WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2012-02-13

First time animating sonic - Page 2 Empty Re: First time animating sonic

8/11/2012, 9:56 pm
Hey, why you say im fool! im not, im just saying The Higher the FPS the smoother the animation!
Face
Face
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 13013
Registration date : 2010-04-29

8/11/2012, 10:11 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Hey, why you say im fool! im not, im just saying The Higher the FPS the smoother the animation!
....LOL ok there "Grimlock" Don't take it so personal,but its the animator that makes it smooth not the Fps,you can animate on 60 fps but if you're crap its gonna be crap,and by that same token if you're awesome it will be awesome even if you animate at 12 fps. any GOOD animator will testify to that.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

First time animating sonic - Page 2 Untitl15
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6288
Registration date : 2010-09-09

8/11/2012, 10:36 pm
@Face wrote:
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:Hey, why you say im fool! im not, im just saying The Higher the FPS the smoother the animation!
....LOL ok there "Grimlock" Don't take it so personal,but its the animator that makes it smooth not the Fps,you can animate on 60 fps but if you're crap its gonna be crap,and by that same token if you're awesome it will be awesome even if you animate at 12 fps. any GOOD animator will testify to that.

Yup. The only thing about higher fps' is that you're FORCED to make it smoother, or else the anim is too fast and you cant tell whats happening. I use 30 and once a few times have used anything higher, but never over 40. Except for that one time when I used 60, and In sure we all remember my bitching about how painful it is

___________________________________________________________________________________________

First time animating sonic - Page 2 Untitl11
Kane
Kane
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1691
Registration date : 2011-03-09

8/11/2012, 10:42 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:well, anyone can animate at any frame rate he wants lolz, if you want to animate at a higher rate, you just add mroe frames!

You don't just add more frames for higher rate, higher rate is to help make it smoother. If you did that and just added more frames it's pointless.
Leo
Leo
Number of posts : 9201
Registration date : 2009-05-23

8/11/2012, 11:18 pm
letssss drop itt guyssssssssss

if you wanna destroy yourself animating at super high frame rates thinking you're all hip and stuff then alright

don't tell me I didn't warn ya

but yeah
back to topic
NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

8/11/2012, 11:53 pm
it will be awesome even if you animate at 12 fps. any GOOD animator will testify to that.

SXR slapped me when I said I'll try out animating at 12 fps.

CONFLICT

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan

8/12/2012, 12:09 am
@NS01 wrote:
it will be awesome even if you animate at 12 fps. any GOOD animator will testify to that.

SXR slapped me when I said I'll try out animating at 12 fps.

CONFLICT

That slap was well deserved

NS01
NS01
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2009-09-07

8/12/2012, 12:25 am
First time animating sonic - Page 2 1261005165568

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
WaelAlzFlash
WaelAlzFlash
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2012-02-13

8/12/2012, 7:52 am
xDDDDDDDD
OK BACK TO TOPIC NOW!
i was just saying if you increase the fps its gonna go a little faster than that, because in some points that sonic FC (yeah, whatev) stops in the air for a second, and stops in the ground for a second, seems pointless when you are animating sonic chars, they should have 10x more pace!
BlitznBurst
BlitznBurst
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15

8/12/2012, 8:11 am
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:xDDDDDDDD
OK BACK TO TOPIC NOW!
i was just saying if you increase the fps its gonna go a little faster than that, because in some points that sonic FC (yeah, whatev) stops in the air for a second, and stops in the ground for a second, seems pointless when you are animating sonic chars, they should have 10x more pace!

Yeah no. Sonic characters do not automatically need to have fast-paced -Dragon-Ball-Z what-the-hell-is-going-on action. It's bad enough when people are applying that logic to the games. Also, fast and smooth are not the same thing. Changing the FPS does not automatically make it smoother. It makes it faster and the onyl way to make it smoother is to animate more frames, which would be completely unnoticable and not worth the effort it would take to animate twice as many frames. It's making the process twice as long to potentially make it a fraction better and even then there's no guarantee you won't just fuck it up due to not doing enough frames/overestimating it and doing too many frames.

The FPS doesn't make it smoother, the animator does, and that applies whether or not you're animating at 30 or 40 or 60.
SXR123
SXR123
Number of posts : 11630
Registration date : 2010-03-07
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

8/12/2012, 9:20 am
Blitz n' Burst wrote:Yeah no. Sonic characters do not automatically need to have fast-paced -Dragon-Ball-Z what-the-hell-is-going-on action. It's bad enough when people are applying that logic to the games. Also, fast and smooth are not the same thing. Changing the FPS does not automatically make it smoother. It makes it faster and the onyl way to make it smoother is to animate more frames, which would be completely unnoticable and not worth the effort it would take to animate twice as many frames. It's making the process twice as long to potentially make it a fraction better and even then there's no guarantee you won't just fuck it up due to not doing enough frames/overestimating it and doing too many frames.

The FPS doesn't make it smoother, the animator does, and that applies whether or not you're animating at 30 or 40 or 60.

This on so many levels... it's over 9000.

This is the end of that, just drop it. We've argued enough as it is. So yeah.

Only say stuff that involves the animation.

First time animating sonic - Page 2 Accelerator_signature_by_kyuubi03-d3aqkga

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
D3Anims
D3Anims
Spritan
Spritan

8/12/2012, 12:25 pm
@WaelAlzFlash wrote:xDDDDDDDD
OK BACK TO TOPIC NOW!
I think thats part of his style. Fps has nothing to do w/ it

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum