Spritan
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Chaos Emerald DX Empty Chaos Emerald DX

8/15/2012, 6:07 am
Phew Finally after 5 months of misery I finally done it,
The first episode is over!

It was once ment to be Sonic ESSU but my friend Shadowwalker,
an awsome animator told me to choose a better name.

I decided to change it because the first Sonic ESSU, the original was bashed by alot of fan of Sonic GX so I decided to make it again. So there you have it!

I was working with Flash CS6 my biggest mistake I ever made,
I should have use Macromedia like the rest of the good animators
around but I was stupid enuagh not to do it. My movie was crashed by the program several times I was going crazy and I made several backups to save it or I would have start it all over again.

So.... Enjoy! And I have trouble putting this on NG :/

http://adir.deviantart.com/#/d5b9on1
Tal
Tal
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3972
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Chaos Emerald DX Empty Re: Chaos Emerald DX

8/15/2012, 6:23 am
hmm shadowwalker....now that's a name that rings a bell Very Happy
well about this...
it was pretty good, less smbz will be good.
but the drawings were awesome the animation too, just story could use some work.
but i like it so far!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Interesting sig text"

Chaos Emerald DX Youtub10
Luigiman364
Luigiman364
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 3097
Registration date : 2010-12-13

8/15/2012, 8:34 am
Spoiler:
@MajinThrenok wrote:
I was working with Flash CS6 my biggest mistake I ever made,
I should have use Macromedia like the rest of the good animators

http://adir.deviantart.com/#/d5b9on1
Chaos Emerald DX 46e
As for the movie I give it a 7/10

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:
Chaos Emerald DX 8wjfia

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB
Chaos Emerald DX 2lax69
Chaos Emerald DX TZmdW
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2012-02-13

8/15/2012, 10:10 am
I give this 9/10, REALLY GREAT ANIMATION, IF CS6 IS LIKE THIS, I SAY STICK TO IT, iT LOOKS AMAZING.
Seriously this can be a proper movie bro, just put an intro to the fight and this will be a master piece, it has length, epic ness, voice clips, nice text boxes, the only minor flaw i seen is that you set the backgrounds to Jpeg quality, you can change that by going on the bitmap's properties and changing it to lossless PNG!!
MajinThrenok
MajinThrenok
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 11:00 am
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:I give this 9/10, REALLY GREAT ANIMATION, IF CS6 IS LIKE THIS, I SAY STICK TO IT, iT LOOKS AMAZING.
Seriously this can be a proper movie bro, just put an intro to the fight and this will be a master piece, it has length, epic ness, voice clips, nice text boxes, the only minor flaw i seen is that you set the backgrounds to Jpeg quality, you can change that by going on the bitmap's properties and changing it to lossless PNG!!

Yea I know but the most retarded thing is that when I turned it to png the size got bigger!
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

8/15/2012, 11:36 am
I was about to watch it, then I saw the file size.

I realize what your problem with uploading this to NG... IT'S TO DAMN BIG.

I'd watch it, but I've got a feeling it's incredibly long, so I'm not going to. yet.

I'd ask Tom to raise your upload limit, it's your only chance of uploading this.

Chaos Emerald DX Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-09-11

8/15/2012, 11:41 am
I.... I.... 9/10 nuff said...

Edit: now tht ive composed myself. THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! I can't even get mad at the DBZ influence. Because this was done right. Its an influence i can get behind. I am very satisfied that I did take the time to watch this. and oh the music.... Thats my most important part and i believe there was a bit of orgy in my mind I was so happy with the music choices! You had clear flaws in this. but Ill be honest the way everything else was done it just... didn't seem to matter! A good tip i would like to give you is try to stream ALL sounds. not just the music. tht way you wont have the flame sound eff lasting in tht ugly way like it did. and also work on fading music out from time to time. Its understandable to maybe cut it in extreme scene changes but its generally smoother to fade it out. othere than tht Bravo sir. Bravo may this series THRIVE.

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

Chaos Emerald DX 1bc99df4279fec8b2d213581d1a37e1f9cd0a787f054c4d43

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Chaos Emerald DX Jaden_yuki_signature_by_woofersrb-d50qemp

That goes double.... for a duel.
MajinThrenok
MajinThrenok
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 12:49 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I was about to watch it, then I saw the file size.

I realize what your problem with uploading this to NG... IT'S TO DAMN BIG.

I'd watch it, but I've got a feeling it's incredibly long, so I'm not going to. yet.

I'd ask Tom to raise your upload limit, it's your only chance of uploading this.

Yea my limit is 40mb it was uploaded but i cant press the preview button!
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

8/15/2012, 1:56 pm
This...was...AMAZING!!!!

Chaos Emerald DX Untitl11
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 7:02 pm
Yep, Dude, your execution was 100% CORRECT!
Dude, i think now you beated SMBZ for some reason, you made a perfect sprite anime!
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 7:42 pm
Sorry for the double post, but i cant deny myself to say this, this deserves animation of the week!!!!
THE2ndNarutox
THE2ndNarutox
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-09-11

8/15/2012, 7:45 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Sorry for the double post, but i cant deny myself to say this, this deserves animation of the week!!!!

I second that vote.

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

Chaos Emerald DX 1bc99df4279fec8b2d213581d1a37e1f9cd0a787f054c4d43

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Chaos Emerald DX Jaden_yuki_signature_by_woofersrb-d50qemp

That goes double.... for a duel.
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

8/15/2012, 7:48 pm
Okay so this wasn't terrible

But, I felt it reminded me TOO MUCH of SMBZ. Like, there's a lot of things on there that simply look like they came out straight of SMBZ. But eh, people have been doing that for years so I won't get too much into this.

Some of the animation was a bit weird, with slow ins and slow outs in the wrong places. Just minor stuff, though. There's also some jpg'd stuff here and there but I wouldn't mind especially with that size.

Uhh, one tip, don't draw on top of sprites. That's something that doesn't look really good, to be honest. It looks cheap.
Another thing is that sometimes I feel that you clutter things a bit too much with the effects. At some points I just saw flying auras and stuff. So find ways to make things as clear as possible. Sometimes I'd ask myself what the hell I was looking at.

The fights...they're good I guess. I see a lot of elements from tons of videos (I can name the videos that influenced you) but I like your ideas. They need a bit of polish because sometimes they look a little too rough. Oh yeah, at the end the sound of the fire kept playing.

It was good, I'll give you that, but you still got stuff to work on.
I actually expected more, as seeing as people above me said it was amazing, fantastic and what not. Eh, I've been looking at sprite movies for years and there's nothing INCREDIBLY eye catching on this. It's just...good.
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 7:56 pm
For some reason, Leo has a different taste from us, i loved this for the first time, seriously
read my critiques over the place, i can make 3 paragraphs of a 20 second animation, but the epicness here just couldnt allow me to critique!!!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

8/15/2012, 8:13 pm
@Leo wrote:Okay so this wasn't terrible

But, I felt it reminded me TOO MUCH of SMBZ. Like, there's a lot of things on there that simply look like they came out straight of SMBZ. But eh, people have been doing that for years so I won't get too much into this.

Some of the animation was a bit weird, with slow ins and slow outs in the wrong places. Just minor stuff, though. There's also some jpg'd stuff here and there but I wouldn't mind especially with that size.

Uhh, one tip, don't draw on top of sprites. That's something that doesn't look really good, to be honest. It looks cheap.
Another thing is that sometimes I feel that you clutter things a bit too much with the effects. At some points I just saw flying auras and stuff. So find ways to make things as clear as possible. Sometimes I'd ask myself what the hell I was looking at.

The fights...they're good I guess. I see a lot of elements from tons of videos (I can name the videos that influenced you) but I like your ideas. They need a bit of polish because sometimes they look a little too rough. Oh yeah, at the end the sound of the fire kept playing.

It was good, I'll give you that, but you still got stuff to work on.
I actually expected more, as seeing as people above me said it was amazing, fantastic and what not. Eh, I've been looking at sprite movies for years and there's nothing INCREDIBLY eye catching on this. It's just...good.
I'm with this guy,And I add on,this was just some sonic/dbz bullshit.effect whoring at its worst.over the top crap......Im just not a fan of this type of vids bro.that box you're in, think out side of it. LOL also WaelAlzFlash this shit you like?? oh my god please don't critique anymore I see now you mind set is too alvin-tized for my vids bro this confirms something I suspected from you LOL wow....just wow.

Chaos Emerald DX Untitl15
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 9:06 pm
Its my taste bro, everyone has his own taste!
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 9:10 pm
Sorry for double post, but i need to clear that in a way, my critiques has nothing to do with my taste, ill still spot things out, i also did say *I think i did* somethings about minor flaws and the background isnt PNG but JPEG, my critiques are still sharp as ever, i just like these type of animations more, you see, they have much more action then your latest animation, you get what i mean, your animation didnt even have a fight lol! so that made it even easier for me to spot your things, but when you are in a fast action paced fight, its going to be harder to pick out faults, i did aswell. but i just, forgot them lol, and i dont want to load up another 33 mb flash!
v2
v2
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 5600
Registration date : 2012-05-17

8/15/2012, 9:15 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Sorry for double post, but i need to clear that in a way, my critiques has nothing to do with my taste,
That doesn't excuse anything
Your edit button isn't broken so start using it

Chaos Emerald DX Lorde
Leo
Leo

8/15/2012, 9:31 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:For some reason, Leo has a different taste from us, i loved this for the first time, seriously
read my critiques over the place, i can make 3 paragraphs of a 20 second animation, but the epicness here just couldnt allow me to critique!!!

@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Its my taste bro, everyone has his own taste!

I don't think it has to do with taste.
I've watched all kinds of sprite movies; bad, terrible, good, great, TRULY amazing, things that are so bad that no words can describe them and really, really wonderful sprite movies.
Watching so many stuff, I've also started to see that there's a bunch of patterns that appear in the works of most newbies (save for some exceptions), including my own work, lmfao
One of these is copying things from SMBZ/DBZ left and right. I see this sort of thing everywhere and I still do. Everytime Alvin tried something new, people liked what they saw and copied that. If Alvin kept making episodes and experimenting with new stuff, people would have obviously copied those things.

Yeah, one could argue that they're essentially things from DBZ and other sources and Alvin just copied from these but hey he was one of the first guys to do it. It got boring after 305943085234093278 people did the same things over and over.

So yeah, I'm getting really tired of this crap and I thought it was disappearing (especially with more and more people being instead influenced by other people like Reeves) but it seems that it's still here and there.
Again, I don't hate this. It was okay, but it could have been better.

@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Sorry for double post, but i need to clear that in a way, my critiques has nothing to do with my taste, ill still spot things out, i also did say *I think i did* somethings about minor flaws and the background isnt PNG but JPEG, my critiques are still sharp as ever, i just like these type of animations more, you see, they have much more action then your latest animation, you get what i mean, your animation didnt even have a fight lol! so that made it even easier for me to spot your things, but when you are in a fast action paced fight, its going to be harder to pick out faults, i did aswell. but i just, forgot them lol, and i dont want to load up another 33 mb flash!

sigh
I don't think you should be doing critiques. Just go try to get better I guess (unless you're fucking amazing, if so, I'm sorry).
yeah blah bleh everything is subjective but some things are either right or wrong, period
Also, it's not that hard to spot flaws on a fast paced fight. I mean, if you can't then the guy is cluttering the screen and making stuff unreadable and that's a flaw already. Otherwise, it's not that hard. You just have to see.

@WaelAlzFlash wrote:perfect sprite anime

hahahahahahahah
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 9:36 pm
@Leo wrote:
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:perfect sprite anime

hahahahahahahah
This gave me the lulz.

Last edited by D3Anims on 8/15/2012, 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 9:37 pm
So what, i loved that style, i dont care what you say, but still, its about tastes, seriously, dont believe me? fine, i do write critiques when i have time, while im watching the sprite animation!
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 9:39 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:So what, i loved that style, i dont care what you say, but still, its about tastes, seriously, dont believe me? fine, i do write critiques when i have time, while im watching the sprite animation!

As good as it is (animationwise) the content (super saiyan hedgehogs) is played out. Watch some sprite vids from WestPointSoulja, thats Sonic fighting and acting like Sonic. You can have a huge hardcore fight without shooting explosives out of your hands. Aside from the played out super saiyan sonic vs Mecha Hedgehog Frieza, this is a good animation

WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan

8/15/2012, 9:43 pm
Agreed lol, but i like it no matter what though, i cant help it lol!
xKAreloadedx
xKAreloadedx
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2010-07-20

8/15/2012, 9:51 pm
This animation was pretty good, the animation that is. And some of the drawings added a nice feel to it, kudos to you. However, like everyone said, the whole DBZ sonic idea is played out and well, it can't really wow people if you can expect what was going to happen. But hey, people like this stuff so who am I to judge? The one thing that really bugged me was the final beam collision part, that part, both in sound, camera and animation was exactly like Shuhan's Goku vs Vegeta beam clash, except animated worse. (No offense) But yeah, hopefully you take this critique and use what you learned from it to better yourself.

Good luck
Leo
Leo

8/15/2012, 10:05 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:So what, i loved that style, i dont care what you say, but still, its about tastes, seriously, dont believe me? fine, i do write critiques when i have time, while im watching the sprite animation!

Honestly, animating sprites you can't have that much of a real "style" haha
Even if this is a style, it's an style that's copied left and right. Like the super generic animu style I see everyday on art communities.
But hey, if you like copies of copies then alright. I won't try to change you. One day you'll wake up and you'll see.

One day they all see...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum