how the style is gonna go from here on out. I do encourage that if u find your going to be watching a style you do not like, do not continue to watch. This goes for everyone. Unless you have some obligated duty to keep watching lol.

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

8/16/2012, 12:16 am
well I didn't want to short change him I guess I could have just said nothing,kept my mouth shut but that WaelAlzFlash guy hit a nerve.....and this animation hit one too....I'll leave it at that.

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 Untitl15
Leo
Leo

8/16/2012, 12:32 am
@THE2ndNarutox wrote:What ive noticed is that there r some animations tht once they get to a certain point u know how the style is gonna go from here on out. I do encourage that if u find your going to be watching a style you do not like, do not continue to watch. This goes for everyone. Unless you have some obligated duty to keep watching lol.

Well if someone is posting work here, then this person must be ready to be critiqued.
After all, this is on the internet and now everyone can see this. And obviously some people aren't going to like it.
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2012, 12:36 am
Obviously. But i dont see where that translates into watching something you don't wanna watch. It's not like hes forcing ppl to watch it.

THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2012, 12:37 am
@Face wrote:well I didn't want to short change him I guess I could have just said nothing,kept my mouth shut but that WaelAlzFlash guy hit a nerve.....and this animation hit one too....I'll leave it at that.
what? ok hang on im gonna do more reading. And srry for the double.

EDIT:
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Sorry for double post, but i need to clear that in a way, my critiques has nothing to do with my taste, ill still spot things out, i also did say *I think i did* somethings about minor flaws and the background isnt PNG but JPEG, my critiques are still sharp as ever, i just like these type of animations more, you see, they have much more action then your latest animation, you get what i mean, your animation didnt even have a fight lol! so that made it even easier for me to spot your things, but when you are in a fast action paced fight, its going to be harder to pick out faults, i did aswell. but i just, forgot them lol, and i dont want to load up another 33 mb flash!

Face did you mean this comment?

Leo
Leo

8/16/2012, 12:48 am
@THE2ndNarutox wrote:Obviously. But i dont see where that translates into watching something you don't wanna watch. It's not like hes forcing ppl to watch it.

Whenever someone posts an animation here, I actually DO wanna watch it. I want to see if it's good or it's just the daily dose of generic crap. He's not forcing, but I wanted to watch it anyway. If I didn't want to, I could have just stayed out of this topic. But I didn't.

Also, you said a bit earlier that we should talk about the animation itself and not the contents...well, whenever I watch a sprite movie, I try to look at the whole thing. Not just bits and blobs of it. Sure, when something actually has raw potential (like this guy) I can actually say "okay this was decent", but it still didn't fully entertain me. Only a part of it or some other aspect of it that I did enjoy, but other things which also contribute to that whole weren't very entertaining.

Again, it's decent, but it's not mindblowingly great. This guy has potential (actually everyone has lmfao), I like his ideas, but he's still not there.
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan

8/16/2012, 12:59 am
Then it looks like I have nothing to worry about. You clearly understand the problem.

Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

8/16/2012, 1:31 am
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Yep, Dude, your execution was 100% CORRECT!
Dude, i think now you beated SMBZ for some reason, you made a perfect sprite anime!

you do realize that half of the spritas animate better then alvin right?

"Interesting sig text"

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 Youtub10
Leaf
Leaf
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-02-27
https://www.facebook.com/TJTrollberry

8/16/2012, 10:28 am
@Tal wrote:
Dude, i think now you beated SMBZ for some reason, you made a perfect sprite anime!

it's not even a compliment when somebody says you animate better than alvin. i saw this one super choppy, slow flash somewhere and like five of the comments were "wow! this is way better than smbz! i can't find anything wrong with it!" :l besides, you can't technically say that you're better than alvin because he stopped animating awhile ago, and sometimes people get better at it without even trying, so in all honesty you can only be better than his most recent flash.

this isn't bad at all. tons of things done right, a few things done wrong. if i wasn't so lazy i'd watch it again and critique it the way i did exorz's movie. but one thing that bothered me was all the repetitiveness and how when hyper was dodging metal sonic's punches it looked like he was holding onto his hands while metal just shook it. and the dream transitions didn't look right, it looked like you were just ready for it to be done so you animated it like that.
MajinThrenok
MajinThrenok
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-04-10

8/16/2012, 11:26 am
@Leaf wrote:
@Tal wrote:

it's not even a compliment when somebody says you animate better than alvin. i saw this one super choppy, slow flash somewhere and like five of the comments were "wow! this is way better than smbz! i can't find anything wrong with it!" :l besides, you can't technically say that you're better than alvin because he stopped animating awhile ago, and sometimes people get better at it without even trying, so in all honesty you can only be better than his most recent flash.

this isn't bad at all. tons of things done right, a few things done wrong. if i wasn't so lazy i'd watch it again and critique it the way i did exorz's movie. but one thing that bothered me was all the repetitiveness and how when hyper was dodging metal sonic's punches it looked like he was holding onto his hands while metal just shook it. and the dream transitions didn't look right, it looked like you were just ready for it to be done so you animated it like that.

Well thanks I will take that, but there is one thing I want to be clear about, I am not trying to beat Alvin infact I am not trying to beat anyone I made this for fun, well it wasn't fun when it crashed all the time but still I love what I do and I always will get better.
xShufflee
xShufflee
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2012-08-19

8/20/2012, 9:08 pm
Can't express how epic that was D:

I'm a dragon rawr :3.

Skype is: allan-san1

Add me broooos. :)
Shuhan
Shuhan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2010-06-14

8/21/2012, 5:08 pm
Serious The beam clash looked oddly familiar

Lol it's fine if you want to take inspiration from some of my animations (as I appreciate the gesture), but copying another's animation so blatantly is a huge no-no.

I loved the drawn portions of the animations. As for the sprite segments...it was more of the same.
Ray*~*Ler
Ray*~*Ler
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2011-08-28

8/21/2012, 6:29 pm
I really like the way you made this episode.
Good Story line and shit
It was laggy at first but Maybe it was my computer haha!
Either way i liked the way you drawn the characters and stuff. Just that the black lines arent suppose to be in some places. if im correct...

Ill give this a 7/10

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 BlackKyuremsig
BLACK KYUREM<333
Shiny Caught:2 (Shiny Pawniard(idk how many REs)October 2,2011
New Shiny Caught:LiepardChaos Emerald DX - Page 2 Shiny_Liepard_BW(2013 REs)October 8,2012
Signature shop: Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 SuperVegetasig_zps5897075c
Best LOL in my life. GOOD JOB RUBEN! also proof that yoshi is >_>..
Spoiler:
Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 LOOOLGFRUBENChaos Emerald DX - Page 2 VrWMv
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

8/21/2012, 6:37 pm
@Shuhan wrote: Serious The beam clash looked oddly familiar

Lol it's fine if you want to take inspiration from some of my animations (as I appreciate the gesture), but copying another's animation so blatantly is a huge no-no.

I loved the drawn portions of the animations. As for the sprite segments...it was more of the same.
*Sees shuhan has posted something* Surprised
*turns out to just be a comment* Sad

Chaos Emerald DX - Page 2 Untitl11
MajinThrenok
MajinThrenok
Spritan
Spritan

8/21/2012, 11:33 pm
@Shuhan wrote: Serious The beam clash looked oddly familiar

Yea well I hope you are not angry about this. hehe
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan

8/22/2012, 1:09 am
*cough* confession *cough* Im sure he isn't that mad. But you know he had to twitch a bit when he saw tht beam clash scene.

MajinThrenok
MajinThrenok
Spritan
Spritan

8/22/2012, 3:32 am
@THE2ndNarutox wrote:*cough* confession *cough* Im sure he isn't that mad. But you know he had to twitch a bit when he saw tht beam clash scene.

I just wanted to finish this fucking movie because CS6 was driving me insane.

And I repeat dont ever ever ever use CS6 for such animations EVER!
Shuhan
Shuhan
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2010-06-14

8/23/2012, 4:25 pm
@D3Anims wrote:
*Sees shuhan has posted something* Surprised
*turns out to just be a comment* Sad

lol sorry to disappoint you

@MajinThrenok wrote:
Yea well I hope you are not angry about this. hehe

Na, I'm not mad. But as a word of advice, even if you're rushing to finish an animation, for future reference never copy straight from another animator's animation.
Rockin
Rockin
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-04-14

8/23/2012, 9:39 pm
@Leo wrote:Okay so this wasn't terrible

But, I felt it reminded me TOO MUCH of SMBZ. Like, there's a lot of things on there that simply look like they came out straight of SMBZ. But eh, people have been doing that for years so I won't get too much into this.

I actually do agree with this. There's been a few moves that actually came from alvin himself in the same type of combo (the Knee and massive slashing Shadow got is the one I meant). Even the way the text is straight from SMBZ. You gotta branch away from this!

For what it is (which I mean in a DBZ sense), the animation was pretty good. In general though, I felt it was way too flashy in terms of effects. I felt the story was misleading, since the story SPECIFICALLY said Sonic died. It just seemed more like he got knocked out hard.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum